Player Watch #5: Brandon Ellis - off to GC pick 39 as compo

Apr 27, 2014
The Funny Farm Lakes Entrance
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
The Fanboi Farters
I'll look at it another way. If BEllis departs and come round six next year he is lining up for North Melbourne/Carlton,/Hawthorn/GWS/insert team and he's up against McIntosh, Stack, Ross, Lambert/insert player, I'm confident of our chances :)
You forgot Mav Weller. 😉

May 8, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Yep he wasn’t considered as being best 22 against Carlton. He was thrown a lifeline simply bc of injuries and has been serviceable. We still need to remember he played a mare of a game against the Pups
A mare? Rubbish. His disposals were 30% down category, that was his only issue. The majority of our team were rubbish, why not bag them? but the disposals he dud get were good considering the game the team actually played. 1 assist, 2 involvements and 100% efficiency isn't a "mare"

Apr 27, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
The Fanboi Farters
A mare? Rubbish. His disposals were 30% down category, that was his only issue. The majority of our team were rubbish, why not bag them? but the disposals he dud get were good considering the game the team actually played. 1 assist, 2 involvements and 100% efficiency isn't a "mare"
This is the Ellis thread so stick to the topic. He got cheap disposals that day with a-24m gained count. Let’s not go over the same rubbish again.

Apr 27, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
The Fanboi Farters
Give a few examples of the short handball and chip kicks.
Don’t need to as I said he rated poorly that day and was missing in action. For his disposals and -24m gain this has been stated as well below the standard as the average is around 150m. Watch the game and you will see he was turtle in his shell. Did you watch the game as any astute observer would have seen he was around our fifth worst player on the night?

tropicaltiger

🏆2017 🏆2019 🏆2020
Jan 4, 2002
cairns
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Snakes
Fact that he didnt play in round 1 whilst being available is being dropped
was left out when available for selection is probably most accurate without being mean or too kind on the kid, dimma had a feeling mav would tear it up and as it turned out he didnt and brando has since staked his claim.

May 8, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Don’t need to as I said he rated poorly that day and was missing in action. For his disposals and -24m gain this has been stated as well below the standard as the average is around 150m. Watch the game and you will see he was turtle in his shell. Did you watch the game as any astute observer would have seen he was around our fifth worst player on the night?
If he had 100% efficiency obviously the team mate who took possession also took it clean, if he then passed it on in the chain and that goes 100 meters it's credited in Ellises meters gained chain, a stat the coaches look at, not the crappy +/- You mentioned.
You're a hater, I get it, nothing he will do will be good enough. Probably time to go watch a movie.

Feb 6, 2019
Murfreesboro, TENN
AFL Club
Richmond

Seems to be a defence mechanism on here from some that when Ellis plays poor the rest of the team did so it doesn't matter …. Ellis was terrible v the Bulldogs, no escaping it.

Apr 27, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
The Fanboi Farters
If he had 100% efficiency obviously the team mate who took possession also took it clean, if he then passed it on in the chain and that goes 100 meters it's credited in Ellises meters gained chain, a stat the coaches look at, not the crappy +/- You mentioned.
You're a hater, I get it, nothing he will do will be good enough. Probably time to go watch a movie.
Here we go the childish hater comment made by a suspected lover. lol 🤔.
Don’t know how old you are , but you need to stick to facts and when you dish out facts at least get them right.
It doesn’t get measured in the manner you suggest as this is one flaw with it
I posted this up earlier in the thread , but you obviously didn’t read it or failed to comprehend. This explains how Ellis had -24m gained.
It’s the point at the next players disposal and not after he disposes it as you incorrectly suggest.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www...28/stats-enough-metres-gained-irrelevant/amp/

May 8, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Here we go the childish hater comment made by a suspected lover. lol 🤔.
Don’t know how old you are , but you need to stick to facts and when you dish out facts at least get them right.
It doesn’t get measured in the manner you suggest as this is one flaw with it
I posted this up earlier in the thread , but you obviously didn’t read it or failed to comprehend. This explains how Ellis had -24m gained.
It’s the point at the next players disposal and not after he disposes it as you incorrectly suggest.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www...28/stats-enough-metres-gained-irrelevant/amp/
That is one of the worst articles I've read. Some wannabe journo has no idea.

