EDFL Div 1 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turbos mail

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 15, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Will Kett also changes from 3 to 4 pointer.

Based on his Edfl history he should be a 3.

Played more reserves games than seniors = 2 points + 1 point from premier to Div 1

I’m not sure Kett should be a 4 pointer. He played mostly reserves at EDS in 2018. But I haven’t researched it enough through his last 3 years..

Good to see they corrected Langwell. That wasn’t hard as it took less than 5 minutes to work out.

GMAN63

Senior List
Dec 30, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
S
Good post PC. I believe the EDFL is not accepting blame as per what there obligations are under this system. It’s just a matter of when they will come out and announce the points will be taken off EK for playing over the allocated amount of points. Clubs need to be accountable as well..

Think the hold up is they are just checking other teams to ensure it’s only 1 club playing outside the rules.

I liked the comment that “the best division of footy in metro is now a farce” maybe the EDFL media team will need to change this quote!! The division is in total chaos..

PS: for the select few who who think I’m potting clubs, well it does seem I have a lot of support and the number of people/clubs become annoyed over this issue is growing by the day. To many people are over it..
FFs just play by the rules and stop making excuses and blaming others.. Fix it..
Standby . Wrong again .

GMAN63

Senior List
Dec 30, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Does anyone else believe that the EDFL stance on not informing the local football public of how this points problem has occured is the wrong way about dealing with this problem . The clubs depend upon the public to attend and support the local clubs , both emotionally and financially , the clubs dont exist without people attending on a game day and enjoying a game of local football. All they ask for is for the competition to be run in a fair manner with rules that are even for every club.
When a problem like the points situation happens at any club , or an over paying of players , or whatever the main point of conjecture at the time may be , its important that the football public are kept up to date by the competition ( in this case the EDFL ) to inform them of all the relevant details, so the football public can have full confidence that their competition is being administered in an even and fair manner.
This is the least the EDFL can do , both for their brand but also for the brand of the club/s that may also be involved.
If ,as it seems , their has been a mistake by the staff at the EDFL , just come out and let the public know , its not a hanging offence .
I wonder if this would have gone on so long if it was Premier Division and the likes of Kent , Larkins , Elliots clubs were effected.
EDFL, please put an end to this for the sake of the EDFL brand

Standby...10,9,8,7,6,5,4,................

Oldtimesceptic

Senior List
Apr 9, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
He hasn’t played more than 5 senior games any year to received discount.
Still should be 3 pointer
Good post PC. I believe the EDFL is not accepting blame as per what there obligations are under this system. It’s just a matter of when they will come out and announce the points will be taken off EK for playing over the allocated amount of points. Clubs need to be accountable as well..

Think the hold up is they are just checking other teams to ensure it’s only 1 club playing outside the rules.

I liked the comment that “the best division of footy in metro is now a farce” maybe the EDFL media team will need to change this quote!! The division is in total chaos..

PS: for the select few who who think I’m potting clubs, well it does seem I have a lot of support and the number of people/clubs become annoyed over this issue is growing by the day. To many people are over it..
FFs just play by the rules and stop making excuses and blaming others.. Fix it..
I’m not sure Kett should be a 4 pointer. He played mostly reserves at EDS in 2018. But I haven’t researched it enough through his last 3 years..

Think you should read the EDFL website TURBO its a bit different type of statement to what you predicted

manof

Debutant
Sep 12, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
Few blokes on this website better not wait by the letterbox for their Pulitzer Prize!

GMAN the whole time I've been calling for the league to make a statement and either take responsibility for not checking points or sanction EK for playing over the cap. Which they have now done by taking option 1. Did EK deliberately submit lower points for review or was it accidental? We'll probably never know for sure.

This is a really bad look for the EDFL, they have let the other clubs down by not enforcing the points cap and the season is now tainted.

inanunda

Team Captain
Sep 27, 2006
AFL Club
Melbourne
Watch all the people who have bagged EK for cheating, doing dodgies, etc, come out and say they were wrong on their 'sources'. At the same time, watch out for the pigs flying and falling off the flat earth!

