Review Pies win a thriller (Blues 87-106 Pies)

Remove this Banner Ad

It should have been a lot less stressful for me and a little more soul destroying for Carlton people.

I expected the four points.
I’m not sure how you could get much more soul destroying than the way they were beaten. To have a 10 point lead in a tight, relatively low scoring game with 10 minutes left in the clock, only to see the opposition go ‘LOL JUST KIDDING’ and bang through 5 goals with relative ease and win by a comfortable 19 points would be all kinds of gut wrenching!

I watched the replay and we got a few dubious calls towards the end. I’ve seen them not paid against us as well so it’s good to get a few go our way but I would be pissed if the other team got away with that. One example was just before degoey’s soccer goal Reid chops the arms of the blues player.

I’m not sure how you could get much more soul destroying than the way they were beaten. To have a 10 point lead in a tight, relatively low scoring game with 10 minutes left in the clock, only to see the opposition go ‘LOL JUST KIDDING’ and bang through 5 goals with relative ease and win by a comfortable 19 points would be all kinds of gut wrenching!
hardly - on another note wanted to say how impressed I was with your adam treloar on 360 last night - how generous he was with his commemts regarding cripps and our performance generally on the day - he sounds like a ripping bloke which has changed my perception of him as just another figjam - well done

Coaches votes

CARLTON v COLLINGWOOD
10 Patrick Cripps (CARL)
7 Brodie Grundy (COLL)
5 Tom Phillips (COLL)
4 Steele Sidebottom (COLL)
2 Jordan De Goey (COLL)
2 Callum Brown (COLL)
1 Caleb Marchbank (CARL)

I would have thought Pendlebury would have had a vote.
You could ring bucks and bolts? Surely as a mod, you would have some say? :think:

Your wife left you on your birthday? **** that’s cold man...

He might have been secretly very pleased.

We don’t really know from SDF he might have been quietly delighted, softening the blow of the Carlton business.

Yeah she was an odd one. Eventually hated all my hobbies, Collingwood was her pet hate. I didn't watch them for three years? 2014-2017.

She was into voodoo stuff, and claimed she put a curse on them. Crazier than one of Gimpy's tinder dates.

She might have liked them, being an American, had she known Coxy was around. Seppos are weird creatures.

P.S. Saintly Viewed she hated ponies. Who the hell hates ponies?!!!

Last edited:
hardly - on another note wanted to say how impressed I was with your adam treloar on 360 last night - how generous he was with his commemts regarding cripps and our performance generally on the day - he sounds like a ripping bloke which has changed my perception of him as just another figjam - well done

I've always thought of Treloar as a nice guy - really positive. But I don't think him talking positively about Cripps says that much. If you're not a Cripps fan, your'e not a footy fan. He's an absolute pleasure to watch. One of the few players who transcends club alliances - I reckon our big ruckman is another. Watching those two physically impose themselves on the game over and over again on Saturday was an absolute privilege. When Cripps kicked that last quarter goal, I thought we were in big trouble and my first thought was - bloody hell, but if we are going to lose at least it's Cripps taking us down.

Yeah she was an odd one. Eventually hated all my hobbies, Collingwood was her pet hate. I didn't watch them for three years? 2014-2017.

She was into voodoo stuff, and claimed she put a curse on them. Crazier than one of Gimpy's tinder dates.

She might have liked them, being an American, had she known Coxy was around. Seppos are weird creatures.

You had to ask didn't you!

Maybe she was one of Gimpys tinder dates?

Voodoo always reminds me of James Bond and Live And Let Die.
And how wonderful was Jane Seymour.

You wouldn't happen to have her number still?
Well, if you are into Crazy Horse, it goes well with Bad Horse, I suppose ;)

Maybe she was one of Gimpys tinder dates?

Voodoo always reminds me of James Bond and Live And Let Die.
And how wonderful was Jane Seymour.

Gimpy does strike me as a bit of a pimp. Who is your favourite Bond? For me, it was SSHHHAAAWWWNNN COOORRRNAAAIIRRRYY

Well, if you are into Crazy Horse, it goes well with Bad Horse, I suppose ;)

My general practice with selecting partners has generally been to go for crazy people who hate me a lot, so merely crazy is probably a step up.

I am currently evaluating a few guys as potential, but I am now deploying what I call "plan Cottees" as a selection criteria. Rich and thick.

Gimpy does strike me as a bit of a pimp. Who is your favourite Bond? For me, it was SSHHHAAAWWWNNN COOORRRNAAAIIRRRYY
It’s never a question of the best Bond, only a question of the second best Nond.

Sean Connery is James Bond.

The original, the best, the prototype.
Cool, handsome, athletic, strong, suave, in control, powerful, never vulnerable. Perfect as Bond.

It’s never a question of the best Bond, only a question of the second best Nond.

Sean Connery is James Bond.

The original, the best, the prototype.
Cool, handsome, athletic, strong, suave, in control, powerful, never vulnerable. Perfect as Bond.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bad Horse

The way he treated the young kid with terminal cancer a week beforehand was a far greater indication of his character than him complimenting Cripps....

didn't see it - it was more than his comments re cripps - he was humble, polite, funny, self-deprecating - full package of a great sport and great clubman
So... pretty much the way he’s always been. Have you not seen him speak in the past?

I was being facetious as making assumptions on one's attitude without attempting to get to know them is obviously a dumb thing to do. :)

Stopped you from watching the Pies from 2014-17? She might not be all bad.
Relationships can be so complicated.

Doesn't seem she was much chop mate but if she stopped you watching the Pies between 2014-2017, that at least is something you got out of the relationship!!

Watched it again. That last quarter was as dominant I’ve seen from anyone. Carlton’s 3 goals were completely against the tide (and yes two were brilliant pieces of play) but for 90% of the quarter the ball lived up our end.

It was a smashing!

Wasn't in our top three games this year. Don't flatter yourself. We will go past you very soon. I hope you don't **** the bed again this year. Your time is disappearing.
Such a great post, and unlike a fine wine it really only took a week to mature, yet it keeps getting better... almost as if it is layered in its complexity. 10/10.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back