Preview Round 9 2019: RICHMOND VS HAWTHORN SUN MAY 19th 3.20 MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Geelong game was the one,I was confident after beating them that we could win the flag,I remember going to Kardinia that year and the umps tearing us a new one and all the Cats supporters mocking us from the wing stand then I copped it on the train from 2 oppos all the way to the City “we will never win a flag,Richmond are ****”,the normal oppo diatribe,then we won the flag,love to meet those two now.

KP is worth 5 goals to Geelong.

Put em on the G and we smash em.
I just looked through some old texts I sent to my dad in 2017. Most of our texts are Richmond related lol

Anyway I came across the one I sent to him right after the Geelong quarter final.

“This is a Richmond I’ve never seen dad”.

All he said was yes Joe and that’s all he had to say. He’s seen all of our flags since 1967.

Anywho this is the Richmond v Hawthorn preview thread. If we even play half as well as we did that day, we’ll beat them well.

It'll be fascinating to see if our new jerry rigged team can keep it all rolling. Reckon we can roll the Hawks if our new ruck does a job. I'm not expecting a super performance, but just to break even would be awesome. Flossy back in adds a huge amount.

Sen just saying,the Tigers have been incredible this year as they have had the most injuries by far especially as it's most their guns, said in 4 games they lost 2 player's mid game and despite that are incredibly 5-3,he said Richmond have the best young players in the AFL, and many of them.

Sen just saying,the Tigers have been incredible this year as they have had the most injuries by far especially as it's most their guns, said in 4 games they lost 2 player's mid game and despite that are incredibly 5-3,he said Richmond have the best young players in the AFL, and many of them.
Are they drunk?

SEN hates Richmond!

Triple M were saying yesterday that we could lose any player and we won't be screwed, as we have a great system and aren't reliant on individual star power.

Remember when the media would always say we were carried by 4 superstars and the rest of our players were spuds.
INB4 we lose to the Hawks and every journo and his dog says we’re shite without Nankervis.

The media being all warm and fuzzy about us, our system and our kids makes me bloody nervous!

I just looked through some old texts I sent to my dad in 2017. Most of our texts are Richmond related lol

Anyway I came across the one I sent to him right after the Geelong quarter final.

“This is a Richmond I’ve never seen dad”.

All he said was yes Joe
was probably heavily on the sauce

Triple M were saying yesterday that we could lose any player and we won't be screwed, as we have a great system and aren't reliant on individual star power.

Remember when the media would always say we were carried by 4 superstars and the rest of our players were spuds.
BruisedZanyCreature-small.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is a reason we trouble the hawks and have beaten them for awhile now, they cant handle our forward ball movement at all cost approach as it splits there zone and gets them seriously out of shape on the ground. So they are then easily exposed for the counter/turnover game we thrive on. What's positive for us, is that style does not need super A grade talent to apply, we have seen that with the side this year. Also the Hawks are in a semi rebuild mode with a young ( game xp wise ) underbelly that we can expose.

They are dangerous, if there old brigade are on song,they are hard to beat as they are proven warriors BUT they wont be able to contain our speed. We need to make sure, speed of ball movement is our major focus. Stop them from zoning and creating a slowish contested game. If we can do that, we should win by 4 goals and then just watch the media jump on lol.

We just cant afford any injuries!

Haven’t rated menadue that much, but after last weeks performance, he cannot be dropped
When played to his strengths he really does perform well. Against the Dockers and Port, both case s he was given a bit more liberty to run the wings and break the zones. His kicking has really gone to the next level, that kick against Port into the centre for the go ahead goal and some of his disposals on the weekend were top shelf.

Agree, he cannot be dropped.

The one I remember was GWS at the MCG. Round 19 (?) 2017.

They were beating us and we were 21 points down at quarter time.

We flicked the switch in the second quarter and the torrential rain came down, no way GWS were beating us that day.

One of my fondest memories as a Richmond supporter. :D
That was the day I thought ... maybe??? .. na.

And bugger me about 8-10 weeks later..
Yep!!!

That was the day I thought ... maybe??? .. na.

And bugger me about 8-10 weeks later..
Yep!!!
From memory I didn't even think about a flag until after the QF. As I was walking out of the ground it occurred to me that we were one win from the GF. Before then I was more worried about just winning a single final than anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back