Strength Weight Training: Anything and Everything II

Remove this Banner Ad

I hate leg DOMS, was still feeling it a little Monday morning from a Thursday morning session.
Kind of like upper body DOMS though, weird.

Jul 12, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Eagles, Lakers, Bayern, Trojans
I hate leg DOMS, was still feeling it a little Monday morning from a Thursday morning session.
Kind of like upper body DOMS though, weird.
That's because you always have to use your legs for basically everything you do in life due to walking.

All upper body you can just not use in your everyday life

chargers 09

Premiership Player
May 13, 2009
A shithole
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls, Baltimore Ravens
Dumbbells are the best. The absolute best. I don’t do chest anymore but I shifted the 45kg once and that was when I was my strongest. I was pushing people around at footy training who were benching 120-130kg.

I’m with you on DB for chest. Never do a BB bench press anymore- far less taxing on the rotator cuffs also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apr 18, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
I’m with you on DB for chest. Never do a BB bench press anymore- far less taxing on the rotator cuffs also.

Agreed. Dumbbells just have this natural feel. Smooth. I don’t do chest anymore, I am totally focused on all back and posterior chain work these days. My vanity days are done I am afraid.

Themanbun

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I'm at the wonderful point of my diet down where I'm weak, look like I've lost size, but don't yet have a heap of definition. The "you need to start bulking bro" comments are coming thick and fast.

SHAKESPEARE

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 21, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I am convinced. DB benches are my thing now.

After doing PPL for a while, i took about 6 days off between leg days and hit it yesterday for the first time. I felt weak and hesitant getting back into a leg day and wanted to just do quantity over weight.

Well i did 100kg for the first time in ages (only 1RPM) and it was quite easy. Felt much lighter than usual. Not sure what it was...maybe the weekend of eating undesirably gave me a bit of oomph. Either way, it was a solid session...except the leg press nearly caused my quad to rip.

I am convinced. DB benches are my thing now.

After doing PPL for a while, i took about 6 days off between leg days and hit it yesterday for the first time. I felt weak and hesitant getting back into a leg day and wanted to just do quantity over weight.

Well i did 100kg for the first time in ages (only 1RPM) and it was quite easy. Felt much lighter than usual. Not sure what it was...maybe the weekend of eating undesirably gave me a bit of oomph. Either way, it was a solid session...except the leg press nearly caused my quad to rip.
100kg on what?

Themanbun

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
What’s your goal?

Started at 80kg. Working down to 75kg slowly. Lowest I've ever gone was 74.5kg, about four weeks out from comp before I injured myself. Currently at 78kg. I start to really dial in once I drop below 76kg, generally though I'm expecting that to be lower now since I've lost some muscle.

back squats. Forgot the most important thing.

I have been struggling badly..even just to get 100kg off the rack
what's your normal working weight and rep range?

SHAKESPEARE

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 21, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
what's your normal working weight and rep range?

80 for about 5. Tried 90 a few weeks ago and couldn't get it up.

I have been trying 100 for a while and haven't been confident to even go down. Yesterday it just happened.

The fronts suffered but i killed myself on the Zercher's which i am feeling today. Love that feel

(Log in to remove this ad.)

80 for about 5. Tried 90 a few weeks ago and couldn't get it up.

I have been trying 100 for a while and haven't been confident to even go down. Yesterday it just happened.

The fronts suffered but i killed myself on the Zercher's which i am feeling today. Love that feel
80 for about 5?
You do one set of 80kgs back squats but don't always get 5 out? This is after warm ups I assume?

How often are you squatting?

SHAKESPEARE

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 21, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
80 for about 5?
You do one set of 80kgs back squats but don't always get 5 out? This is after warm ups I assume?

How often are you squatting?

Sorry, working set. No program.

So yesterday:

Back Squats:

Bar x 15
40kg x 12
60kg x 8
80 x 5
90 x 3
100 x 1

Front Squats

Bar x 10
40 x 8
60 x 5
60 x 5
80 x 3

Zerchers

60 x 5
60 x 5
80 x 5 (Last 3 assisted)

I do this twice a week

chargers 09

Premiership Player
May 13, 2009
A shithole
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls, Baltimore Ravens
Agreed. Dumbbells just have this natural feel. Smooth. I don’t do chest anymore, I am totally focused on all back and posterior chain work these days. My vanity days are done I am afraid.

What about shoulders?- I’m more an OH press man than DB for that area.

SHAKESPEARE

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 21, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
My limit, i have found, is 100kg squats, 110kg deadlifts, 55kg Bench.

CreamyDirtyCaudata-size_restricted.gif

I used to squat 140kg with ease...now I have no fight left in the legs.
Deadlifted 132.5 tonight for a single after not being able to budge 120 off the floor a month ago.

Hadn't deadlifted all month either. 140 did not budge though :(

Deadlifted 132.5 tonight for a single after not being able to budge 120 off the floor a month ago.

Hadn't deadlifted all month either. 140 did not budge though :(
are you doing 1RMs every session to track your progress?

SHAKESPEARE

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 21, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
are you doing 1RMs every session to track your progress?
I had been before giving deadlifts up for the last month. Did it twice in a row quite easily, but the next 7.5kg broke me.

Everything has been easier this week, which feels good

Remove this Banner Ad

Back