Preview Round 9, 2019: Richmond v Hawthorn, 19 May 2019, 3.20pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys I reliase I need to apologise for my actions on here the last few days

I'm really sorry I offended people with my comments that was never my intention and I'm truly remorseful for them I'm not looking for sympathy as that is not warranted in here to humbly apologise for my actions

And to anyone I upset and offended I'm greatly remorseful and if you feel there should be consequences for my actions financial or otherwise I truly honour and respect that

Once again I'm truly sorry and will close all my online accounts and seek professional help I just get to passionate about what I believe

Thanks so much for your time and I wish you all nothing but the best in the coming years
LOL

CJ started the year really well and then went off the boil for a couple of weeks where we played a couple of the more mature VFL teams. Coincidence? maybe in any case an exciting prospect and against the bulldogs who are quite young he was back to his best. Hopefully some consistency going forward will get him a gig pretty soon

Interesting problems. Ceglar was,desperate, and should be rewarded with another.

Loving the rebirth of TOB, but not needed his week. Replace with Jiath! Seriously speedy defender who attacks the ball; will almost certainly cost us a couple by being over aggressive, but can revolutionise our transition, which now consists 3 class runners.

IN: Wingard, Smith

OUT: Moore, Morrison

B: Stratton, Frawley, Hardwick

HB: Scrimshaw, O'Brien, Sicily

C: Henderson, Shiels, Smith

HF: Impey, Gunston, Wingard

F: Breust, Lewis, Puopolo

R: McEvoy, O'Meara, Worpel

INT: Cousins, Scully, Ceglar, Burgoyne

Out Morrison? I thought that he played a really good game. I would prefer Smith for Moore; that's it for this week.

After a couple of lunchtime beers and better thought I'm starting to think maybe we go into this game with the one ruck (McEvoy). That's nothing against Ceglar but more to do with team balance. McEvoy will destroy anyone they throw in the ruck and to counter there smalls I really want to see how Moore goes stringing a couple of games together. Having the extra small out lets us go head to head with them without getting run off the park with speed / pressure being their strength. With Nankervis, Rance, Riewoldt, Cotchin, Short out and Vlastuin, Rioli coming off injuries I would back ourselves in to take this game and would hope we don't get caught out being too top heavy.

In: Smith Wingard
Out: Ceglar Morrison

B: Hardwiick Frawley Scrimshaw
HB: Stratton Sicily O'Brien
C: Scully O'Meara Henderson
HF: Impey Gunston Wingard
F: Breust Lewis Puopolo
R: McEvoy Worpel Shiels
INT: Moore Burgoyne Smith Cousins

If you drop Ceglar after that effort then geez I reckon very harsh as thought he was immense especially in the last quarter.

If you drop Ceglar after that effort then geez I reckon very harsh as thought he was immense especially in the last quarter.

The problem is he's played 20 quarters this year, and only kicked goals in one of them. If he was our primary ruckman only, then that might be forgivable, but he's a second ruck that spends a fair bit of time resting forward. With that in mind, I can see how people might think he was vulnerable even after he helped us seal the game in the last quarter.

Irrespective of his goal kicking this year, it also horses for courses. Richmond will only play one mediocre ruckman , going in with two is probably overkill unless we think Ceglar can help us stretch their defence with some height, which might be enough to keep him in.

First game I saw CJ play on Sunday but jeez he was impressive! Feel like he might've been an IN if we lost on the weekend. I hope he gets his chance soon but how does he really fit into that backline?
Mate he is our most exciting prospect since Cyril. He will be a freak. His closing speed and long arms are gonna be a handful. Glad were being patient with him though. I wouldn't mind holding him back until next year and taking someone else in mid season draft. He has developed so much in one season at Box Hill, scary at what he could be.

hahah as if youre taking any of it seriously....

we are having a laugh because of how comical our injury list is

with our outs you should really be winning this comfortably

It's hard to threepeat isn't it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

extremely, especially without expansion clubs starting up at the same time
How does that make a difference?

I'd love to hear this, because I've heard every single non-sensical bull5hit argument for this and I get a decent giggle every time, so enlighten me again, the candle has gone out and all I see is smoke. Love to hear from you. All the stand up comedy festivals have finished.

extremely, especially without expansion clubs starting up at the same time
How does that make a difference?

I'd love to hear this, because I've heard every single non-sensical bull5hit argument for this and I get a decent giggle every time, so enlighten me again, the candle has gone out and all I see is smoke. Love to hear from you. All the stand up comedy festivals have finished.
you can discuss this in one of the many threads on the main board or via PM if you like

Just checked the fixture. Our next home game in Melbourne is 7 weeks away.

And only 2 more MCG home games remaining for the year.....we're in frickin' round 8!!! :oops:

Yet people say we're being ridiculous when we talk about how trash our fixture is....

Just checked the fixture. Our next home game in Melbourne is 7 weeks away.

Where is the "crap" emoji when it is needed?
The closest I could find was this cookie :cookie: but you get the idea.

I watched the whole Freo v Richmond game after ours, they were impressive! fleet footed! quick ball movement thru the middle,
similar to g.w.s. we will have to block the middle. I'm thinking we need extra speed, smith in for a unlucky player barring injury.

ps - what is everyone thoughts on roughead? Do we really need 2 rucks against a team with no rucks?
Its very hard for him to come back in when Lewis and Cegs both stood up in the 2nd half,
you can't play them all i personally think he misses again he leadership would be handy against the tigs.

Where is the "crap" emoji when it is needed?
The closest I could find was this cookie :cookie: but you get the idea.
In the default smiles view when you click on the emoji button, the cookie is all the way over under Emoji Food.....

1.PNG

I watched the whole Freo v Richmond game after ours, they were impressive! fleet footed! quick ball movement thru the middle,
similar to g.w.s. we will have to block the middle. I'm thinking we need extra speed, smith in for a unlucky player barring injury.

ps - what is everyone thoughts on roughead? Do we really need 2 rucks against a team with no rucks?
Its very hard for him to come back in when Lewis and Cegs both stood up in the 2nd half,
you can't play them all i personally think he misses again he leadership would be handy against the tigs.

I watched it too and I think its worth considering only going with 1 ruck (McEvoy). Cegs played well and would be stiff to miss but with how fierce and fleet footed they are then I'd bring in Smith / Wingard for Ceglar / Morrison. Lewis can give Big Boy a spell in the ruck who I thought rucked pretty well against Carlton. Pretty sure he was only rucking in the forward line that game but he was pretty good by memory.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back