Delisted #39: Trent Mynott - Delisted - 24/10

Sep 29, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern Munich
McKernan, Fantasia, Brown, Stewart, Gleeson as well as younger depth like Laverde, Draper and Mynott with Daniher under a cloud...

Sheesh, We are having no luck with injuries at the moment

Indeed, calf tightness and he didn't play last week in the VFL either.

Young midfielder Trent Mynott failed to play in the VFL against Casey on Saturday and he is once again not expected to take the field this week.

“Trent had some calf tightness early last week. When we eventually got a look at that, because it wasn’t improving, (we discovered) he’s got a minor calf strain on the outside of the muscle and he’ll miss another one to two weeks,” Crow said.
https://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2019-05-14/dons-set-for-forward-boost

eDPS

Premium Platinum
Nov 4, 2010
Melbourne - Eastern Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
0234C5D2-FEDD-44EE-A559-90EA5755BEA7.png

Will be interesting to see if Snelling plays before him, he’s been our best performed mid and wonder why hes been passed over.
He got injured and hasn't been as well performed since returning honestly. He'll still be a player IMO but Snelling and Ham's form have been better

Oct 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Everton, Storm, Victory
He got injured and hasn't been as well performed since returning honestly. He'll still be a player IMO but Snelling and Ham's form have been better

I thought his game against the Northen Blues was really good but his last two weeks haven’t been as good.

The part I favour him over Snelling at is Will seems to get 99% of his ball within five-ten seconds of a stoppage. Excellent but I’m not sure he’ll be able to be effective in other roles at AFL level.

May 6, 2007
South East Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspurs, Melbourne Vixen
A guy who has had an incredibly under rated year at VFL level.

Averaging 21 disposals (+2 on '18 average), more kicks (+5), more tackles (+2), more inside 50's (+2) and has equaled his 2018 goals tally (only 7) but in 5 less games.

Obviously behind a few for senior selection but he has the tools to make it at AFL level. Definitely worth persisting with. A big game today against Sandringham and he could put his hand right up in lights for a debut in coming weeks.

Back