Preview Changes: R9 2019 v Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

The preffered option is to use as limited players as possible like in 2017 when we used 31, that goes out the window on this board

Like Kane Mcgoodwin pointed out we are third on the ladder with the players we have used and lets be honest Jones didn't add a lot when he played

History tells us the less players any club uses the better in relation to finish on the ladder

That’s also an unrealistic option nor is it ideal, it means because you haven’t played more of your squad you carry injured players into the finals like we did.

I suppose its a bit like Keath rated 401 and Jacobs at 79

My personal view on Mackay whats yours on Keath and Jacobs

No it not Keath has Played only 20 games and still has 20 games without losing Points. At the rate he is going by year end he will be closer to Jacobs, even ROB ( 8 games) will be closer.
While Both Atkins and MacKay have that 40 game block to use and both countered in the midfield.

No it not Keath has Played only 20 games and still has 20 games without losing Points. At the rate he is going by year end he will be closer to Jacobs, even ROB ( 8 games) will be closer.
While Both Atkins and MacKay have that 40 game block to use and both countered in the midfield.

You think

What If you compare Betts talia and Jacobs all have that magical 40, and Jacobs destroys them

History shows year in year out less players = higher on the ladder

How many we used already
History also shows if you get injuries at the wrong time and you haven't tested your depth then you remain competitive without winning the premiership.

Not sure, how many have we used?

History also shows if you get injuries at the wrong time and you haven't tested your depth then you remain competitive without winning the premiership.

Not sure, how many have we used?

From Saturdays team

1. Douglas
2 Doedee
3. Sauce
4. Seedsman
5. Milera
6. Pohlkoke
7. Gibbs
8. Jones
9. JJ

So 31 so far, we used 31 in 2017

From Saturdays team

1. Douglas
2 Doedee
3. Sauce
4. Seedsman
5. Milera
6. Pohlkoke
7. Gibbs
8. Jones
9. JJ

So 31 so far, we used 31 in 2017
And if we end up in the top 4 again, we cop some injuries towards the end, will we be better having played more players who could play or by playing less throughout the year and playing injured players instead?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We used a lot of players last year how did that end up
There’s a difference between injury ravaged to your top 10 players and using not enough players.

But you’ve made the correlation between using less players and winning the flag, do you have stats for that it is this another Marty fact like Mackay being ranked higher than Atkins?

I believe the players you recruit in the Draft should be given Blocks of 4 in games During the Season. Let's face it, they aren't going to Dominate.

I would Rest Betts this Week and have a look at Stengle

I am not saying make Wholesale Changes. you Have to try these lads who are the Future of the Club
I dont think they will get a Look in When Seeds Gibbs Milera,Douglas return

Players who could be exchanged (Dropped Rested etc) during the Season.
Atkins, Walker, Knights. Galllucci ,Betts ,Kelly, Lynch

Substitute players Mcadam Stengle,Jones, Mchenry ,Sholl Fogarty, Davis

There’s a difference between injury ravaged to your top 10 players and using not enough players.

But you’ve made the correlation between using less players and winning the flag, do you have stats for that it is this another Marty fact like Mackay being ranked higher than Atkins?

Apart from the bulldogs the most any premiership team used in players was 35 the average is 33 for a premiership team in the history of the AFL

We have two more to go maybe stengle and Mchenry doesn't look like we should try Wilson and Mcadam or it goes against percentages

Apart from the bulldogs the most any premiership team used in players was 35 the average is 33 for a premiership team in the history of the AFL

We have two more to go maybe stengle and Mchenry doesn't look like we should try Wilson and Mcadam or it goes against percentages
Where are you getting this info from?

Stengle, McHenry and Fog would be the 3 that seem most likely to get a go this year unless we cop a heap more injuries.

I’d like to see what Davis could do but he seems to far down the pecking order.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back