News 2019 St Kilda Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every single team would be putting players out on the field that are not 100% fit

Yep I’m sure they do.
Newnes was unfit most of last year and he had a bad one, but we had very few players to bring in. This year we have players like Hind, White, Marsh, Paton etc we can bring in with a little creative thinking so we don’t have to play as many injured players.

Yet another occasion where we played an unfit player and surprise surprise they didn't perform well. Same as Brucey a couple of weeks ago. Richo really loves playing unfit guys and crossing his fingers.

you do realise that its the medical team say that the guy is fit enough to play , and then the player also then puts his hand up and says i am fit enough to play.

But hey, beat down on the coaches again when its most likely a few parties involved in making the decision whether a 90% fit player should play.

There is a difference between being injured and only doing a light training session because your a bit sore.
Correct. Long and Parker should be on very light training sessions as both look sore / fatigued now.

you do realise that its the medical team say that the guy is fit enough to play , and then the player also then puts his hand up and says i am fit enough to play.

But hey, beat down on the coaches again when its most likely a few parties involved in making the decision whether a 90% fit player should play.

Definitely a few parties, agree on that. The medical team say "he's not going to get any worse if he plays". The physios say "looks like he can go at about 80%". The player says "I feel OK".

But ultimately it's the senior coach's decision - as Richo admitted a couple of weeks ago when Bruce played injured. He has to assess all the information and make a final call. I think Richo too often errs on the side of playing injured senior players vs bringing in a less experienced player.

Definitely a few parties, agree on that. The medical team say "he's not going to get any worse if he plays". The physios say "looks like he can go at about 80%". The player says "I feel OK".

But ultimately it's the senior coach's decision - as Richo admitted a couple of weeks ago when Bruce played injured. He has to assess all the information and make a final call. I think Richo too often errs on the side of playing injured senior players vs bringing in a less experienced player.
Newnes playing most of last year injured says we're not great at making this call.

I just came upon this, so i apologise if this had already been posted. Very sad to hear about her passing. Ill always remember her trading barbs with Rex and gang on talkback. She was easily our most outspoken and passionate supporter on the airwaves. Always wanted Brett to do well for her. When i think of heart and soul supporters, it was always her and Jack Barker. Quite sad to think that that generation of fans is almost all gone now. Molly would probably be the elder statesmen now.

This is a nice tribute by Sam. Rip Ivy from Port Melbourne.

I just came upon this, so i apologise if this had already been posted. Very sad to hear about her passing. Ill always remember her trading barbs with Rex and gang on talkback. She was easily our most outspoken and passionate supporter on the airwaves. Always wanted Brett to do well for her. When i think of heart and soul supporters, it was always her and Jack Barker. Quite sad to think that that generation of fans is almost all gone now. Molly would probably be the elder statesmen now.

This is a nice tribute by Sam. Rip Ivy from Port Melbourne.

Great tribute to Mike Williamson too , playing a lot of historical content videos in reception at RSEA

But Richo and the match committee makes the call on a player, fit or unfit.. And ultimately Richo is the head coach, so it’s fair that he takes the criticism.. it is not the first time this has happened.. that’s where the frustration is coming from.. For example, Webster injured his hand against the crows and is clearly not right.. but we still played him the following week.. Now is webster a star player that we need to win a game? thought we have a system where any player can execute? So why didn’t we swap Webster for White?

I just saw something on the 7pm fox footy show but had the volume down. They had a focus on JB. Can anyone elaborate?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just saw something on the 7pm fox footy show but had the volume down. They had a focus on JB. Can anyone elaborate?
Other clubs are starting to think he is a chance because talks still on hold with the Saints

Tom Morris said Billings is continuing to delay contract negotiations and some clubs may feel he could be convinced to leave. Morris believes Billings is more likely to stay at St Kilda but it’s not as clear cut as it seemed 3-4 weeks ago.

Apparently his Manager is holding out for a $900,000 pa contract. Morris also said Essendon are keen to deal with Billings.

Tom Morris said Billings is continuing to delay contract negotiations and some clubs may feel he could be convinced to leave. Morris believes Billings is more likely to stay at St Kilda but it’s not as clear cut as it seemed 3-4 weeks ago.

Apparently his Manager is holding out for a $900,000 pa contract. Morris also said Essendon are keen to deal with Billings.
Is this the same guy we apparently overpaid for years to meet salary cap requirements?
Great to hear he's repaying the faith.

Is this the same guy we apparently overpaid for years to meet salary cap requirements?
Great to hear he's repaying the faith.
From whats been reported, I don't think we have been over paying Billings at all.

I wouldn't worry. He was never going to sign his contract in the first half of the season. Getting his value up very nicely to sign a big one.
And it's always going to be said Essendon are keen on him because of his dad, but they already have enough of his type and dont have a first rd draft pick this year so they can keep dreaming.

He was paid overs in early contracts. Then again Paul Connors is his Manager.
Then his manager is doing a good job sounds like our footy department not so good

From whats been reported, I don't think we have been over paying Billings at all.

I wouldn't worry. He was never going to sign his contract in the first half of the season. Getting his value up very nicely to sign a big one.
And it's always going to be said Essendon are keen on him because of his dad, but they already have enough of his type and dont have a first rd draft pick this year so they can keep dreaming.

You gotta love these "leaks" from managers, eh Brutus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back