2nds Port Adelaide vs Crows - Round 7 @ Alberton

Remove this Banner Ad

Saturday 18th of May 1:40pm at Alberton Oval.

For people that can't make it to the game the digital pass this year is similar to last year. If you are a member of one of the 8 other SANFL clubs you get every SANFL game (including all Port home and away games) live for $30, non-members of those 8 other clubs have to pay $60. Or for a 30 days pass it's $6 for members, $10 for non-members.
https://sanfldigitalpass.com.au/#/

With the AFL game being the day after. 1 of the 4 AFL emergencies will not play SANFL.

For the AFL side, Butters and Robbie Gray will probably be assessed so their availability (or lack of) will either help (or hinder) the SANFL side.

Dallas Hill a possible option up forward if his finger is all good to go. Sam Hayes looks like he's a good chance to return too. I'd expect that a few more SANFL listed players will get a go.

Also it looks like it will be Cam Hewett and Matt Appletons 50th SANFL game.

Sturt still on our tails for a top 5 spot.
Untitled.jpg

Maggies Changes:
IN: Marshall, Drew, Bonner, Hill, Appleton, Corcoran, Wong, Strange
OUT: Farrell (AFL), Broadbent (AFL), Garner (AFL), Motlop (AFL), Frampton (AFL), Atley (AFL), Mayes (AFL), Johnson (?)

Maggies Side:
F: Cox - Marshall - Woodcock
HF: Mead - Hill - Davidson
C: Sutcliffe - Hewett - Pudney
HB: Bonner - Corcoran - Frederick
B: Grundy - McKenzie - Strange
R: Ladhams - Trengove - Drew
INT: Appleton - Elsworthy - Wong
EMERG: Edwards - Smith

Other:
Watts (Leg, TBC)
Mahney: (Shoulder, 9 weeks)
Dixon: (Leg, 4 weeks)
Hartlett: (Hamstring, 2 weeks)
Hayes: (Glandular Fever, ?)
Johnson: (?, ?)
Makoi: (Last played, Trial Match 2)

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I'll just say what everyone else will be thinking.

If Frampton is in this side and not the other one I hope he kicks 10.
Grundy will need to have a big game.

Have 1 week left on my SANFL pass so its tempting to watch from home.
Could get a bit nasty behind the pickets this week and I don't want to cause it :)

I'll just say what everyone else will be thinking.

If Frampton is in this side and not the other one I hope he kicks 10.
Grundy will need to have a big game.

Have 1 week left on my SANFL pass so its tempting to watch from home.
Could get a bit nasty behind the pickets this week and I don't want to cause it :)
I don't expect Grundy to do much for a few years due to his lack of muscle, unless you are talking about Garner?

crows dude

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 20, 2005
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
This could be our side this week. I will be heading down with the wife as usual to Alberton.

In Seedsman, Douglas, MacPherson, Gibbs
Out - Johnson, Hutcheson Brown, Boyle

F Stengle Jenkins Davis
HF Macadam Fogarty Wright
C McHenry Douglas Seedsman
HB Macpherson Otten Gibbs
B Hamil Butts Sholl
R Hunter Wilson Jones
Inter Strachan, Latchford,Merret

Last edited:

Smithy7

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Mar 1, 2014
South of Scotland
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Saturday 18th of May 1:40pm at Alberton Oval.

For people that can't make it to the game the digital pass this year is similar to last year. If you are a member of one of the 8 other SANFL clubs you get every SANFL game (including all Port home and away games) live for $30, non-members of those 8 other clubs have to pay $60. Or for a 30 days pass it's $6 for members, $10 for non-members.
https://sanfldigitalpass.com.au/#/

With the AFL game being the day after. 1 of the 4 AFL emergencies will not play SANFL.

For the AFL side, Butters, Ebert and Jonas will probably be assessed so their availability (or lack of) will either help (or hinder) the SANFL side. Dallas Hill a possible option up forward if his finger is all good to go. I'd expect that a few more SANFL listed players will get a go.

Also it looks like it will be Cam Hewett and Matt Appletons 50th SANFL game.

Sturt still on our tails for a top 5 spot.
View attachment 672839

Predicted Maggies Side:
F: Cox - Frampton - Woodcock
HF: Davidson - Edwards - Mead
C: Pudney - Atley - Mayes
HB: Frederick - McKenzie - Garner
B: Grundy - Corcoran - Sutcliffe
R: Ladhams - Hewett - Trengove
INT: Elsworthy - Appleton - Strange
EMERG: Makoi - Smith

Other:
Watts (Leg, TBC)
Mahney: (Shoulder, 9 weeks)
Dixon: (Leg, 4 weeks)
Hayes: (Knee, 2 weeks)
Hartlett: (Hamstring, 2 weeks)
Hill: (Finger, Assess)
Wong: (Last played, Trial Match 2)
This game is live on Ch7 ... :D:p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mar 1, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I'm seeing Grundy as the matchup on Jenkins, but I could be wrong there.

Not sure the Maggies have a match up for Jerker Jenkins, given any reasonable supply I suspect he would be far too big and strong for Grundy at this stage of his career, and could kick an absolute bag.
It will probably have to be McKenzie but he would probably get monstered in the one on one stuff as well.

Nov 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Not sure the Maggies have a match up for Jerker Jenkins, given any reasonable supply I suspect he would be far too big and strong for Grundy at this stage of his career, and could kick an absolute bag.
It will probably have to be McKenzie but he would probably get monstered in the one on one stuff as well.
Well, any player wanting a call up to the AFL surely needs to show that can match it with AFL players, so anyone playing on Jenkins had better bring their A game.

Sep 9, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Well, any player wanting a call up to the AFL surely needs to show that can match it with AFL players, so anyone playing on Jenkins had better bring their A game.

We don’t have any key defender depth after trading hombsch and Austin for 4th rounders.

Grundy is a kid, and McKenzie an undersized mr fix-it.

Coobk001

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 26, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
SA Spurs, Anaheim Ducks, White Sox
The Crows reserves are on a roll and expecting a few players to return from injury this week, so I don't expect a pretty result here with all our outs, but you never know. Let's see what the AFL side looks like then we may have an idea.

kgerlach01

Team Captain
Dec 29, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Another reason I'm against this ridiculous mid season draft, what happens IF Sutcliffe gets drafted to let's say Melbourne? What a complete waste of time it was bringing him over here!!

Another reason I'm against this ridiculous mid season draft, what happens IF Sutcliffe gets drafted to let's say Melbourne? What a complete waste of time it was bringing him over here!!

If he does then good luck to him. We of all clubs should know better than to let SANFL obligations stand in the way of an AFL dream.

kgerlach01

Team Captain
Dec 29, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
If he does then good luck to him. We of all clubs should know better than to let SANFL obligations stand in the way of an AFL dream.

Sorry, I completely disagree, no point recruiting people if they can just leave mid season. Particularly naming them freaking captain.

May 26, 2017
Uruguayana, RS (BRA)
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Grêmio, DC United, Pistons
https://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2019-05-13/injury-update-burton

While Sam Hayes is set to make his return to football this weekend against Adelaide in the SANFL, following a knee reconstruction early last season.
Good luck Sam!
Now that is some good news
Unfortunately, Sam Hayes – who was expected to return from his knee reconstruction last year – has been diagnosed with glandular fever.

From the club's website.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back