GMAN63

Senior List
Dec 30, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Doesn't matter what I say manof. The Big Footy folk will believe what they want to believe. I can assure you it was not deliberate and as per the EDFL statement we actually had a couple of players downgraded in their points . All clubs will now be rechecked so I would be amazed if more errors for the other 26 clubs were not discovered.

Turbos mail

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 15, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Few blokes on this website better not wait by the letterbox for their Pulitzer Prize!

Ultimately GMAN, this just goes to show the EDFL are weak as when it comes to standing up and doing there job. They were going to strip the points and have now changed there minds. Weak as buddy..whoever is in charge should resign immediately imo..
1 club gets to keep there points and the other 3 clubs just told to suck it up..👎
So they just let it go and don’t take any action, what a load of bull.
*It wasn’t just 1 game it was 3..
*It wasn’t just 1 point over the limit it was 4.

This league statement below tells me EK submitted incorrect player points for not just 1 player but multiple players. Read it how you like, and I guess for the moment it’s finished but that to me is blatant disregard for the league and disrespect to opposition clubs. The other clubs should go to AFL Vic and currently the division is tainted at present..
The East Keilor Football Club submitted their playing list for validation at the appropriate time during the pre-season and the EDFL had sent back its validation assessment, which the Club was entitled to take as advice from the League.
As a result of this re-assessment and correction of Player Point Values, the total team point values for three matches already completed now shows as being above 47 points

Turbos mail

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 15, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Watch all the people who have bagged EK for cheating, doing dodgies, etc, come out and say they were wrong on their 'sources'. At the same time, watch out for the pigs flying and falling off the flat earth!

Clearly the EDFL statement says EK submitted incorrect player points for multiple players and played over the maximum limit. Is that being honest or were they just honest mistakes!!. Hahaha you and I know the most likely answer on this.

Others clubs playing EK should just play over the points and get a slap on the wrist..

Example: How did EK think Langwell was a 3 pointer all this time? Even after it was first raised. A kindergarten kid can work out 3 + 1 = 4. It’s not that hard surely.

Oldtimesceptic

Senior List
Apr 9, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
Ultimately GMAN, this just goes to show the EDFL are weak as when it comes to standing up and doing there job. They were going to strip the points and have now changed there minds. Weak as buddy..whoever is in charge should resign immediately imo..
1 club gets to keep there points and the other 3 clubs just told to suck it up..👎

This league statement below tells me EK submitted incorrect player points for not just 1 player but multiple players. Read it how you like, and I guess for the moment it’s finished but that to me is blatant disregard for the league and disrespect to opposition clubs. The other clubs should go to AFL Vic and currently the division is tainted at present..
The East Keilor Football Club submitted their playing list for validation at the appropriate time during the pre-season and the EDFL had sent back its validation assessment, which the Club was entitled to take as advice from the League.
As a result of this re-assessment and correction of Player Point Values, the total team point values for three matches already completed now shows as being above 47 points
The season isn’t tainted what a load of crap

Bissa3

Team Captain
Oct 25, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
The season isn’t tainted what a load of crap
Unfortunately i think it is. This is a massive mistake by the EDFL, what an embarrassment. Regrdless of who is at fault there are rules now with a salary cap and a points system. EK have now won 3 games this year playing over the points, how should there opponents feel? I understand this is not EK fault but even they must be absolutely dirty on the EDFL over this as it may well stick with them.

inanunda

Team Captain
Sep 27, 2006
AFL Club
Melbourne

I have the feeling that regardless of what gets done Turbo, you won't be satisfied until EK get stripped of everything and on the bottom of the ladder. Well, it isn't going to happen as per the EDFL statement and you case of tall poppy syndrome is starting to really sound pathetic and tiresome. Until you come out and state which club you represent or your close sources, maybe put a sock in it. I'm over it and there are many others who are sick and tired of your negativity.

inanunda

Team Captain
Sep 27, 2006
AFL Club
Melbourne
Unfortunately i think it is. This is a massive mistake by the EDFL, what an embarrassment. Regrdless of who is at fault there are rules now with a salary cap and a points system. EK have now won 3 games this year playing over the points, how should there opponents feel? I understand this is not EK fault but even they must be absolutely dirty on the EDFL over this as it may well stick with them.
So one player is the difference in three 100 point wins? Please. Maybe we should get the AFL to go and give Essendon the points for their error on Friday night in the Swans game.

inanunda

Team Captain
Sep 27, 2006
AFL Club
Melbourne
Clearly the EDFL statement says EK submitted incorrect player points for multiple players and played over the maximum limit. Is that being honest or were they just honest mistakes!!. Hahaha you and I know the most likely answer on this.

