Player Watch Jamie Elliott

Remove this Banner Ad

This annoys me a little bit. They go around saying "tightness and a week" so we stay calm, but now we're getting told it could be 3-4.

I'm more alarmed that it's gone from one week precautionary to now 3-4 and likely after the bye than what I would've been if they just said 4 weeks from the word go.
Walshy loves bulltish like a fat kid loves cake.

This annoys me a little bit. They go around saying "tightness and a week" so we stay calm, but now we're getting told it could be 3-4.
Bucks said Billy was concerned about everyone over-reacting to the news, (despite it being in a different area/unrelated).
His advice was to be honest and deal with it.
Perhaps that explains it.

Wrong. The best approach is to rehab an injury properly, something that appears to be beyond the CFC medical staff.
You should write them a letter. Let them know.
No need. I'm pretty sure they'll have read it on here already. They watch these threads closely for advice. Apparently they've PMed Big Charlie to find out what rehab to do with Elliott.

Here's how it went down:

Walsh: Hey Big Charlie, what should we do with Elliott?
BC: Just rehab him ya dickhead
Walsh: But you know nothing about his condition and haven't assessed his injury?
BC: Just rehab him ya dickhead
Walsh: Thanks Big Charlie. You're a champ. We'll pull him out for 4 weeks and rehab him.

I'm more alarmed that it's gone from one week precautionary to now 3-4 and likely after the bye than what I would've been if they just said 4 weeks from the word go.

Wouldn't surprise me if they left Walsh out of the loop too, it certainly seems like it when he is doing the injury updates anyway...

'yeah, ahh, err, ahh we should er, ah , see Jamie Elliott back in err ****ed if I know ahh'

Wouldn't surprise me if they left Walsh out of the loop too, it certainly seems like it when he is doing the injury updates anyway...

'yeah, ahh, err, ahh we should er, ah , see Jamie Elliott back in err ****** if I know ahh'

No chance they would have left him out of the loop surely. They -- probably to protect Elliot, as Bucks said on Sen -- made a decision to downplay it but then clearly thought, meh, wtf....

Its not that outlandish to say his career is on the line, considering his history.

Such a shame.

Actually, I applaud the fact that Bux just came out and said it straight, also happy for them to be conservative with it, give him a month off, give him 6 weeks off if necessary FFS! Just have him fit and primed for September.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Actually, I applaud the fact that Bux just came out and said it straight, also happy for them to be conservative with it, give him a month off, give him 6 weeks off if necessary FFS! Just have him fit and primed for September.

We've got 4 games and then the bye before playing the Bulldogs at Marvel and then North at Marvel the week after that.

I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't see him until Round 16 against the Hawks...

1 game before the bye would be ideal. The second week back is often an issue.

That'd be ideal, back QB followed by an extended break.

Not sure why you have quite the attitude. The club are clearly hopeless at rehabilitating soft tissue injuries, especially chronic conditions, and I would have thought the suggestion to rehab an injury properly - something clearly beyond them - was both appropriate and sage advice.

What would be your advice to them re;hamstring rehabilitation - Askling, Aspetar, Mendiguchia, Opar/Hickey, or something else?
I have missed you. Pies' medicos must be doing something ok when a bloke with a BF account set up solely to criticise them has had to wait until after Rd 8 to make his first appearance for the year.

You clearly aren't a Pies supporter. Maybe try the Tigers board and have a go at them over Cotchin's hammy?

No need for a break with correct rehabilitation. Unsure why this is such a difficult concept to grasp, even for the medically illiterate like you.
I'm picturing you in a lycra suit wearing a cape. With the initials BC on your chest above an image of a stethoscope. Do you picture yourself similarly?

come on folks, anyone so obnoxious....

I did. But then I received another one back asking what "fascicle" was, so I'm thinking a workshop might be needed, along with a medical encyclopedia.

Perhaps they would have listened if you hadn't have started the letter you wrote to them with: "Hey morons, You guys have no idea. Just to show how much smarter I am, here's some medical terms I know: fascicle, etc.."

What would be your advice to them re;hamstring rehabilitation - Askling, Aspetar, Mendiguchia, Opar/Hickey, or something else?

Anyone who would ask a question like that to someone with very little knowledge about the individual case study, really has no idea. Anyone who claims they know the answers to Elliott's situation without having studied his case closely, really should be a mystic medicine man, with no need of the vocabulary that you are so proud of. Study the individual case. Then once you have a decent understanding of the individual case, consider a treatment course, consider footwear, lifestyle and posture issues and then consider a series of activities to strengthen and rehabilitate the area and any other areas that may be contributing. Anyone who thinks they can diagnose and prescribe a course of rehabilitation without knowledge of the patient's particular case is a fool.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back