Retired #23: David Myers - Retiring at the end of the season - 20/8

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm of the view that David has run his race and needs to be jettisoned to the twos, permanently.

But if people actually seriously care that he'd dare wink before having that shot last night, then they need to find better things to get annoyed about.

I saw a few people tweet about it. Amazing. It’s either an umpire telling him the siren has gone, a teammate telling him relax and give it his best etc, or an opponent telling him he’s no chance.

In any case, a nod and wink is a perfectly reasonable response.

I saw a few people tweet about it. Amazing. It’s either an umpire telling him the siren has gone, a teammate telling him relax and give it his best etc, or an opponent telling him he’s no chance.

In any case, a nod and wink is a perfectly reasonable response.
We have so many nuffy fans

I'm of the view that David has run his race and needs to be jettisoned to the twos, permanently.

But if people actually seriously care that he'd dare wink before having that shot last night, then they need to find better things to get annoyed about.

It wasn’t a great look though... it’s been more of a talking point than it probably should have, but losing to the worst side in the league and then just having a wink and a laugh about it afterwards... I dunno, I get that they’re human, but I can also understand members and fans being a bit pissed off about it. It’s a bit of a slap in the face

I see no reason people can't get annoyed about a wink and also get annoyed about better things.

74e26fbe-d8d7-4764-a594-211c9887d22d-jpeg.671434

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Given his form in the seniors, he really needs to be ripping it up in the VFL before you'd even consider bringing him back. I thought Myers was pretty good last year, rating him higher than most on here, but his form this season has been genuinely awful. A mere month away from turning 30 and you have to think that maybe he is done.

I’m actually really disappointed he’s been dropped. Clearly one of our best all year. Very articulate, and knows a Guatemalan single origin from an Ecuadorian. A real leader ...when it comes to rounding up the young boys and teaching them a bit about the subtle differences between Italian white wine varietals.

Oh wait, are you guys suggesting the team should be picked on football performance?

(Seriously tho, does seem a nice bloke).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back