Interviews, podcasts & upcoming media info [post media articles in relevant threads]

I think it's important to factor in a few things. One is obviously the wet weather which affects skills and kicking and secondly, while it wasn't up to a dry footy standard, we had over 30 shots at goal. That is a huge number. If we're doing that with wet weather efficiency we're in a good place. Just need to kick straighter.

Dylan12

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea, Boston Red Sox
Bumper crowd of 10K expected.:rolleyes:

Seems worthwhile playing in crap conditions in a hole of a place where half the crowd can’t get a seat at the expense of playing in front of 40K where everyone gets a seat and is comfortable.

I’m clearly missing something.

Seems worthwhile playing in crap conditions in a hole of a place where half the crowd can’t get a seat at the expense of playing in front of 40K where everyone gets a seat and is comfortable.

$$$$$.

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

Missing a bit I suspect

Crowd was only 20k last time we played at Etihad and it isn’t a great ground especially when they leave the roof open.

It looks like a beautiful ground and I don’t think the conditions will be that bad. Probably no worse than the dew round 1 at the Gabba.

BangyBangy

BangyBangyMightyLoins
Oct 16, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

Wouldn't be anywhere near 40K. I guess the stadium deal for the Dogs at MARS means a better return for them as opposed to playing at MARVEL with a smaller crowd. Hence why they play interstate / low drawing teams there.

I'd bet they'd be getting a bit of a kicker too from the local council / tourism board.

I don't like it, but I do understand.

marooned

Club Legend
Aug 19, 2016
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

Definitely not missing the whinging gene.

Dylan12

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea, Boston Red Sox
Didn’t see anyone post it, but just started watching 7’s Sunday morning Gameday program and Lachie Neale was on the panel for the show.

Surprising the club doesn’t actively promote such appearances given it would’ve been organised some time ago.

Dylan12

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea, Boston Red Sox
Mitch Robinson was also on the Sunday Footy Show yesterday and demonstrated his barber skills on Nathan Brown.

Lions on both morning shows and nothing came out of the club...

Oct 11, 2011
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Mitch Robinson was also on the Sunday Footy Show yesterday and demonstrated his barber skills on Nathan Brown.

Lions on both morning shows and nothing came out of the club...
No problem with you taking pot shots at us, but please be accurate.

We didn't post about Mitch because we didnt know till very late, was organised through his own channels not ours.

Dylan12

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea, Boston Red Sox
No problem with you taking pot shots at us, but We didn't post about Mitch because we didnt know till very late, was organised through his own channels not ours.
Hardly a pot shot.:rolleyes:

Tad precious when you even said last week the comms team hasn’t been as efficient in recent weeks for whatever reason.

Rich on 360 tonight apparently

Daniel spoke really well. Gave some interesting insights. Robbo mentioned that he wished the interview could have gone on for another 15 minutes.

A pity Daniel doesn't speak more often in the media.

Sausages

HIGH PRIEST IN THE TEMPLE OF GG/SNSD
Feb 27, 2007
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Luton Town
Yeah, it was a shame he didn't get more time - still, good to see them chucking a mic our way.

Dylan12

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea, Boston Red Sox
The segments were promoted you just didn't see it. Probably best to check beforehand.
On Twitter?

I record all footy programs so don’t miss anything, but like a lot of people with older family members that follow the Lions; they don’t have Twitter.

I don’t recall ever seeing anything on the website (you know, the medium that most older people are limited too) where fans are advised of upcoming media segments by players, coaches etc. Do you?

If the club wants to limit communication to Twitter, then it is only effectively reaching 50-60% of its fan base. But then again, it’s not like the club is really that interested in regularly communicating with its older demographic. Does the consultation re the Paddlepop jumper ring any bells?

Back