Apr 27, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
The Fanboi Farters
Seems to be a defence mechanism on here from some that when Ellis plays poor the rest of the team did so it doesn't matter …. Ellis was terrible v the Bulldogs, no escaping it.
Yes , but the same people will quote meaningless stats to their advantage to defend a player. Yet when used against them they try to justify it with verbal dribble. Hypocrisy at best. Brando didn’t even lay a tackle all night where the ball was ping ponging around our back half.

May 8, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
It’s still fact and it tells me you don’t understand the meaning of metres gained. He’s obviously one up on you the wannabe keyboard warrior.
CH Data disagrees
"Clubs look at Metres Gained at chain level to measure the effectiveness of ball movement. eg. Defensive 50 stoppage chains: metres gained minus reply metres (what the opposition gained after a turnover).
Player numbers are also used by clubs, as the raw Metres Gained number (What you are quoting, and the only meter gained stat available to the public) , Effective Metres Gained (effective disposals only), Assisted Metres Gained (metres gained by teammates after you get the ball to them uncontested), and Net Metres Gained (Metres Gained + Assisted Metres Gained).

tropicaltiger

🏆2017 🏆2019 🏆2020
Jan 4, 2002
cairns
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Snakes
He was better than the captain, haven't seen anyone bag him or his game
he was better than half the side mate, his role dried up when dogs used the ball beautifully and under less pressure than usual and refused to cough it up, worst still was our mids and defenders were crap and restricted his forward overlap to being a very crabby and static. dogs were were well coached/drilled and had one out of the box that night plus im sure dimma would learn from it as well.

Apr 27, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
The Fanboi Farters
CH Data disagrees
"Clubs look at Metres Gained at chain level to measure the effectiveness of ball movement. eg. Defensive 50 stoppage chains: metres gained minus reply metres (what the opposition gained after a turnover).
Player numbers are also used by clubs, as the raw Metres Gained number (What you are quoting, and the only meter gained stat available to the public) , Effective Metres Gained (effective disposals only), Assisted Metres Gained (metres gained by teammates after you get the ball to them uncontested), and Net Metres Gained (Metres Gained + Assisted Metres Gained).
The -24m gained was the champion data reading which I believe Phar Ace was quoting. This is as the article I stated suggested. This is not clubs readings and all the other bulldust you’re suggesting, so stop confusing the issue here. I’m working on that figure alone as this is what was raised. You were even trying to justify it with the wrong interpretation. You screwed up and me being a forgiving guy will forgive you.

May 8, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
he was better than half the side mate, his role dried up when dogs used the ball beautifully and under less pressure than usual and refused to cough it up, worst still was our mids and defenders were crap and restricted his forward overlap to being a very crabby and static. dogs were were well coached/drilled and had one out of the box that night plus im sure dimma would learn from it as well.
We only had a handful of decent players. Stack was the only highlight.
The imposter was banging on about Ellis not having a tackle, well Vlastuin only had one and a team low of 10 pressure acts. Heard no criticism about that

May 8, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
The -24m gained was the champion data reading which I believe Phar Ace was quoting. This is as the article I stated suggested. This is not clubs readings and othe bulldust you’re suggesting so stop confusing the issue here. I’m working on that figure alone as this is what was raised. You were even trying to justify it with the wrong interpretation. You screwed up and me being a forgiving guy will forgive you.
WTF are you on about. What I quoted including the - 24 IS the champion data meters gain stats. What it means is the basic -24 is just a raw stat just for the public, the clubs take no notice of it.

Apr 27, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
The Fanboi Farters
WTF are you on about. What I quoted including the - 24 IS the champion data stats. What it means is the basic -24 is just a raw stat just for the public, the clubs take no notice of it.
Mate this is the number after he disposed it to the next person and whether it goes OOTF or to an opponent as well. In 14 possessions he went backwards on his own accord and not by a player Clanger as you were implying earlier m. Do you get it ?
Stop wasting my time with your ignorance on the matter.

May 8, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Mate this is the number after he disposed it to the next person and whether it goes OOTF or to an opponent as well. In 14 possessions he went backwards on his own accord and not by a player Clanger as you were implying earlier m. Do you get it ?
Stop wasting my time with your ignorance on the matter.
I know exactly what minus 24 means.
And yes, I'll be more than happy to never waste your time again.

Back