Society/Culture Teacher Stood Down For Restraining Boy In School Brawl

Remove this Banner Ad

Goosecat

Club Legend
Sep 9, 2006
Mandurah
AFL Club
West Coast
What are peoples opinions regarding this example of our society/culture?
How do people feel about a group of teens brawling at school, telling a teacher stuck with trying to break it up to F*** Off and the response from that child's obviously doting mother?
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-05...r-stood-down-after-school-yard-brawl/11111450
I have stuck strictly to posing questions and seeking opinions of others as Malifice and I guess by extension Chief nowadays apparently, have directed.

Well everyone knows when you see violence you should just let it go. Certainly that seems to be the new norm whether it be children or women being belted. Just walk past it.
Correct
None of your business

OT but male teachers????
I recently went to a parent/teacher night at my youngests school,had appointments with 5 of his teachers.All female

Correct
None of your business

OT but male teachers????
I recently went to a parent/teacher night at my youngests school,had appointments with 5 of his teachers.All female
Well child education and rearing has become infected with a level of anti-male dogma nowadays, so it's not hard to understand men walking away really is it.
^^Obviously our teens are all doing much better psychologically, behaviourally and academically for it!^^:(

Last edited:
Need to see the whole video and what preceded the 15 sec snippet..but based on the limited footage the teacher used more force than necessary to subdue the kid esp considering the size and weight difference. The kid didn’t look like much of a threat esp the easy way he was taken to ground.
Don’t think the forearm was required either when he was down in the ground.

The kid might be a turd and needs a pile of discipline / proper parenting and I don’t know what he did to any other kids or if had a weapon etc but the teacher has over stepped the boundary from intervention/ prevention to getting too aggressive and involved himself. In my view he could have restrained him without taking him ground and using the force he did.

But again the whole footage would help form the best view.

Need to see the whole video and what preceded the 15 sec snippet..but based on the limited footage the teacher used more force than necessary to subdue the kid esp considering the size and weight difference. The kid didn’t look like much of a threat esp the easy way he was taken to ground.
Don’t think the forearm was required either when he was down in the ground.

The kid might be a turd and needs a pile of discipline / proper parenting and I don’t know what he did to any other kids or if had a weapon etc but the teacher has over stepped the boundary from intervention/ prevention to getting too aggressive and involved himself. In my view he could have restrained him without taking him ground and using the force he did.

But again the whole footage would help form the best view.
Oh there's probably not a lot of doubt regarding it being too much by today's definition.
Certainly we know putting a loud-mouthed, disrespectful, trouble maker down in front of his tough 14 year old mates and embarrassing the little tough s**t is undesirable. Teaching kids about unknown, unexperienced and unforeseen consequences of their belligerent, moron behaviour for future reference never helped them or changed behaviours in any way.
Of course now the teacher has go into trouble the F***wit will be bragging about it and carry the behaviour on into adult-hood no doubt for society to benefit from.
Ah well , in a few years time he gets to vote and the community can all benefit further from his unchallenged juvenile delinquency.

Last edited:
Can you pay teachers nurses policemen firefighters etc enough? The backbones of society, particularly these days as social violence escalates.

Probably a normal and necessary male behaviour by the deputy and a parental expectation.

The sad future outcome of these events will be hiring a security team in schools where poor social behaviour and violence cannot be contained. Credit to the teacher for at least getting involved to curtail the situation as the legal system is piss weak in protecting them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The sad future outcome of these events will be hiring a security team in schools where poor social behaviour and violence cannot be contained.
What will these security teams be able to do?
As we see here as soon as you touch a minor you are gone

The kids know this and will take advantage of it

I picked up my 2 grandchildren from school yesterday which is next to a busy road of an inner Brisbane suburb. This kid who would have been around 8 years old was trying to run away from after school care and was out on the footpath, he was kicking and screaming at 2 of the staff, 1 male and 1 female and the male had to restrain him when he attempted to run across the busy road. He let him go and the female staffer bent over to talk to him and she copped a pretty solid punch fair on the nose/mouth, it shook her up quite a bit.

Teachers and staff must be fully supported when they have a legitimate reason to restrain students.

As the fearless 14 year old example of youthful spirit, undoubtedly supported by his doting, enlightened mother would say; F*** Off.
That is a normal greeting at the Bunbury centrelink.

The teacher must not be a local.

This thread should be in the hypocrisy of the right thread. One moment they're advocating boys be boys, stop making them girls.. next they want a teacher to break it up?

No it's not a boys only club buddy. When you have no fear of any real consequences and are brought up to believe you are completely entitled to anything and everything you want, then gender becomes irrelevant. All our teens are struggling, boys, girls and nowadays, anything in between.

No it's not a boys only club buddy. When you have no fear of any real consequences and are brought up to believe you are completely entitled to anything and everything you want, then gender becomes irrelevant. All our teens are struggling, boys, girls and nowadays, anything in between.

My point was you are hopping around all over the place with hypocrisy... Just so you can be outraged at something

Don't you throw a bucket of cold water over the fighting children?
Well if you happen to have a tap and bucket nearby, otherwise perhaps getting creative could work. I've seen a fight stop when a guy started pissing on the combatants once! Not sure that would be deemed appropriate here though!
I'm pretty sure a bucket and water would still get a male teacher in trouble nowadays.

Last edited:
Oh there's probably not a lot of doubt regarding it being too much by today's definition.
Certainly we know putting a loud-mouthed, disrespectful, trouble maker down in front of his tough 14 year old mates and embarrassing the little tough **** is undesirable. Teaching kids about unknown, unexperienced and unforeseen consequences of their belligerent, moron behaviour for future reference never helped them or changed behaviours in any way.
Of course now the teacher has go into trouble the F***wit will be bragging about it and carry the behaviour on into adult-hood no doubt for society to benefit from.
Ah well , in a few years time he gets to vote and the community can all benefit further from his unchallenged juvenile delinquency.

Im not advocating for juvenile delinquency to ever go unchallenged. For mine it starts at home with uneducated soft or absent parenting that sets no boundary and consequence.

I simply think the teacher over stepped his own boundary and got caught up in the same over aggressive emotion the kid was. And the key word here is restrain. That looked to go beyond that which simply reinforces the message that when things don’t go your way to lash out physically and let aggressive emotions take over.
Had the kid been bigger and more threatening and depending on what he had done just previously then there might be a case to use that force but the kid looked 40kg wringing wet. Most able adults could hold him off with one arm which this guy clearly could have done.
You always use the minimal force required to contain a situation.

I don’t think that happened here.

And again we are all making big assumptions without seeing the whole footage.

But do agree with others that teachers, nurses, social, police, ambos, fireys etc all don’t get paid enough due to much worse instances than this.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back