Review Review: R8 v Port Adelaide

HarryCrow

Senior List
Aug 16, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Running to the right places is crucial in a defensive zone and with 2 goals and one of our better finishers I wouldn't think he's first in the firing line.

Aug 7, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
I know im getting way ahead of myself but imagine winning thr premiership and getting pick 1. Has that ever happened?
Ah, that was you asking this ... I was looking at pick #1's yesterday and looks like WCE might did this in 1992 - they were premiers and had pick #1 in the draft. They traded Scott Watters & Begovich to Sydney for #1. Our difference is we did the trade the year before and paid much less.

Bay62

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 28, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
The first step is admitting our superiority, and looking for ways to fix it- but they'll never do that.

This is spot on

It was admitting their superiority over us in early showdowns that lead to us righting the ledger

To his credit Neil Craig realized that they were sucking us in with aggression, we’d get angry and lose focus and they’d win

Once he made us refocus on getting the job done and ignoring the emotion the tables turned. Pyke has continued and improved on it

Port are in the same type of situation but haven’t worked it out yet

Running to the right places is crucial in a defensive zone and with 2 goals and one of our better finishers I wouldn't think he's first in the firing line.
Agree.

However, give all the running & pressure acts, we should be managing Knight by resting him from some games... which would allow us also to give McHenry a chance too... otherwise Riley will end up injured again.

rocket18

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 9, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Goody Saints
I like the comments from the Port board how they would have won if Dixon was playing.

Looked up his record, he has played against us 9 times for 1 win and 8 loses. In those 9 games he has kicked 11 goals.

His overall record is pretty crappy, he has never kicked 50 goals in a season, only averages 1.5 goals a game.

A Grotto Fun Fact could be: JJ has played against Port 9 times for 6 wins and 3 loses. In those 9 games he has kicked 22 goals. Is he twice as good as Charlie?

May 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg
I like the comments from the Port board how they would have won if Dixon was playing.

Looked up his record, he has played against us 9 times for 1 win and 8 loses. In those 9 games he has kicked 11 goals.

His overall record is pretty crappy, he has never kicked 50 goals in a season, only averages 1.5 goals a game.

A Grotto Fun Fact could be: JJ has played against Port 9 times for 6 wins and 3 loses. In those 9 games he has kicked 22 goals. Is he twice as good as Charlie?
Talia usually locks Dixon down pretty well.

Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Autobots and Team America
Enjoying the Port board folklore where they believe Kern's contract has a clause that doesn't guarantee 2021 and it is incentive based.

Why would Kern agree to thus when he supposedly being offered the Gold Coast job.

What precedent is there that KT and Kochie are that savvy and have the balls to suggest such a contract to Kern.

Got to remember that these two muppets took nearly 18 months to get a second joint major sponsor, who only ended up being a personal donation from the Gupta family with Steve Marshall (Gupta being a big private financier in this State) at the announcement.

Kern will be there till at least 2021. At which point it would be great if they make Finals and he gets another extension.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
BF standard answer. Both are playing well enough to retain their spots.

So you’d keep Milera in the 2s just because Rat and Dmac are going ok? That’s so Adelaide. The way it is meant to work is that Milera and Seed, when ready, come in and 2 players need to make way. If they happen to be unlucky because they don’t deserve to be dropped, then even better. That’s exactly the scenario that we want to be playing out.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Yup you're right on Keath. Crows did really well to Cat B rookie him while he was still playing pro cricket. Was a great show of faith that will hopefully be repaid in spades. At 27, and without a battered footy body, there's no reason why he cant give 5 years of fantastic service.

And just on Dmac, sometimes i think fans get a perception on someone early on, maybe he made some shocking mistakes when he started out, amplified more because he was surrounded by class players like Danger, Sloane, McCleod. Didn't help that RGray was picked in the draft after him either.
He's obv rated by teammates and coaches or no way he lasts 200 games. Just offers a lot that we can't see i guess. Saints fans have the same perception of Newnes. We all need a scapegoat when things go sour. And usually the first cab of the rank are those vanilla types.(that dont fight back)

Dmac is having his best start to a year since 2009. You’re reasoning is way off. Firstly, you’re literally the first person to mention Robby Gray in a post on Dmac in the number of years that I’ve been on here. Secondly, he was exceptional early, we all loved him and thought we had a star but instead he ended up being a plodder who’s never cracked the top 10 in a b&f and has mostly finished 20+ on votes per game.

Sep 25, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Dmac is having his best start to a year since 2009. You’re reasoning is way off. Firstly, you’re literally the first person to mention Robby Gray in a post on Dmac in the number of years that I’ve been on here. Secondly, he was exceptional early, we all loved him and thought we had a star but instead he ended up being a plodder who’s never cracked the top 10 in a b&f and has mostly finished 20+ on votes per game.

Yeah, im just clutching at straws playing devils advocate. Its my crows mate who never stops comparing Dmac with Gray not anything i picked up on bf.

You're obv right. The evidence is overwhelming. Looks like a spud, plays like a spud, stats like a spud = 🥔.

(Now watch him win the gf with a kick after the siren. Would be epic. 😆)

Mike Smyth

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 8, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
So you’d keep Milera in the 2s just because Rat and Dmac are going ok? That’s so Adelaide. The way it is meant to work is that Milera and Seed, when ready, come in and 2 players need to make way. If they happen to be unlucky because they don’t deserve to be dropped, then even better. That’s exactly the scenario that we want to be playing out.
Jones must also come in sooner rather than later. Too many players but not enough available spots. Its a nice problem to have.

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Dmac is having his best his normal start to a year since 2009. You’re reasoning is way off. Firstly, you’re literally the first person to mention Robby Gray in a post on Dmac in the number of years that I’ve been on here. Secondly, he was exceptional early, we all loved him and thought we had a star but instead he ended up being a plodder who’s never cracked the top 10 in a b&f and has mostly finished 20+ on votes per game.
EFA :cool: ......WW (tick) ....EC (X)

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Similar things were said about polec.

Sent from my MI PAD 4 using Tapatalk
Yes, true .....and Port and their finess guru believed they had overcome the issue .......but sometimes you're just one further bad injury to the area, away from retirement

Back