Player Position Classifications

Remove this Banner Ad

Geelong apply for Tom McCartin to have permanent KPD status.
Denied. Has only played the three games so need a little more evidence before granting the permanent KPD status.

Safety Bay apply for Aaron Naughton to have Permanent KPF added to his already position of KPD
Approved. I have a feeling he plays more key back from this point on but you can't deny he has been full time KPF for the Dogs in the first 6 rounds this season.

Aug 22, 2004
Safety Bay WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Brentford FC, Geelong Gumbies,
Approved. I have a feeling he plays more key back from this point on but you can't deny he has been full time KPF for the Dogs in the first 6 rounds this season.

Yep...I normally play him down back anyway but definately deserved the KPF addition so that if I require him forward due to injuries etc then i have him.

Cheers mate

Dav

Hotel? Trivago.
10k Posts Koala SFA State of Origin Coney Island Warriors - Sweet F.A. Pantskyle SFA Fight For MND SFA Daffodil Day Fund Raiser Brisbane Dolphins Player - BFFCL BFFCL Club Captain Blue Mountain Bounders Player - BFFCL
Jul 23, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Brighton, McLaren F1
fightingfury_88 applying for Nick Haynes to be granted hardship KPD status this week with the non-selection of Nathan Brown, Steven May, and Ryan Garthwaite.

Also applying for Brennan Cox to be granted permanent KPD status and Patrick Ryder permanent KPF status.

fightingfury_88 applying for Nick Haynes to be granted hardship KPD status this week with the non-selection of Nathan Brown, Steven May, and Ryan Garthwaite.

Also applying for Brennan Cox to be granted permanent KPD status and Patrick Ryder permanent KPF status.
Nick Haynes - Hardship KPD approved

Brennan Cox - KPD denied. Has only played one game. Not enough evidence to invoke a permanent KPP change.

Patrick Ryder - KPF approved. Has played enough games this season now to say he is playing as a KPF.

Eric Hipwood or somebody else as hardship ruck this week given Kruezer is omitted and Vardy and Pruess both not named.

fightingfury_88
Hipwood ok as hardship Ruck if no permanent rucks available.

Aug 22, 2006
MH370
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Woodville, GCFC, Roopena
Bloody hell. My ruck situation is getting beyond a joke. Draper was right on the brink of a debut and he goes and gets a season ending injury. Any Liam Jones (who's been my hardship ruck) also goes out with an injury.

I have Keath and Mihocek who look most like they'd probably be ok ruckmen and are already in my 18. I'd need to replace them with kpps from outside my 18 but I have that cover if required.
After that I have Hurley, Hore and Tom McDonald but I don't think they're as good a choice as the other two.
Francis, Marshall and Collins are my other KPPs available for selection.

Who do you think is the best option for a hardship ruck to replace my hardship ruck? Keath? Mihocek? I'll apply for Keath as I have more KPD cover than KPF at the moment.

Bloody hell. My ruck situation is getting beyond a joke. Draper was right on the brink of a debut and he goes and gets a season ending injury. Any Liam Jones (who's been my hardship ruck) also goes out with an injury.

I have Keath and Mihocek who look most like they'd probably be ok ruckmen and are already in my 18. I'd need to replace them with kpps from outside my 18 but I have that cover if required.
After that I have Hurley, Hore and Tom McDonald but I don't think they're as good a choice as the other two.
Francis, Marshall and Collins are my other KPPs available for selection.

Who do you think is the best option for a hardship ruck to replace my hardship ruck? Keath? Mihocek? I'll apply for Keath as I have more KPD cover than KPF at the moment.
Tom McDonald is the one that has done the most rucking out of all of those so would be the most suitable IMO. Would leave Marshall and Mihocek as your on field KPFs. In case of a late withdrawal a KPP from your bench would take one of their places.

Aug 22, 2006
MH370
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Woodville, GCFC, Roopena
Tom McDonald is the one that has done the most rucking out of all of those so would be the most suitable IMO. Would leave Marshall and Mihocek as your on field KPFs. In case of a late withdrawal a KPP from your bench would take one of their places.
Happy to go with whatever you think is best. I was just thinking that if any one of those three goes down we need to do it all over again while I can still fill key defensive positions if I lose one or two of them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Worth the question - Tom Langdon as hardship KPD? Lost a few of my KPDs to injury, and much like Collingwood last year, Langdon has had to step up and play KPD.
Absolutely qualifies as a hardship KPD. Approved.

Gee Dub

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 19, 2010
Albury
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Ravens, Rabbitohs, Rockets, Everton
Apply again for Jeremy Finlayson to be KPF. Has played as a marking forward and kicked goals each week other than round 3. If not I'd like for him or Caddy to be a hardship KPF in the absence of Roughead and Stewart.

Apply again for Jeremy Finlayson to be KPF. Has played as a marking forward and kicked goals each week other than round 3. If not I'd like for him or Caddy to be a hardship KPF in the absence of Roughead and Stewart.
Finlayson approved as permanent KPF. Has enough games for evidence of a role change now.

Would like to apply for Josh Battle to be a KPD. Has been playing there for the first 8 rounds now.
Approved. Definitely classifies as a KPD with his role change this season.

Aug 22, 2006
MH370
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Woodville, GCFC, Roopena
Ok. The fears I raised over using Todd Marshall as a hardship ruckman have unfortunately become reality. My hardship replacement for my former hardship replacement now requires a hardship replacement, so let's do it all over again...

Apply for Alex Keath as hardship ruck. My only options now are key defenders and it's unlikely Keath will be dropped. He'll probably get injured this week though, but on the off chance he doesn't he seems to be the obvious choice for a hardship ruckman at this stage. I need some stability until I get an actual ruckman back in the team.

Ok. The fears I raised over using Todd Marshall as a hardship ruckman have unfortunately become reality. My hardship replacement for my former hardship replacement now requires a hardship replacement, so let's do it all over again...

Apply for Alex Keath as hardship ruck. My only options now are key defenders and it's unlikely Keath will be dropped. He'll probably get injured this week though, but on the off chance he doesn't he seems to be the obvious choice for a hardship ruckman at this stage. I need some stability until I get an actual ruckman back in the team.
Approved as hardship.

Oct 17, 2000
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fitzroy Football Club
Last edited:
Apply for Ben King to be a hardship KPD. Apparently he is a KPF, but according to his profile can play key forward or key back.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-05-17/teams-adelaide-oval-fit-for-a-king-excricketer-to-pad-up

I should clarify that this would be from next week onwards.

Lester was a late call-up for Hodge and could slot in at CHB for this week. However Lester is every chance to not be selected next week and Plowman may be in doubt as well.
Now that the season has started I need more proof that he will be playing KPD at AFL level before granting permanent KPD status. Will grant hardship KPD status though and King should be selected as a KPD before Lester is.

GeeCat

Premiership Player
Sep 26, 2003
TJBC
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
TDot, LFC
Geelong apply for Jonathon Ceglar as a hardship KPF. Will only play him there if Tom McCartin isn't selected whilst Daniher and Curnow remain out.

For what it's worth, he's already listed as a dual key forward/ruck option in both AFL Dream Team (https://www.hawthornfc.com.au/news/2019-02-21/fantasy-watch-rucks) and SuperCoach (https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/...s/news-story/a873ba98f2e6ff8791a8ade7a7be6189)

Looking to apply for Ceglar as a permanent dual KPF/Ruck now.

Back