Injury Wounded Tigers - keep track of our injury status here

Remove this Banner Ad

Nialls reckons cotch will play geelol game at the earliest

He is certain to miss the next two games - this Sunday's clash with Hawthorn and the Dreamtime game against Essendon - and is not expected back for the round 11 match against North Melbourne. While he could resume for round 12 against Geelong, the careful Tigers will not play him until they believe the risks of another strain are greatly reduced.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl...in-out-for-another-three-20190515-p51nj7.html

Why won’t the club put rance on the long term injury list?

Have rules changed regarding that?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

they are opting to not put him on the list because they reckon he is a sneaky chance to play later in the year if we make finals, and don't want to rule him out of that.

They must have changed the rules?
I remember it was a minimum of 11 weeks out if you were on the LTI?
So if we did it when he first injured he would be available now anyway?

They must have changed the rules?
I remember it was a minimum of 11 weeks out if you were on the LTI?
So if we did it when he first injured he would be available now anyway?

it's mainly due to the mid season draft now.

The only way we could participate (prior to Grigg retiring) in it was elevating someone to that list but if we then drafted someone I'm not sure how that impacted everything once our injured player was ready to come back.

it's mainly due to the mid season draft now.

The only way we could participate (prior to Grigg retiring) in it was elevating someone to that list but if we then drafted someone I'm not sure how that impacted everything once our injured player was ready to come back.
Moore is long term injured too. I know Moore's injury was quite a few weeks after Rance. Do we really need to take someone from this draft? Maybe we'll only pick the player or 2 we have in mind.

Moore is long term injured too. I know Moore's injury was quite a few weeks after Rance. Do we really need to take someone from this draft? Maybe we'll only pick the player or 2 we have in mind.

I think we will only take 1 player to replace Grigg.

Reckon the club is hoping to see Moore play some games in the back end once he recovers. Same with Ross.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Basically, if we put Rance on the LTI list and take someone in the mid-season draft, Rance goes off our list of 44 players for the year. So if he came back from injury before finals and we wanted to play him, we would have to ask special permission to get him back on the list which the AFL probably (definitely) wouldn't give us.

So the LTI is the season now? ******* AFL muppets

There's no point in putting a player on the LTI list unless you want to take a player in the mid-season draft, because rookies can play without being elevated now. So effectively it's for season-ending injuries only, but not technically.

Also, for what it's worth, I'm pretty sure LTI used to be considered 8 weeks or more, and it allowed you to elevate a rookie for that time only.

What we should do with Rance is put him on the LTI list, and then come finals just be like, * it, he'll play... the same as Essendon did with Daniher.

Each member donates 20 cents or some bullshit.. and we exploit the system.

Best.

What we should do with Rance is put him on the LTI list, and then come finals just be like, **** it, he'll play... the same as Essendon did with Daniher.

Each member donates 20 cents or some ********.. and we exploit the system.

Best.
Well there's an exploitable benefit of having huge numbers of members...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back