Opinion Ideal lineup when Naitanui returns

Remove this Banner Ad

hungrytiger

Club Legend
Oct 3, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Schofield mentioned on the latest Coast to Coast pod that they expect NN to spend majority of time deep fwd. NN in the goalsquare one on one would give defenders nightmares.

I'd be pretty comfortable with Hickey being the primary ruck with small bursts in the middle from NN.

Yep like i said that Nic Nat will remove Oscar Allen because of this exactly.

Waterman goes out for Rioli this week. Oscar stays until Nic comes back.

Hickey the number 1 ruck with Nic pinch hitting but playing the deep fwd taking clunks. Should help Darling roam up the ground more and not go missing as much..

hungrytiger

Club Legend
Oct 3, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Hurn Barrass Shep
Duggan Gov Jetta
Redden Yeo Gaff
Petch JD Rioli
Ryan JK Cripps

Hickey Shuey Sheed

Nic Nat, Hutch, Venables, Cole

Simple changes.

Vardy out for Hickey as Nic Nat wont do much rucking..
Barrass for Schofield.
Rioli for Waterman.
Nic Nat for Oscar Allen

Doashuey

Premiership Player
Sep 13, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
I can see them going with vardy over hickey + nic.

I assume vardy may be the better fwd/ruc
Not on available evidence this year. Vardy was better this week but he has been horrid and his best game in 2019 has been beneath anything Hickey has turned out bar the Brisbane game where they were both putrid.

If you are trying to sell on his forward craft, so far this year in 7 games he boasts: 0 Goals, 0 behinds, 0 marks inside 50.
Hickey has provided a little bit more up forward (3 goals, no behinds, 2 MI50) but has been substantially better around the ground.
If the trend continues until NN is back then the NN/Hickey combo a no brainer.

Mico89

Team Captain
Apr 26, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Hurn Allen/Barrass Shep
Duggan Gov Jetta
Gaff Sheed Smith
Petruccelle Darling Rioli
Cripps Kennedy Ryan

Hickey, Yeo, Shuey

Naitanui, Cole, Redden, Hutchings

eaglesfan84

Premium Platinum
Oct 6, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
FB: Hurn Barrass Jetta
HB: Shep Gov Dug
C: Gaff Redden Sheed
HF: Ryan Darling Cripps
FF: Rioli Kennedy Petch
R: Hickey Shuey Yeo

Bench: NN, Cole, Hutchings, Oallen

Oallen gets a spot on the bench cos he can play Fwd, ruck or back. However if we wanted a bit more fleet footed attack could go with Venners or Cameron.

Candiru

Premiership Player
Jan 27, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Don't think our best 22 has changed much since R1. Masten is out of favour but that's about it. Substitute Naitanui for Vardy/Hickey and carry on.

Candiru

Premiership Player
Jan 27, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
If Oscar Allen is fit and contributing he gets picked every week.
So the question becomes, as it does for every player, whether he's contributing enough. As a swingman who can pinch-hit in the ruck, he has obvious value but he's probably one of the last 2 or 3 picked in our best 22.

Simmo is good at playing the long game

I’d imagine if the plan was for OAllen to partner Nic upon his return - he’d be rucking far more than the 15% he’s doing now

Reckon it’s a simple case of Nic for one of Allen/Waterman

Need willie to have found fitness by then so as to allow nic to play limited minutes

Also - if the there are concerns about PERTH stadiums hardness - why not debut Nic at the MCG

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WCE_phil

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 14, 2009
perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Simmo is good at playing the long game

I’d imagine if the plan was for OAllen to partner Nic upon his return - he’d be rucking far more than the 15% he’s doing now

Reckon it’s a simple case of Nic for one of Allen/Waterman

Need willie to have found fitness by then so as to allow nic to play limited minutes

Also - if the there are concerns about PERTH stadiums hardness - why not debut Nic at the MCG

Because travelling 4+ hours on a plane at altitude will almost certainly be worse for inflammation and recovery than playing at Optus. Unless we charter a private plane and set it up with facilities for physio and other treatments.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back