Oppo Camp Non Eagles AFL discussion thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 5, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Coast (AFLW)

Buddy has completely broken down. He’ll inevitably be fine for Jarrod Brander’s next game, Round 12 at the SCG, but Sydney are staring down the barrel of a very expensive contract for an off field marketing asset in the coming years.

This seems like wishful thinking to me (the broken down part, not that he'll play us in round 12). Franklin has only played 3 22 game seasons (regular season only) in his entire career. Usually 19 games is about his speed. Last year he played 18, and his DT/SC averages were in the ballpark of previous years so it's not like he's fallen off a cliff before this season.

Fair chance he gets over this hamstring and continues to play well.

Believe me I'd like nothing better than his contract to be the anchor that completely destroys Sydney, but I don't see how saying he's broken down is anything other than hopeful bias.

Players with less natural ability than Franklin have looked cooked before and come back strong.

Truckosaurus

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 19, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
1557914169803.png

Brandon Matera doesn't even deserve to be in a fantasy State team. Go home, AFL.com.au, you're drunk. Either move Hill off the interchange and pick a replacement there, or pick anyone else. J Cripps would work nicely. Let's not even start with Coniglio playing in the pocket.

shooshka

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
View attachment 674482

Brandon Matera doesn't even deserve to be in a fantasy State team. Go home, AFL.com.au, you're drunk. Either move Hill off the interchange and pick a replacement there, or pick anyone else. J Cripps would work nicely. Let's not even start with Coniglio playing in the pocket.
Pretty sure Gaff didn't make the vic team either. Sure, his kicking has been down this year but treloar was on the bench so obviously not a worry for those selecting the team.

Also Darling a little stiff? Can't fit them all in i suppose...

On SM-G930F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Pretty sure Gaff didn't make the vic team either. Sure, his kicking has been down this year but treloar was on the bench so obviously not a worry for those selecting the team.

Also Darling a little stiff? Can't fit them all in i suppose...

On SM-G930F using BigFooty.com mobile app

They rated Hogan’s season as better than Darlings

MrKK

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 11, 2012
City of churches
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Sturt, Southampton FC, LSU

Buddy has completely broken down. He’ll inevitably be fine for Jarrod Brander’s next game, Round 12 at the SCG, but Sydney are staring down the barrel of a very expensive contract for an off field marketing asset in the coming years.

I'm honestly surprised they got this many good years out if him. AFL had better hold Sydney to keeping his contract in their salary cap, although I'm sure they won't.

Yamumluvsbigcox

Cancelled
Oct 22, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
View attachment 674482

One of these things is not like the other

Players missing jack martin , charlie cameron , aliir aliir and barrass over hamling and taylor . Also rich off the HBF

Ever fisher and sam petreski-seton from carlton over matera .

That team also has 9 talls !

My Wa state of origin team if they had to play next week
B Sheppard Aliir Aliir Johansson
HB Rich mcgovern Yeo
C Coniglio Cripps Kelly
Hf Watlers Franklin J.Martin
F Cameron Kennedy Lobb
Foll Ryder Fyfe O'meara
Int Duncan swallow B.Hill SPS

Much more balanced side and huge running power

I didnt include LTI players rance barrass and natanui who could all be in the team .

Last edited:

darksquare

Club Legend
Oct 11, 2016
Edgewater
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Swan Districts
One of these things is not like the other

Players missing jack martin , charlie cameron , aliir aliir and barrass over hamling and taylor . Also rich off the HBF

Ever fisher and sam petreski-seton from carlton over matera .

That team also has 9 talls !

My Wa state of origin team if they had to play next week
B Sheppard Aliir Aliir Johansson
HB Rich mcgovern Yeo
C Coniglio Cripps Kelly
Hf Watlers Franklin J.Martin
F Cameron Kennedy Lobb
Foll Ryder Fyfe O'meara
Int Duncan swallow B.Hill SPS

Much more balanced side and huge running power

I didnt include LTI players rance barrass and natanui who could all be in the team .
Neville Jetta? I'd pick a proper small defender over Johanissen...
Also, they gave Charlie Cameron to the Allies.
But your team is a massive improvement over what's been selected by afl.com.au

Rowan18

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Tom Boyd retires effective immediately.

He struggled to live up to expectations throughout his career, but will still go down as a premiership hero and IMO should have had a Norm Smith

Surely he would still hang around to get his $1M a year until the end of his contract? If he has retired, then I assume he has just walked away, mind-boggling!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back