2019 - * the byes!

Remove this Banner Ad

Robbie Gray in round 13 will be a bargain.
Might grab him as a temporary M8 to help me field numbers in round 13 bye, then move him to M9/F7

On the watch list

So based on my team as it stands including injuries and omissions...

Round 12:
1 donut
Many of the Port rookies should be gone by then

Round 13: 2 donuts
Gawndy hurts
Moore should be upgraded in this round

Round 14: 3 donuts
Well I'm ******

Strategised a bit with my latest trades by bringing in some R12 players in Dunkley and Merrett and ditching Moore.

Now have 19 available players in Rd12 and R13 not counting Scott and Burgess. If Answerth gets dropped, I would be down to 18 in r12.

Rnd14 still a bit of a problem but I plan to upgrade Stack and Walsh in that round. Just a matter of finding a playing rookie to cash in on Rozee.

Would be lovely if the round 1 rising star nomination could come back in for round 12 and 13.

Know he got concussed a couple weeks ago, I assume he didn't play VFL on the weekend. Hopefully plays VFL this week and next and gets his chance at AFL level again.

Warm bodies...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would be lovely if the round 1 rising star nomination could come back in for round 12 and 13.

Know he got concussed a couple weeks ago, I assume he didn't play VFL on the weekend. Hopefully plays VFL this week and next and gets his chance at AFL level again.

Warm bodies...

Id rather a donut. At least i wont get my hopes up

Id rather a donut. At least i wont get my hopes up
Nah the kid is good. Had gastro in round 2 but played, took it out of him, would have killed his young body. Then he played like s**t because he was wrecked. Played VFL, got concussed, now he's had a week or 2 off to rest. Will be back to pump out some decent scores.

Nah the kid is good. Had gastro in round 2 but played, took it out of him, would have killed his young body. Then he played like **** because he was wrecked. Played VFL, got concussed, now he's had a week or 2 off to rest. Will be back to pump out some decent scores.

It doesnt matter how good he is. His coach is a muppet. Look at LDU played well now vanished again.

It doesnt matter how good he is. His coach is a muppet. Look at LDU played well now vanished again.
Bloody Brad, I always forget about Brad...

Anyway I guarantee he'll play AFL again this year, I just want him to play in round 13, I desperately need players to avoid a donut. A 30 is better than a 0

My some miracle he plays rounds 11, 12 and 13, crawls to $220k, then I can pocket $100k from a downgrade in round 14 if I'm desperate

Bloody Brad, I always forget about Brad...

Anyway I guarantee he'll play AFL again this year, I just want him to play in round 13, I desperately need players to avoid a donut. A 30 is better than a 0

My some miracle he plays rounds 11, 12 and 13, crawls to $220k, then I can pocket $100k from a downgrade in round 14 if I'm desperate

Forces him to play through gastro we field him on the back of a ton and then rest him 2 weeks later and when he plays he is barely on ground after that. ******* donkey

I keep changing my mind about whether i should care about the byes at all. I'm focussing mainly on my cash league rather than overall so im tempted to just disregard round 13 as im currently missing 14+ players that round due to the bye and my loopholes - Sweet and Nutting. However, there is also a prize for most total points during the season which im still in contention for (even though it is seeming unlikely). Additionally, I'd like to finally prove that i can see out a SC season with a reasonable final ranking rather than dropping the ball towards the back end of the season and/or making stupid trades :huh:

I keep changing my mind about whether i should care about the byes at all. I'm focussing mainly on my cash league rather than overall so im tempted to just disregard round 13 as im currently missing 14+ players that round due to the bye and my loopholes - Sweet and Nutting. However, there is also a prize for most total points during the season which im still in contention for (even though it is seeming unlikely). Additionally, I'd like to finally prove that i can see out a SC season with a reasonable final ranking rather than dropping the ball towards the back end of the season and/or making stupid trades :huh:

Just pick the best players and dont worry about it. Otherwise u will spend the back half of the year regretting not having them.

Just pick the best players and dont worry about it. Otherwise u will spend the back half of the year regretting not having them.
That's what ive been doing so far. For my team it really comes down to whether i want to trade out players with a round 13 bye like Moore, Hore, Answerth and Brayshaw in round 13 or accept having ~15 players for that round and conserving trades. That would no doubt result in a loss in my cash league and a drop in overall ranking but it should help me be competitive in the other bye rounds and hopefully later in the season.

Looking at the best case scenario, if the rookies i currently have can hold their places in their respective sides i can quite easily field 18 in rounds 12 and 13 and then i can have 21-22 players in round 14. That is a 'big IF' though. In all likelihood at least 1 of the 5-6 rookies im relying on will be dropped and ill be left with the option of sideways trading or copping 0s. At this stage, im thinking ill cop the 0s. Anyway, there is so much that can happen between now and round 12 that there could be very limited - if any - benefit in changing trading plans because of the byes. There are simply too many variables in play!

Warm bodies...

North VFL had the bye last week.

North VFL had the bye last week.
Ok cool. He should be fit though now, right? Expect him to play VFL this coming weekend, hopefully impresses

Ok cool. He should be fit though now, right? Expect him to play VFL this coming weekend, hopefully impresses

He should.

We do have LDU, Ahern, Hall and Tyson playing VFL as well so he is not exactly next in line.

I'm hoping fathead Scott realises the season is dead and starts playing the kids.

Inb4 Thomas out, Hrovat in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back