Trades Round 9 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Geelong selections.
Certainty.

These are not compatible :)
Worth a waste of a trade for a performing rookie? Only 3 scenarios I see and easy to plan for

1. Not named - You trade
2. Named and team looks normal - Don't trade, have a playing emergency ready in case
3. Named but with a Selwood/Danger type listed as emergency - You trade

You must be going quite well if you're trading for an unlikely scenario

Worth a waste of a trade for a performing rookie? Only 3 scenarios I see and easy to plan for

1. Not named - You trade
2. Named and team looks normal - Don't trade, have a playing emergency ready in case

True true!
I had option 1 last week with Constable. No regrets.

Thinking:

Ross -> Answerth (now that Bailey out 6 weeks)
Walsh -> Boak (time to pull the trigger)
I’m filthy at myself for not having Answerth already now that it appears there aren’t many rookies to downgrade to. Thought bailey would displace him when he came back.... so much for thinking with my head

1. Not named - You trade

Think that’s what half the bigfooty community did last week and it appears to have backfired

I'm a bit confused as to what I should be doing.

I can get any one of T. Kelly, Boak and Dunkley in this week by trading Petruccelle and Parker and cracking open my nest egg.

Do I chase the cheapest with huge upside in Dunkley who could go back to being crap
Do I chase a sure thing but still underpriced in T. Kelly
Or do I go after the Ultra Premo in Boak who is probably starting to peak in price

I can also get Danger, but will wait 1 more week for his price to likely bottom out.

If you told me last year that 30-year-old Travis Boak would be the highest averaging Fantasy player in the first 8 rounds of 2019 instead of Macrae or Grundy, I'd probably call them crazy. I picked him before Round 1 expecting only 95-100, but 117 is really amazing.
Plaudits to Boaky for keeping it up! :clapping: Hopefully he can really capitalise on Port's amazing run to the byes!
I feel like a proud dad after going out to all the preseason internal games and raving about Boak here (and Duursma 😍)

I’m filthy at myself for not having Answerth already now that it appears there aren’t many rookies to downgrade to. Thought bailey would displace him when he came back.... so much for thinking with my head

I think it was a smart way to go (maybe because I did it...)
He hasn’t gone up that much and has DPP so I feel worth pursuing whilst we wait for the next bunch of cash cows to come up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can get any one of T. Kelly, Boak and Dunkley in this week by trading Petruccelle and Parker and cracking open my nest egg.

Do I chase the cheapest with huge upside in Dunkley who could go back to being crap
Or do I go after the Ultra Premo in Boak who is probably starting to peak in price

I can also get Danger, but will wait 1 more week for his price to likely bottom out.
Wow so you have none of those guys in your fwd line right now? Your midfield must be awesome...
Anyway, I reckon get Boak ASAP, especially for instant reward this week. Time to crack open that "nest egg"
TKelly next on the list, he is also must-have.
Dunks may be a bit uncertain on role but I'm confident, got max 10 coaches votes this week so Bevo must like what Dunks is doing....
Danger, yeah wait for him to drop in price.

Wow so you have none of those guys in your fwd line right now? Your midfield must be awesome...
Anyway, I reckon get Boak ASAP, especially for instant reward this week. Time to crack open that "nest egg"
TKelly next on the list, he is also must-have.
Dunks may be a bit uncertain on role but I'm confident, got max 10 coaches votes this week so Bevo must like what Dunks is doing....
Danger, yeah wait for him to drop in price.

Yeah my fwd line is trash. I also was one of the idiots on the jumping off danger train. I am also apart of the moronic 2% that thought Darling would replicate his early season form and I just haven't been able to get rid of him and now I can't justify dropping him with how little he is worth. I'm writing my season off as a result but just want to learn for next season as I'm still pretty new to it. Biggest thing I've learnt is to not pick key forwards under any circumstance lmao.

Who do you have in your forward line if you don’t face any of Danger, Kelly or Boak?

I thought I’d have a very brief look at the upcoming fixtures and see how this effects our trades. I’ve done this little table for MIDS. Intresting I thought. I was considering Rockliff this week, but my attention has turned to Ross/Neale. Looks like the pleasure of owning Macrae continues long into the season with his tough draw.

View attachment 673697

I told people not to start Macrae. You cant expect any player to back up a performance like last years. Thats basically like expecting them to be Titch. Always bet against that happening. Best case scenario of getting Macrae was he holds at his level and you break even on value. Worst case is this. I was encouraging starting Grundy (as your C) instead of him. Sorry, not trying to piss on your parade, just saying :p

im so stuck on what to do this week. Need to move on Ross and Scrimshaw. Also would like to upgrade Walsh and B.Smith.

Hold Scrimshaw, he just had a migraine. Those just pop up here and there (i used to get them and i cant even begin to tell you how horrible they can be). Trade Ross and one of your bigger 2

No Danger, Kelly, Boak it Dunkley? What’s your forward line look like?

decided to trade either Walsh or brodie Smith...but cant decide - help

1. walsh
-higher ceiling / higher avg
-higher BE. will lose cash
-rnd 14 bye
-next 5: GWS (Away), saints, bommers, bris, dogs

2. Smith
-maxed in price and BE
-lower points ceiling
-rnd 14 bye
-next 5: bris (away), WCE (home), melb, GWS, tigers

leaning removing smith just for the lower points / avg

Are those trading Walsh have any other maxed out rookies left on their squad or is he now the last man out? I'm not too concerned if he hovers around 520k up until the byes. Trying to hold up until his bye in round 14.
I’ll try and hold. Need to get rid of Parker and Ross (this round), Drew, Duursma, Setterfield and Petruccelle first. Plenty more to worry about than Walsh.

I have a feeling people are getting suckered in to being able to upgrade him to a premo with little additional funds required.

I could have done Walsh to Treloar for instance but have chosen to do Parker to Dunkley

I’ll try and hold. Need to get rid of Parker and Ross (this round), Drew, Duursma, Setterfield and Petruccelle first. Plenty more to worry about than Walsh.

I have a feeling people are getting suckered in to being able to upgrade him to a premo with little additional funds required.

I could have done Walsh to Treloar for instance but have chosen to do Parker to Dunkley

Yeah everyone's situation is different I guess however I tend to agree with you. I'd rather be in the position of upgrading a guy in round 14 (when cash generation will be tough) that is valued at 520-550k in Walsh as opposed to upgrading a guy that's 350-400k. While it seems convenient trading Walsh now, I'd rather hold him for the Great Depression in later rounds.

Are those trading Walsh have any other maxed out rookies left on their squad or is he now the last man out? I'm not too concerned if he hovers around 520k up until the byes. Trying to hold up until his bye in round 14.

In my case, im choosing to trade a Walsh/smith/worpel because im chasing points and getting in Tim Kelly (finally) + Dunkley (in for daniel).

i need to get rid of Wilkie + Parker but not confident on any new rookies.
Wilkie + parker have good job security and basically maxed. they wont drop too much cash but may fill a hole come Bye time. Also they're on my bench and any replacement wont be better than my on field rookies

Ive already got hayes, answorth, corbet, young, stack, hore, drew, duurs, setters
Ive missed the boat on Miers, baker, lockhart, ross
im not sold on Ham, keilty, taylor, rowbottom - either poor job security or poor scoring
moore, lewis, larkey, hately, stocker are at an awkward price and wont improve my on field performance

Remove this Banner Ad

Back