Racing May Daily Punt- Running of the ‘Bools

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm running at a profit this year on the punt however I think I'm costing myself taking silly multi's and quinellas etc. Do most of you approach each card of racing with a similar strategy or does it completely depend on the day? The key to being a good punter is discipline which I am slowly working out.

well theres no set way, but if your only just starting to get consistent profits i'd stick to wins. Places are ok but a little bit more math involved there was a good article i think either by O'Sullivan or on the hub about place market which really deters you from betting there. The more exotic the more complex the math and disappointingly the more takeout.

below is UBET takeouts. given you can't best tote these represent exotics expected loss

Win 15% Place 14.75% Quinella 17.5% Trifecta 21.5% Any2 14.5% Exacta 20% First 4 23% Extra Double 20% Daily Double 20% Treble 25% Quaddie 20.5%

Best Tote, which given you can still get on is around 8%. almost double the value of the next best.

win bets take up 97.5% of my bets and trending upwards. it's a good way to start and i think after a while you'd stay that way with maybe the odd exotic when odds a bit more stacked in your favour.

ultimately if you are winning more on quinella's then win betting it would be silly to start doing win bets, so why not vice versa.

Multis of course are 100% no go.

Booker and Spright topping the weights in an open age G1

giphy.gif

Booker has raced at Group 3 level or higher her entire career.

She has raced in 2 Oakleigh Plates (including winning 2019)

OTOH how did Spright get beat in a Wellington Boot

Hugh Bowman been inducted into Hall of Fame. Wouldn’t it be better for Trainers & Jockeys to be inducted when they retire?

Just watched So You Think’s 2010 Cox plate win again, What goes a bit unheralded is Zipping’s run to finish second. Absolutely enormous. Looked under pressure before the turn as though he was going to tail off last, but found again to run SYT within a length and a half and was closing late. 100 metres past the post he’s in front.

Was gonna go Saturday, re thinking that now. The worst Goodwood Hcp field i've ever seen.

SA Government has killed racing here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just watched So You Think’s 2010 Cox plate win again, What goes a bit unheralded is Zipping’s run to finish second. Absolutely enormous. Looked under pressure before the turn as though he was going to tail off last, but found again to run SYT within a length and a half and was closing late. 100 metres past the post he’s in front.

It's an ok run but SYT was ridden purely to make sure MJ didn't get a soft run on pace.

Ridden more optimally SYT wins as easy as he did in most other races in Australia. It was one of his least impressive local wins.

I don't know whether to take 2 or 12 in the quaddie. If the obvious (Booker or Spright) don't win, I can happily entertain:

Steel Frost
Valour Road
Cool Passion
Malibu Style
Iconoclasm
I Am Someone
Inn Keeper
Jamaican Rain
Gytrash
Behemoth

Can’t blame the government for a $750k race not having a high quality field

you can when the government strips the racing industry of vital prize money.

pretty sure the prize money for the goody was $1mil last year. It's $750,000 this year. It's bound to have an effect on the field.

pretty sure the prize money for the goody was $1mil last year. It's $750,000 this year. It's bound to have an effect on the field.

I doubt it.

Yes the SA government is screwing over SA racing but they can't be blamed for this dogshit field turning up when they do put on a race with decent prizemoney (the marginal horse not turning up due to the 250k going missing would be close to zero)

I doubt it.

Yes the SA government is screwing over SA racing but they can't be blamed for this dogshit field turning up when they do put on a race with decent prizemoney (the marginal horse not turning up due to the 250k going missing would be close to zero)

going to have to agree to disagree with you on this one. yeah, sa racing could do always do more (eg dangle a bonus for trainers who can train the Sangster/Goody double, timing of the carnival etc..etc..), but the government here needs to help as well by stop screwing the industry over,

anyway noticed Instigator was nominated in the Queens Cup and Flemington on Saturday.
pretty keen to have a crack at it 2500 looks ideal for it in the queens cup and is ready to peak, Really liked it's run in the Warnambool Cup.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back