Hawthorn’s 2019 Trade/FA - Targets/Incoming players discussion only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only 12 months ago the mention of Scully was a crazy attempt to turn a bloke around who’s body was “completely broken”.

Worth remembering.

This little piece is starting to gain some credence in more reputable circles. I am totally dubious but I remember our genuine interest three years ago.
Having spoken to a colleague of bennell’s it is absolutely not worth it, uncoachable. Only reason it would be worth entertaining is if freo were paying for it to happen and it helped us in other ways.

Jun 19, 2007
On the south side now
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
nil
Just got told something from a guy I work with whose missus is good friends with Nathan Wilson’s missus. Apparently the Dockers and Hawks are talking (and it was stressed only talking) about H. Bennell.
Hope we get him for chips.

With Scully, Scrimshaw, Cousins and Mitch Lewis hitting pay day as speculative efforts, we must have room in the 'batshit crazy' budget to take a risk.

IF WE GET CONIGLIO then we have a midfield of Mitchell, O'Meara, Cogniglio, Shiels, Worpel, Cousins, Scully, Smith.
At worst - Bennell never plays a game and takes a spot on the list.
At best - Bennell slots in as a midfield/half forward that can alternate with Wingard.

Just do it. I don't care anymore.

Jun 19, 2007
On the south side now
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
nil
If you get Bennell on the park (easier said than done) then you have a Ferrari you effectively bought for nothing. Admittedly this Ferrari is filled with cocaine and a variety of other substances but a Ferrari nonetheless.
Most ferraris are full of cocaine and a variety of other substances.

May 3, 2018
Central Coast NSW
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Detroit Pistons
What Ferrari wouldn’t be filled with cocaine?
The Bennell Ferrari
5F1DFB8E-2227-4A5C-A4B6-F5ADC856AC58.jpeg

May 3, 2018
Central Coast NSW
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Detroit Pistons
This little piece is starting to gain some credence in more reputable circles. I am totally dubious but I remember our genuine interest three years ago.

Tops at some point yah have to start wondering if all these Hawthorn leaks are just to throw everyone off who we’re really after. Jenkins, Bennell and other damaged goods types... really wtf 🤷🏽‍♂️

PhatHQ

Premiership Player
Sep 26, 2015
Newcastle
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Come on now Top... you can’t be serious. A couple of years ago & perhaps you take a rookie flyer on him but not now. Even an optimist like myself couldn’t see that happening. He was stuck with a fork a long time ago.

badboybobba

All Australian
Sep 14, 2005
Preston
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Clarko loves his projects - Garlett, Rhan Hooper, Carl Peterson. Bennell would be another, much like Chris Yarran. A big NO for me. A plethora of mental and physical issues. We can't even get Birchall on the park FFS.
I suppose you have to look at every injury in isolation, no point comparing Birch’s injury’s with Bennells.
Birch is a funny one, his initial problem was his knee, not the case now.

Topiary

Premium Platinum
Jul 22, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Come on now Top... you can’t be serious. A couple of years ago & perhaps you take a rookie flyer on him but not now. Even an optimist like myself couldn’t see that happening. He was stuck with a fork a long time ago.

Mate I am in no way supporting this. Just reporting a normally good quality source has heard something similar. DOES NOT MEAN IT IS GOING TO HAPPEN.

PenAndPaper

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 17, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
If Bennell costs us stuff all then i'm all for picking the bloke up. Its low risk, high reward so I really don't see a problem with it.

The dude can definitely play footy when he is on the park & you never know a strong indigenous mentor like Burgoyne in particular could be fantastic for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back