Remove this Banner Ad

Grimes
Vlastuin
Lambert
Prestia
Stack
Edwards

all easily ahead of him

Think so far the votes will have been more widely distributed than usual. How big is your blanket?

None of those players are "easily" ahead of him except in the eyes of his haters. Iet's just wait until JD Medal night and see what happens.

Why do you incite by calling someone like Gun a hater when he's just not a fan - it seems weird unless you two have history and that's just banter......:think:

Last edited:
It only supposition he is up for trade, the club would never acknowledge that mid season. I also saw that incident and i agree that was poor, but the rest was great. I think its more a poor technique and judgement than being soft. It looked like he wasnt sure where the pack was or if he was going to take out our own player. I also think he second gueses himself as ive seen this year he was getting yelled at to keep his feet ie dont jump wildly into packs.
Spot on. There was a game earlier this season where astbury screamed at him to stay down after he went into the pack and the oppo ran away with it. It's that split second thing isn't it? If he does go, then who gets the loose ball; if he doesn't then he's seen as weak.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So if you are not going pay over the odds - what do you call $750k, which you didn't say was over the odds? You only said $900k was. What if he's on $500 now and is offered $750 - it's $250k over? What do you do? Even $700, or $650 what to do?

It's very lovely being emotive and saying we shouldn't treat players as disposable things, but I don't think anyone is doing that. You are simply choosing to interpret discussions here that way to suit your purpose of criticism of anyone having a constructive discussion about the list into 2020. You don't like it - we get it. But it won't help saying STOP IT, becuase it is looming like it or not. It hasn't stopped me cheering Brandon, it hasn't stopped me singing his praises when deserved. You have stopped considering the realities looming of RFA. You won't even engage. Your choice.

He's not a whipping boy to me, I'm a fan, as I was a fan of Sam Lloyd who went for a better contract, not a fan of Conca but he too went for an enhanced contract.

Suggest you instead go hard on the people who disparage Brandon's footballing efforts by all means, but, if you won't even try and consider the list management issues, step back from discussing that part of the realistic football landscape, leave that part of the discussion to the willing participants on this board.
dont want to argue with you mate, the comments on brando here are clear that he is a whipping boy. theres not many other players on our team who have the oh he played well we will get a good pick talk. so despite you telling yourself he is not a whipping boy, he clearly is. if he has a very good season the club will want to keep him ideally. for how much i dont know and i dont really care about specific numbers as it wasnt my main point. for me i hope he continues his form and reaches that form when he made the aa squad, because having a quality winger would help alot

He's played 3 absolutely ripping games for us this year. Been solid in the rest bar one.

I think top 5-6 in the B&F is pretty close to the mark.

Fancy that. Coming on here every day and trying to justify hate for a guy who is playing good footy and has been loyal to the RFC for many years.

What a life

dont want to argue with you mate, the comments on brando here are clear that he is a whipping boy. theres not many other players on our team who have the oh he played well we will get a good pick talk. so despite you telling yourself he is not a whipping boy, he clearly is. if he has a very good season the club will want to keep him ideally. for how much i dont know and i dont really care about specific numbers as it wasnt my main point. for me i hope he continues his form and reaches that form when he made the aa squad, because having a quality winger would help alot

No I know you don't want a reasoned discussion, that's become clearer as we've gone on. There is your myopic view only. Be as embittered as you like about people discussing Ellis more broadly because it won't change others having full and frank discussions about what is at stake beyond the rainbows.

Last edited:
No I know you don't want a reasoned discussion, that's become clearer as we've gone on. There is your myopic view only. Be as embittered as you like about people discussing Ellis more broadly because it won't change others having full and frank discussions about what is at stake beyond the rainbows.
Think you are the unreasonable one , I actually kinda agree with you regarding not paying over the odds, all I am saying is it is a bit distasteful that's all. You guys can go ahead and slag him off and cheer for the 1st round compo all you want , but I am entitled to say it is distasteful as it is. We have a guy here who is performing well yet is not treated as well as some other guys who are not even in the team

Ok, closest to the pin.
I'll say 5th after r8, what do you pick?
$250 each, we send it now to a mod for safe keeping, then on JD night whoever is closest gets the cash.
Mate you said he would be top 5 and i say he wont be so lets just do it 1-5 you win 6+ I win

1 litre Bottle of Chivas Roughly $70

Mate you said he would be top 5 and i say he wont be so lets just do it 1-5 you win 6+ I win

1 litre Bottle of Chivas Roughly $70

I said at round eight he would be 5-6, you said 6 players were easily ahead if him at that stage, going by that you should be minimum 7th.

Make it after round eight I'm 5 or under, and 7th or over for you, 6th is just a draw and no result.

Honour system, bump the thread on JD night, the loser send the other $75.

Sounds fair to me. :)

Why do you incite by calling someone like Gun a hater when he's just not a fan - it seems weird unless you two have history and that's just banter......:think:
Its not that im not a fan of Ellis as i have him rated as a good ordinary player thats very outside and doesnt have an inside game, I have never potted him in his career and he has been a decent servant of the club and is a premiership player thats been on very good money based on his previous contract being in the top 25% earners at the club.

But i believe we have many players to replace him that show more upside going foward for cheaper coin that would allow us to keep younger more talented players like Bolton,Stack,Baker,Naish,Ross,RCD,CCJ etc. For the amount he will get offered the compo pick to me is more appealing.

In a closest to the pin with him going 5, if you go 6 it’s exactly the same outcome.

1-5 vs 6+
i know so whats the point really top 5 is what its all about but im happy to take the bottle of chivas and dont really like taking money from 'Mates'
and rather it be for something like a drink

I said at round eight he would be 5-6, you said 6 players were easily ahead if him at that stage, going by that you should be minimum 7th.

Make it after round eight I'm 5 or under, and 7th or over for you, 6th is just a draw and no result.

Honour system, bump the thread on JD night, the loser send the other $75.

Sounds fair to me. :)
Done :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back