Status
Not open for further replies.

jesterwester

Premiership Player
May 1, 2007
Australind
AFL Club
West Coast
Rampe gets a fine for basically making the AFL look like fools. Which is ironic, given the AFL really have done that themselves by their horrific handling of the whole situation.

As for the other fine for his umpire comment; it was a very very poor choice of words that Rampe used, but the fine seemed excessive. Especially for something said in the heat of the moment with adrenaline pumping.

I don’t condone what he said, really didn’t like it at the time, but if anyone can honestly say they haven’t said something stupid in the heat of the moment- by all means cast the first stone.

A smaller fine, an apology and education I think would have been more appropriate. Especially for someone that has had an exemplary record. But again, it seems a large fine is given because the AFL is more concerned about its image than anything else.

On a side note is anyone else having trouble posting in the random discussion thread?
It's only the random discussion thread and only from my laptop (have tried chrome & firefox), just won't let me hit the post reply button. And then every now and then it will let me.
But I can post from my phone all the time.
Yes I saw your message about that, then I saw you posting so I figured it was all good.

But now that you mention it the same thing happened to me yesterday in that thread. The iPad seems a bit dodgy with it but like you the phone works fine. Mysterious.

Aug 12, 2014
P-town
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Swan Districts, Prescot Cables
I've started redecorating my flat, and I've decided to have a room dedicated to the footy, because I just bloody love the game so much. As a lead in, I've put pictures up of all the brownlow medallists over the years. It still brings a tear to my eye to see cuzzy up there....what could have been. Juddy as well, I can't believe he turned his back on our great club.
But.
The thing that most annoys me is that the Fyfe and Ablett pictures keep falling down. I've tried nails, screws, glue. It's so bloody annoying. For the life of me, I can't figure out why their pictures keep falling down. It seems, no matter what happens, they just can't be suspended.

woosha24

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 5, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
The thing that most annoys me is that the Fyfe and Ablett pictures keep falling down. I've tried nails, screws, glue. It's so bloody annoying. For the life of me, I can't figure out why their pictures keep falling down. It seems, no matter what happens, they just can't be suspended.

Sounds like you need to use a little more elbow grease.

Jan 13, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Yes I saw your message about that, then I saw you posting so I figured it was all good.

But now that you mention it the same thing happened to me yesterday in that thread. The iPad seems a bit dodgy with it but like you the phone works fine. Mysterious.
It's really weird, probably why it's been so quiet in there lately.

Luuuc

Premiership Player
Jun 26, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Wildcats, Perth Lynx
I will never forget a game I played for Western Bulldogs against the Gold Coast Suns in 2011 when I went against the game plan and didn’t kick down the line like I was told. Twice.
The runner came out and pointed to the bench, where the dreaded phone was waiting. Any player will tell you: ‘No one wants to answer that phone.’
I picked it up and Rodney ‘Rocket’ Eade was waiting on the line. I soon made my third mistake that day.
I tried to explain myself and boy did I get one of Rocket’s famous sprays

What it’s like to cop a rocket

Apr 30, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
On a side note is anyone else having trouble posting in the random discussion thread?
It's only the random discussion thread and only from my laptop (have tried chrome & firefox), just won't let me hit the post reply button. And then every now and then it will let me.
But I can post from my phone all the time.
Yes. I haven't been able to post since yesterday morning. Thought it was just me.

Jan 13, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
I was concerned I had got tanked and gone into a Mel Gibson type fugue that I couldn't recall and got a thread ban.

Haha me too, I did get pretty drunk over the weekend as well.
Yes. I haven't been able to post since yesterday morning. Thought it was just me.
Anyone see the woman who licked her hand after high-fiving Dusty? G.R.O.S.S

(Posting in here 'cos I still can't post in the Random Discussion thread).
Site is broken.... Or tin foil hat it's because the title makes fun of google ads

Buddy has completely broken down. He’ll inevitably be fine for Jarrod Brander’s next game, Round 12 at the SCG, but Sydney are staring down the barrel of a very expensive contract for an off field marketing asset in the coming years.

06Premiers

Premiership Player
Oct 11, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, Lakers

Buddy has completely broken down. He’ll inevitably be fine for Jarrod Brander’s next game, Round 12 at the SCG, but Sydney are staring down the barrel of a very expensive contract for an off field marketing asset in the coming years.

Can he still make AA Captain?

LittleGreekGod

Club Legend
Dec 24, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
I've started redecorating my flat, and I've decided to have a room dedicated to the footy, because I just bloody love the game so much. As a lead in, I've put pictures up of all the brownlow medallists over the years. It still brings a tear to my eye to see cuzzy up there....what could have been. Juddy as well, I can't believe he turned his back on our great club.
But.
Or Nailed/

FatPizza

Premiership Player
May 25, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool

That round 1 game at Optus last year sure did a number on him...

Contract goes until the end of the 2023 season, last time I saw deal this bad was the 20 year contract Vince McMahon gave to Bret Hart

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back