The Title Race

Who do you want to win the league/who do you think will win the league?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not counting my chickens. Obviously pretty fantastic feeling to be going out bro the last match with our destiny in our own hands.

That looked a long way away back in January after we lost to Newcastle and Liverpool had a chance to go 10 points ahead (I think) with a win at home against Leicester.

We've had to be perfect to be in this position though. Credit to us, and credit to Liverpool. No way have they choked/bottled it.

Still one day to go and as far as I'm concerned anything can happen. We'll be pretty strong favourites but you don't get points for favouritism.

I'm not counting my chickens. Obviously pretty fantastic feeling to be going out bro the last match with our destiny in our own hands.

That looked a long way away back in January after we lost to Newcastle and Liverpool had a chance to go 10 points ahead (I think) with a win at home against Leicester.

We've had to be perfect to be in this position though. Credit to us, and credit to Liverpool. No way have they choked/bottled it.

Still one day to go and as far as I'm concerned anything can happen. We'll be pretty strong favourites but you don't get points for favouritism.

The only chance Liverpool had to go 10 points ahead was vs City at the Etihad.

If City win as expected, I struggle to see Liverpool backing up this season:

- 97 points*
- One loss
- Best defence
- 9 game winning streak to finish*
- 10 point lead
- Blessed injury run
- Fortunate refereeing decisions.

It feels like Liverpool have given absolutely everything this year and they are still likely to fall short.

This 10 point lead thing that keeps getting brought up never happened. The most we were ever clear was 7 points and that margin was for one week before we played City away where they won 2-1 And cut the gap to four points.
If it was a 10 point gap that means we are winning by 2 points right now.

Fantastic season overall, credit where it’s due for both challengers.

Crazy unbeaten runs for so long, but just a quiet flashback to the last EPL game where Liverpool dropped points :greenalien:

6AD21F88-8F04-4247-8BD5-D5E7D673F95C_zpshefumpqs.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is somewhat depressing. I’ve seen suburban footy clubs celebrate winning flags more enthusiastically.

probably more people and more of an atmosphere at those suburban football clubs tbf

In fairness this is what winning regularly does. Creates a certain apathy it seems. Had Liverpool won it the party would still be going

In fairness this is what winning regularly does. Creates a certain apathy it seems. Had Liverpool won it the party would still be going
Whoever wins the CL, I'm sure either Liverpool or Tottenham supporters will be drinking it in for a long time to come.

We still bang on about Istanbul from 14 years ago.

Back