2019 Trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Because I think he could do a job. Hasn't played for 3 or 4 weeks, might reduce his price if he doesn't play much. Key forward good foil for Hipwood if McStay doesn't come on.

He might be useful for a season or 2 but is there really a point? A minor improvement to help us push for the eight or a premiership?

We already have players on our list who you would hope could be at least as good as Jenkins and won't have to pay them anywhere near as much to get them there ,if they're not nearly there yet .

The lack of competitiveness in the NEAFL means that the major league might be a big shock to them , the ones we rate need to be given more experience wherever possible.

Patton seems likely for the Hawks apparently. I'd take Patton over Jenkins even with the injury history.

Yeah, I'd agree with that sentiment. Also having said that, I'm not sure I'd be particularly interested in Patton either. Even before his latest knee injury I thought he was struggling to get a game in the seniors.

I love(d) Patton as a player.

I'm not sure I'd take him now.

He's look very tentative ever since the second knee, not being quite so game to crash the packs like he used to, and with a turning circle of the Titanic. I can't see either of those being improved after a third knee.

I love(d) Patton as a player.

I'm not sure I'd take him now.

He's look very tentative ever since the second knee, not being quite so game to crash the packs like he used to, and with a turning circle of the Titanic. I can't see either of those being improved after a third knee.
Yeah Hawks can have him!
And they’ll turn him into a 60+ goal a year player!
Then we’ll say, I always knew he was gonna do that! (We should have went hard for him).

Yeah Hawks can have him!
And they’ll turn him into a 60+ goal a year player!
Then we’ll say, I always knew he was gonna do that! (We should have went hard for him).
He has had 3 knee reconstructions and had knee issues since he was a teenager, he may turn into a 60+ a season player but it's highly unlikely.

Hard pass on Patton in my opinion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out of curiosity, for those here who are keen on Jenkins what if Marcus Adams body sorts itself out and he sets the world on fire up forward if thats where the club thought he was best set at?
I have high hopes for Adams and I do believe we sold him time up forward not just down back.
Granted Jenkins is 8cm taller and 15kgs heavier.

Jenkins:
200cm
108kgs

Adams
192cm
93kgs

Or is Adams not considered a key tall?

McStay is
195cm
100kgs

Hipwood
204cm
90kgs

Good little discussion on the AFL Exchange podcast about opposition teams chasing GWS’s young midfielders.

The crux of the discussion was that GWS has a number of high pick inside midfielders currently playing in their reserves (Aiden Bonar, Jackson Hately and Jye Caldwell) and have another coming through their academy this year.

They mentioned Aiden Bonar and St Kilda.

Good little discussion on the AFL Exchange podcast about opposition teams chasing GWS’s young midfielders.

The crux of the discussion was that GWS has a number of high pick inside midfielders currently playing in their reserves (Aiden Bonar, Jackson Hately and Jye Caldwell) and have another coming through their academy this year.

They mentioned Aiden Bonar and St Kilda.

Would not be at all surprised if we went really, really hard at Caldwell. Think we loved him.

Agree, McStay is better and has his issues. Prefer to play Woller and Ballenden even Eagles.

Dan the Man has played every game this year. As far as I can see he gets rotated only infrequently- ie he is predominantly on field.

He has kicked 8 goals this season. That's one goal per game. We won't count the misses.

He is 195cm and around 100kg's. He is in other words one big unit. Lachie Neale is 177cm and weighs 82kg's. Big he ain't. He'll never be in the hunt for MOTY. But who would you back in a on-on-one ground ball contest [no need to answer this self-evident question].

There is only so far a KPF can go without being a KPF. I am well aware Dan has his rusted-on supporters here [contests the ball, brings to ground, playing his role, foil for Hipwood, etc etc]. He is quite obviously being given the chance [like last year and the year before] to develop, and fair enough. KPF's don't grow on trees.

But when is enough enough. I agree no potential KPF in the NEAFL is knocking down the door. But maybe we should take the chance on the most promising.

This is not another McStay whinge or whine, rather intended as a statement of the bleeding obvious. Right now he is being carried.

Out of curiosity, for those here who are keen on Jenkins what if Marcus Adams body sorts itself out and he sets the world on fire up forward if thats where the club thought he was best set at?
I have high hopes for Adams and I do believe we sold him time up forward not just down back.
Granted Jenkins is 8cm taller and 15kgs heavier.

Jenkins:
200cm
108kgs

Adams
192cm
93kgs

Or is Adams not considered a key tall?

McStay is
195cm
100kgs

Hipwood
204cm
90kgs
I reckon Adams would be a gun if he ever got his body right. Really disappointed that he hasn't come up this year but he would be a definite upgrade on McStay/Walker /any of the others bar Andrews and Hipwood . Just been injury prone his whole career and I guess that's the risk we took

Dan the Man has played every game this year. As far as I can see he gets rotated only infrequently- ie he is predominantly on field.

He has kicked 8 goals this season. That's one goal per game. We won't count the misses.

He is 195cm and around 100kg's. He is in other words one big unit. Lachie Neale is 177cm and weighs 82kg's. Big he ain't. He'll never be in the hunt for MOTY. But who would you back in a on-on-one ground ball contest [no need to answer this self-evident question].

There is only so far a KPF can go without being a KPF. I am well aware Dan has his rusted-on supporters here [contests the ball, brings to ground, playing his role, foil for Hipwood, etc etc]. He is quite obviously being given the chance [like last year and the year before] to develop, and fair enough. KPF's don't grow on trees.

But when is enough enough. I agree no potential KPF in the NEAFL is knocking down the door. But maybe we should take the chance on the most promising.

This is not another McStay whinge or whine, rather intended as a statement of the bleeding obvious. Right now he is being carried.
Thing is, we don't have a KPF in the NEAFL who can come in play the McStay role.

Fullerton is a Cat B rookie and can only be promoted if there is a player placed on the long term injury list.

Wooller is more a third tall, leading forward, which possibly would interfere with Hipwood's game.

Ballenden is not ready.

He was a Lions supporter wasn’t he?
No. That was Walsh and Duursma.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back