Preview Round 9 - GWS Giants vs Carlton, Sunday 19th May, Sydney Showground Stadium, 4.40pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 8, 2002
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
LA Angels
Cameron definitely needs a spell. Needs to be preserved to see out a full season as he's been injury riddled in various guises for a couple of years now.

I worry with Ward gone that the engine room is unhealthily reliant on Taranto and Hopper - who are by definition still very inexperienced. And if Coniglio gets injured it's a midfield that will fluctuate seriously in form.

If a miracle happened and he could string 3 games together Delidio would be taking Ward's position in the guts every game this season and the team would be miles better for it.

Danny88

Premiership Player
Mar 21, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
Cameron definitely needs a spell. Needs to be preserved to see out a full season as he's been injury riddled in various guises for a couple of years now.

I worry with Ward gone that the engine room is unhealthily reliant on Taranto and Hopper - who are by definition still very inexperienced. And if Coniglio gets injured it's a midfield that will fluctuate seriously in form.

If a miracle happened and he could string 3 games together Delidio would be taking Ward's position in the guts every game this season and the team would be miles better for it.
Do you have inside info on Cameron?

The rehab report said he pulled up better this week than last. Why would he be OK to play then but not now? Last year we struggled for continuity and it was a big reason IMO for our loss in the finals. We need to play the best team and we need to get that continuity that only happens by blokes playing together week in week out

Danny88

Premiership Player
Mar 21, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
Carlton's clearance game has been strong this year. It is their inability to stop a D50 counter attack or the spread of a mature team that has hurt them. I think there will be some scars from our last victory over them and these things should mean a comfortable victory. Certainly a team in premiersip contention in 2019 would beat them comfortably in 2019.

Are we that team?

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Track work time.

And we have some doozys.

Buses replace trains between;

Richmond and Granville
StMarys and Granville
Carlingford and Clyde
North shore line ends at Wynyard instead of Epping.

On the intercity trains

Buses between Penrith and Central

All the best in your travels.

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Story about the game.
IMG_20190516_134726.jpeg

fridgeman

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
Big out in Coniglio and a lot will fall on the shoulders of Hopper and Taranto and I feel they will bring in Deledio to have that experience around the ball, Hopefully the Langdon injury is only minor

KevDawg

EFC & GWS
Jun 6, 2015
Now Sydney
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Essendon, GWS & Giants Womens
Do you have inside info on Cameron?

The rehab report said he pulled up better this week than last. Why would he be OK to play then but not now? Last year we struggled for continuity and it was a big reason IMO for our loss in the finals. We need to play the best team and we need to get that continuity that only happens by blokes playing together week in week out
Even if Jez is injured?
We were challenged for those weeks he was out last year. Everyone knows he’s got a shoulder issue. They’ll take advantage of that.

KevDawg

EFC & GWS
Jun 6, 2015
Now Sydney
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
7 players named to come in. I’m concerned with the lack of playing with each other, here.
We should account for Carlton, though.
Kruiser will be nullified by the Mummy so we will have a much better team around the home ground.
Should be a few Blues fans around.
I hope they go home feeling more blue than when they arrived.
Go Giants!!!

TheGeneralmeg

Senior List
May 16, 2019
AFL Club
GWS
26 man squad named on Thursday so it will be interesting which combination of rucks is named and I think Buntine and Daniels will be omitted for midfield depth and I can see Daniels back in the team after he has some goal kicking confidence and an opportunity will come for Buntine at some stage
Just don’t see anything in Daniels , watched a GWS v GC Neafl game earlier in the year and there was a GC kid in the same position that looked twice the player. Dylan Buckley would be a better choice

KevDawg

EFC & GWS
Jun 6, 2015
Now Sydney
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Interesting listening on the Footy Phil podcast, if interested. It’s Callan Ward this week.

Danny88

Premiership Player
Mar 21, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
Good inclusions this week with Mumford, Whitfield definitely back in. I want lids back in too- with cogs out we need the experience out on the ground

fridgeman

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
Should be a good game and hopefully Cameron can stick some marks and add to his goals tally for the year and Greene finds some form
I didnt think Deledio would be rushed back in but with Coniglio out the selection had to be done so hoping for the best for him on sunday
150 for Phil and at Giants stadium they should get the result and hopefully no injuries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back