Others clubs playing EK should just play over the points and get a slap on the wrist..

Example: How did EK think Langwell was a 3 pointer all this time? Even after it was first raised. A kindergarten kid can work out 3 + 1 = 4. It’s not that hard surely.
Ok. Put any of the club's they have played over by no more than four point and they still would not have got close to winning any of those games.

Aug 15, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton

Your a flog Turbo, just a shame Taylor’s Lakes didn’t win last week playing with 49 points. ( might happen this week)

Guaranteed you wouldn’t have blinked about that.

Some serious jealousy on here about EK.

haveago

lovethegame02
Apr 29, 2015
north west Melb.
AFL Club
Carlton
Good on the EDFL for releasing a statement and accepting responsibility. You will find there will be many more anomalies amongst other clubs but we will not hear about it according to wording of statement.
Now to all those that have accused EK of "blatant cheating" , in the words of Chocco Williams, "YOU WERE WRONG".

But we wont hold our breaths waiting for an apology, lets just get on with the season.

Punt05

Debutant
Sep 10, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Depends how your mind works?

My mind says the best 4 teams will still make finals and the best team will still win the flag.
Every team is still in mix if good enough.
Season not tainted.

topheavy

Debutant
Jun 22, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Never in the history of division 1 (where there has been three edfl divisions) has a side won so convincingly in 3 of their 4 games. Three 100+ floggings.
Stevie Wonder can see the influx of 17+ recruits coming from elsewhere is an unfair advantage to any side - hence why the points system was put in place.
The EDFL have egg on their face.
What a farce.

Turbos mail

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 15, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
I have the feeling that regardless of what gets done Turbo, you won't be satisfied until EK get stripped of everything and on the bottom of the ladder. Well, it isn't going to happen as per the EDFL statement and you case of tall poppy syndrome is starting to re sound pathetic and tiresome. Until you come out and state which club you represent or your close sources, maybe put a sock in it. I'm over it and there are many others who are sick and tired of your negativity.

Happy to give it a rest but nothing else going on on this forum.

Ok. Put any of the club's they have played over by no more than four point and they still would not have got close to winning any of those games.

Ummm best do some research as not all results were by big 100 point margins. Take Lyons or J.Grabowski out of the EK side against HS and who knows who wins.

I cant see where Taylor’s Lakes have played over 47 points..

I follow a few clubs around this league and don’t necessarily have anything personal against EK but just thinking this should be allowed to happen and go unpunished. Rules are rules.

So why don’t clubs just pick suspended players or play players without clearances then as it’s probably no different. Just play dumb and you get away with it.

I will leave this now but clearly the EDFL have no spine and yes the comp is clearly tainted.
-What if EK end up top 2??
-What if HS miss out on finals by 4 points or %??
-What if EK scrap into the top 4
-What If Oak Park get relegated by % that was affected by the game v EK.

EK are spending good $$ this season on players so surely they should have spent time and resources into getting this type of thing correct. I’m of the opinion they knew exactly what they were putting in and unfortunately either the EDFL didn’t do there job or chose not to do it. Who knows as clearly the EDFL do favour certain clubs which is a shame really..

Let’s see if EK best Westy playing fairly inside the points limit.. If EK win then I will give it a spell but if Westy win then I might be back on this subject. 😂😄😄

Saltbush

Draftee
May 10, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
Never in the history of division 1 (where there has been three edfl divisions) has a side won so convincingly in 3 of their 4 games. Three 100+ floggings.
Stevie Wonder can see the influx of 17+ recruits coming from elsewhere is an unfair advantage to any side - hence why the points system was put in place.
The EDFL have egg on their face.
What a farce.

inanunda

Team Captain
Sep 27, 2006
AFL Club
Melbourne
They are not all playing 1sts football you putz. Have a look on the clearance page and there are clubs that have more recruits than EK this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back