• Yes

Votes: 8 8.2%
  • Hell yeah!

Votes: 70 72.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Such negative thinking. How would we know what effect he would have?

Dixon is cooked as is Watts, you don’t come back from those leg breaks zippier.

Also, Frampton has better hands than Dixon, perhaps he doesn’t need to be more agile.

Frampton moves pretty well. Better then most blokes his size.

Frampton should get a game but I think their are a fair few supporters setting themselves up for disappointment. Big chance it ends up being a bust.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yeah but the debate on here is not really about Frampton is it.

It's more about the frustration of not seeing a Port side consistently playing with something that resembles a proper forward line with KPFs for many many years, and we know how well that has been turning out.

Frampton just happens to be the current in form KPF in our reserves. Does he deserve a decent chance? As in more than one or two games in a row?
Many on here think that it is time to see what happens if we do go back to something more traditional with 2 proper KPFs as neither Ryder nor Westhoff are real KPFs, and if that means Frampton so be it.

It may not happen this week but if by the half way stage we do not look like a premiership threat then we should do it for the ready of the year, as we do exist to win premierships and not to make up numbers in finals or finish honorably somewhere just above the bottom 4.

Frampton should get a game but I think their are a fair few supporters setting themselves up for disappointment. Big chance it ends up being a bust.

Yea well he needs experience at the level like any other young tall.. it's better to know earlier in the season if he can offer something than waiting until the year is cooked.

Pity Tredrea isn't down there working with guys like Marshall & Billy.

Also, Frampton has better hands than Dixon, perhaps he doesn’t need to be more agile.
Woah

I don't care what you think you may see, one has done it on AFL level, another hasn't.

Any big bloke can look far better in a local league.

Not sure if anyone mentioned it but Tredrea on Stupid and Elbows show last night was a big advocate for Frampton playing this week. Reason: Structure.

Structure? Was he really talking about Port?

Woah

I don't care what you think you may see, one has done it on AFL level, another hasn't.

Any big bloke can look far better in a local league.

Frampton took 4 contested marks at AFL level the one time he was allowed out of the basement.

He'll have a down game in the SANFL and completely fall off the selection radar for a few weeks.. lock it in.

He'll have a down game in the SANFL and completely fall off the selection radar for a few weeks.. lock it in.
If that's the case - then it's on him. If we're after a guy who can be the focal point up forward at AFL level, he'll need to be someone who can consistently dominate SANFL. It doesn't necessarily mean he has to kick a bag, as long as he keeps making it to contests and taking some grabs.

If that's the case - then it's on him. If we're after a guy who can be the focal point up forward at AFL level, he'll need to be someone who can consistently dominate SANFL. It doesn't necessarily mean he has to kick a bag, as long as he keeps making it to contests and taking some grabs.
Mate it's not the greatest comp for key forwards and we have a history of picking players like AJ who have been average to poor in the SANFL.. wouldn't surprise me if they pick Frampton off a low impact game at some point because that's how we roll.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You mean like Marshall?

I dont wanna be a football club that dies wondering.

No-one is expecting he come in and be challenging for the Coleman, the expectations aren't ridiculous. If we structure up and he gives us a strong target to kick to so that defenders aren't having an intercept marking picnic every week, it'll be a win.

The umming and ahhing over picking one player is the most ridiculous thing.

Oh please, we're gifting games to players that can't even stay in shape. Let's at least have the same standards for everyone regardless of their height.

Not sure if anyone mentioned it but Tredrea on Stupid and Elbows show last night was a big advocate for Frampton playing this week. Reason: Structure.
+
Tredders remembers when he had to beg Williams to get White playing to help stop getting so many defenders hanging off him. This s**t is not new at Port. The great man could have been a 100 goal CHF in a season potentially with more tall forward support. I've been on HugePigskin since 2002 and except for the short lived Quadrangle of Doom under Primus of resting rucks and woefully sub-standard players, we've never played a 3 tall forward structure for any length of time. A major contributor to my hair having gone gray over the interval I'm sure of.

At the risk of getting laughed at....

I reckon Butcher was better than Frampton and Marshall. Butchers best will easily beat any other bar Tredreas as far as our drafted fwds go imo.

I can see both being busts unfortunately.

If our key forwards were so good they'd be picked and playing. We wouldnt rely on recruiting ready made fwds or shifting others into that role. Take out Tredrea and we've never had a single one we picked who is genuine quality.

+
Tredders remembers when he had to beg Williams to get White playing to help stop getting so many defenders hanging off him. This **** is not new at Port. The great man could have been a 100 goal CHF in a season potentially with more tall forward support. I've been on HugePigskin since 2002 and except for the short lived Quadrangle of Doom under Primus of resting rucks and woefully sub-standard players, we've never played a 3 tall forward structure for any length of time. A major contributor to my hair having gone gray over the interval I'm sure of.

Not having a go . This is a genuine question. Have we any history of a team winning a flag in recent years with a 3 tall fwd structure? I know WC last year were tall but who else

Frampton took 4 contested marks at AFL level the one time he was allowed out of the basement
Round 23 vs Essendon.

A dead rubber by all definition.

That counts as much as an internal trial in my eyes.

At the risk of getting laughed at....

I reckon Butcher was better than Frampton and Marshall. Butchers best will easily beat any other bar Tredreas as far as our drafted fwds go imo.

I can see both being busts unfortunately.

If our key forwards were so good they'd be picked and playing. We wouldnt rely on recruiting ready made fwds or shifting others into that role. Take out Tredrea and we've never had a single one we picked who is genuine quality.

Butcher was at least played. I remember being at Adelaide Oval against Melbourne before they re-developed, it was like seeing the Jesus storming out of the forward 50. Crowd loved it.

I think Frampton adds a bit of go to the footy to see him about him too - which can only be a good thing right, seeing the same thing repeated each week is pretty expected these days, with similar outcomes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back