The on topic thread 2.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven’t seen the footage, but if those lyrics are true that’s pretty s**t form. Winners deserve to celebrate yes, but why is it even about Liverpool?

Surely there’s plenty of victory chants and material for City to sing about. Not sure why you have to have a crack at those things, especially mocking injured players and assaulted fans.

Surprised Kompany was involved, thought he had more class than that.

not a good look, it's a shockingly bad chant, but most of the players dont do anything until allez.

still, it's odd to see players involved in stuff like this.

Disappointing as both clubs seemed to have praised each other for what a great hard fought race it was from each other. As far as I know there was no bad blood. Just an odd thing to do.

I think we're just starting to see the American sports way of over gloating creeping into other countries.

Disappointing as both clubs seemed to have praised each other for what a great hard fought race it was from each other. As far as I know there was no bad blood. Just an odd thing to do.

I think we're just starting to see the American sports way of over gloating creeping into other countries.
it's probably a combination of being drunk and really stupid.

I just want the facts to come out, and if that means there's a ban then so be it.

City say we've provided proof that we haven't breached any rules, so I think a settlement of any sort won't be good enough for me.

And if it happens, yes I will look forward to and enjoy the league cup. Has provided me with some great moments and memories over the years.

Last edited:
I just want the facts to come out, and if that means there's a ban then so be it.

City say we've provided proof that we haven't breached any rules, so I think a settlement of any sort won't be good enough for me.

And if it happens, yes I will look forward to and enjoy the league cup. Has provided me with some great moments and memories over the years.

Don't see that said anywhere in your statement. Just that all financial information has been provided to the CFCB. And that is correct - your books presented previously don't suggest further offences.

The funding of Sheikh Mansour towards sponsorship deals is not part of those books though. It is a clear and organised attempt to circumvent the FFP system. If it is actually true this is not a case of a club that simply overspent and failed to fit within the guidelines by accident. That's the allegation that UEFA are most interested in - presenting income as legitimate commercial income when really it is just Sheikh Mansour funding the club. The fact that he has control over all state related entities makes it much easier for him to get away with it.

What I would like to see City come out and say is that Sheikh Mansour / his holding company has not paid any of the state owned entities that currently or previously have sponsored City any money in relation to them sponsoring the club. That will clear things up for all.

“Manchester City’s published accounts are full and complete and a matter of legal and regulatory record. The accusation of financial irregularities are entirely false, and comprehensive proof of this fact has been provided to the CFCB IC.”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A denial of financial irregularities in the books presented. Thats not a denial of violating the rules.

UEFA are looking at ADUG (Mansour) funding commercial sponsorship deals for state related entities. I have yet to see a denial of this.

We've denied any financial irregularities and say that comprehensive proof of that has been provided.

I don't know if it could be said any clearer than that.

The whole point though, is that having denied any wrongdoing in pretty strong terms (imo the statement was written with a court case in mind), I wouldn't like to see any sort of settlement. It just doesn't sit right with me, and it didn't when we settled first time around.

Let UEFA charge us, let them ban us, then let's go to the court where all the facts can come out.

It’s a developing story.

It’s a shame for City the statement came out a day or two after they won the league, but like Moomba says it’s tine this was cleared up one way or another.
The timing isn't particularly surprising. Leaks and rehashes of the story tend to come out after big days.

A bit of a running joke on City boards that whenever we got back on top of the league we had a new article to look forward to.

It's a s**t song but how a chant about Liverpool losing a cup final that's been sung for months with very little comment suddenly becomes about Sean Cox and Hillsborough is beyond me.

Suspect it'll get a good airing on Saturday, and maybe a reworked version next year.

It's a **** song but how a chant about Liverpool losing a cup final that's been sung for months with very little comment suddenly becomes about Sean Cox and Hillsborough is beyond me.

Suspect it'll get a good airing on Saturday, and maybe a reworked version next year.

What do you think "scousers getting battered on the street" refers to?

Looks like your on your own on this one, most can figure out for themselves what that means. Nobody mentioned that the current incident had anything to do with Hillsbrough, quite how you came to that conclusion is beyond all of us.

What do you think "scousers getting battered on the street" refers to?

It refers to Kiev as the first line states.

Nobody mentioned that the current incident had anything to do with Hillsbrough, quite how you came to that conclusion is beyond all of us.

It's been mentioned on radio, TV, social media, newspapers and in this thread.

Someone’s got their blinkers on again
Forgive me for knowing what our songs are about.

I suspect the players and staff will get a bollocking for it, and rightly so. We go to great lengths to avoid this sort of thing going public. And by and large I think k we've been gracious winners, going to great lengths to avoid triumphalism.

But anyone making out that it's about Sean Cox or Hillsborough is trying too hard to manufacture some outrage.

It's been sung for months with barely a comment.

We've denied any financial irregularities and say that comprehensive proof of that has been provided.

I don't know if it could be said any clearer than that.

The whole point though, is that having denied any wrongdoing in pretty strong terms (imo the statement was written with a court case in mind), I wouldn't like to see any sort of settlement. It just doesn't sit right with me, and it didn't when we settled first time around.

Let UEFA charge us, let them ban us, then let's go to the court where all the facts can come out.
Interesting point. Does the fact that Man City came to an agreement ( compromise) with UEFA last time, impact on their ability to successfully challenge UEFA on any penalty, this time around?
Because in effect, Man City gave legitimacy to the FFP rules back then,no?

FWIW the Hillsborough supporters trust acknowledged that is was a fan song and something you can't do anything about. The displeasure sits with players and employees then singing it.

Interesting point. Does the fact that Man City came to an agreement ( compromise) with UEFA last time, impact on their ability to successfully challenge UEFA on any penalty, this time around?
Because in effect, Man City gave legitimacy to the FFP rules back then,no?
I think it really depends on the terms of the settlement, and what we were charged with (and if we are charged again what we will be charged with).

Used to be that a full and final settlement was it, and nothing could be re-visited. That might still be the case, although if UEFA want it bad enough I'm sure they try and find a way around it.

I think it really depends on the terms of the settlement, and what we were charged with (and if we are charged again what we will be charged with).

Used to be that a full and final settlement was it, and nothing could be re-visited. That might still be the case, although if UEFA want it bad enough I'm sure they try and find a way around it.

Weve been over this. City are being investigated for sponsorship deals being funded by their owner. The current investigation is not about the failure to comply with FFP financial targets - that has been dealt with (and rather weakly by a former UEFA exec suspiciously desperate to help City out) back in 2014 when you were fined for being cheats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back