Preview Round 9: Essendon vs Fremantle, Docklands, Saturday 18/05/19, 7:20 PM

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out: Fantasia (inj), Smith (inj), Myers (omit)

In: Daniher, Ridley and Begley

Going bigger but I think it works. Daniher becomes a CHF like he should be and does not have to ruck. Ridley is quick enough to work in the backline ang Begley can play forward pressure.

Give Ham another game. Don't wreck him like Langford. Give him the chances to build into it.

B
  • Patrick Ambrose,
  • Cale Hooker,
  • Andrew McGrath
HB
  • Jason Ridley,
  • Michael Hurley,
  • Adam Saad
C
  • Zach Merrett,
  • Dyson Heppell,
  • Mason Redman
HF
  • Conor McKenna
  • Joe Daniher,
  • Josh Begley
F
  • Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti,
  • Zac Clarke,
  • Jake Stringer
FOL
  • Tom Bellchambers,
  • Dylan Shiel,
  • David Zaharakis
I/C
  • Darcy Parish,
  • Aaron Francis,
  • Matt Guelfi,
  • Brayden Ham
good team, alot of common sense in your selections

Clarke = new whipping boy...
Hope he holds his spot and plays a decent game - its not beyond him. He had a poor game last week - yes - but dont write him off just yet after 1 shocker game

Sorry but the bloke is a complete spud.

When he fumbled in defence and allowing the ball spill out the back for an easy Sydney goal to seal the game was the final straw for me.

When he fumbled in defence and allowing the ball spill out the back for an easy Sydney goal to seal the game was the final straw for me.

That was alot more than him though. Why was he the last line of defense and not a sweeper like Saad, Redman or McGrath...

We rocketed a handball out of congestion towards our Ruck man who was the last line of defense for some unknown reason.

It was a cluster* of defensive errors.

i would like to see Mark Baguley start in the defence
he is 1.8 M
as good as he is roaming attack and scoring a goal a match
he should return to where he started as a defender

(Log in to remove this ad.)

sometimes a change here and there can really change things DapperJong.....

You need to revisit the De Goey incident.

Bags is only trustworthy in a role where he doesn’t have to be accountable. He’s too old now.

True point, but how many of our so called stars made more match losing errors during and late in the game, ala Anzac Day.

I think he stays so we can rest Daniher and not have him ruck.

If Clark kicks one of those goals last week we win. He kick a both and he is being praised.

At least he leads up at the ball carrier.
Well no, he kicks one goal the net gain is 5 points and we draw.

you must understand that this mis matchup could end up in a great ploy....
mesmorize the opponents...
like a game of guess...
Bags was a huge liability in defence last year, hence why he was moved forward. We have players in the backline that can offer more defensive pressure than he is capable of.

Unfortunately, the game has gone past him and once we have players such as Laverde (injury), Begley (fitness, form) or even Langford (IDK what this kid is doing) putting a few consistent games together in the 2's, I expect he will play VFL and will only be a depth player for the rest of the year.

Bags was a huge liability in defence last year, hence why he was moved forward. We have players in the backline that can offer more defensive pressure than he is capable of.

Unfortunately, the game has gone past him and once we have players such as Laverde (injury), Begley (fitness, form) or even Langford (IDK what this kid is doing) putting a few consistent games together in the 2's, I expect he will play VFL and will only be a depth player for the rest of the year.

love your qoute as usual
but you say he is bad in the defence...what chance does he have in attack....
this is
ESSENDON'S problem
its called the "Shuffle Effect"

Baguley has been ok as small forward, and at the moment we don’t have many other options.
Mozzie not ready, Raz out and Tippa out of form and now smith missing for a large chunk.

We know bags has the ability to lay a big tackle and get in the right spots, but it’s definitely an area we are volnurable in!

Maybe we have to give mozzie a crack just due to injuries. If he could come in get between 12-16 disposals, can lay 5 or more tackles and snag a goal or two (which is his output in the VFL) it may be worth it!

Is there someone else that could be swung forward similar to what Baguley did??

It’s just an area I think we are going to struggle with this season!!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think he stays so we can rest Daniher and not have him ruck.

If Clark kicks one of those goals last week we win. He kick a both and he is being praised.

At least he leads up at the ball carrier.

I’ll let slide the s**t kicking if you can explain his complete and utter ******* fumble that led to a swans goal?

The guy is a doughnut. I’m sorry but that level of incompetence is not worth giving Daniher a spell. I’d rather put Ambrose in the ruck and put Ridley in then give Clarke another shot at it.

The guy is not up too it. He is just tall.

What punishment do you think would we receive in the same situations?
For the elbows, wearing the sash, 1-2 weeks.
I don’t have to guess the not returning the ball because Stringer had the ball touched out his hand. 50m penalty.
The backchat to the umpire, Fletcher copped 50m “for being demonstrative”. I’d say anyone in red n black would’ve got 50m.
Lastly, climbing the goal post, I have no doubt whatsoever that it would’ve been a free kick costing us the game.
Why, what do you think?
I’ve got a persecution complex?
I was at the SCG last year to watch Gleeson get held without it and Rohan kicking the winning goal.
Maybe I’m wrong but I doubt it.

Baguley has been ok as small forward, and at the moment we don’t have many other options.
Mozzie not ready, Raz out and Tippa out of form and now smith missing for a large chunk.

We know bags has the ability to lay a big tackle and get in the right spots, but it’s definitely an area we are volnurable in!

Maybe we have to give mozzie a crack just due to injuries. If he could come in get between 12-16 disposals, can lay 5 or more tackles and snag a goal or two (which is his output in the VFL) it may be worth it!

Is there someone else that could be swung forward similar to what Baguley did??

It’s just an area I think we are going to struggle with this season!!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
i like your reasoning here....
Devon Smith is the hugest blow on the wings...
but sadly he is not the only blow...
we have

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back