Prediction Round nine, team changes for the saints

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon he’ll get rested again.

Bucks said on SEN yesterday "we were a little bit hamstrung in regards to our midfield options on the weekend, but I think we handled it pretty well... especially towards the end"

This tells me he will be looking to bolster our midfield stocks at any realistic opportunity.

If Beams is still injured, he'll stay out. But I think if he's sore, he'll play.

Bucks said on SEN yesterday "we were a little bit hamstrung in regards to our midfield options on the weekend, but I think we handled it pretty well... especially towards the end"

This tells me he will be looking to bolster our midfield stocks at any realistic opportunity.

If Beams is still injured, he'll stay out. But I think if he's sore, he'll play.

Bucks may have been referring to two in- game injuries that reduced rotations more than selection errors or team balance.

The starting 22 was the same balance we’ve had all year.

Last edited:

Bucks may have been referring to two in- game injuries that reduced rotations more than selection errors or team balance.

The starting 22 was the same balance we’ve had all year.

Yep. Mayne concussed. Thomas didn't play much of a role after his knock. What was wrong with Wills?

Because Crocker is traditionally a small forward, whereas Quaynor has played zero senior footy and been trained entirely to this point as a defender.
With Crocker not training forward for the entire season, what makes you think the club would justify bringing him in to that position ahead of Varcoe or Wells? In both scenarios for Crocker and Quaynor, if we’re actually being realistic, shuffling of the deck chairs would be required, which was my point in the previous post.

Just saw the post on twitter by the club also. Mayne seems to be training again. Still expecting him to play.

As a side note, I liked it better in years gone by when the club would tweet Press Conference quotes shortly after they happened. Now that they've gone to live instagram stories, I can't listen to them live and they don't post anything to twitter for about an hour :( talk about first world problems...

Kinda excited to see the “depth” tested , gives guys a chance and if they perform they then have to be squeezed back out.

Kinda excited to see the “depth” tested , gives guys a chance and if they perform they then have to be squeezed back out.

Jen is at training this morning but hasn't tweeted about a big cheer going up in the playing group - doubt Quaynor is debuting this week.

It’s confusing because one or two are in that doubtful category.

We know Elliott is an out.
We know Beams will be back.
So that’s straight forward.

But?

Is Mayne, Thomas both ok?
Is De Goey ok?
Is Beams (above really ready)?

Lots of doubts.

Fascinating tonight.

And might even be a watch on who is named emergency as well.

It’s confusing because one or two are in that doubtful category.

We know Elliott is an out.
We know Beams will be back.
So that’s straight forward.

But?

Is Mayne, Thomas both ok?
Is De Goey ok?
Is Beams (above really ready)?

Lots of doubts.

Fascinating tonight.

And might even be a watch on who is named emergency as well.
Ben Collins from AFL.com.au just tweeted saying JDG, Beams, Aish, Mayne and Thomas all look fine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With Crocker not training forward for the entire season, what makes you think the club would justify bringing him in to that position ahead of Varcoe or Wells? In both scenarios for Crocker and Quaynor, if we’re actually being realistic, shuffling of the deck chairs would be required, which was my point in the previous post.

Absolutely, except if Mayne is out, there's a vacant wing for Crock.
Ultimately though, we've got a lot of players with a lot of flexibility. If we want to debut Quaynor or bring back Crocker, regardless of whether Mayne is out. It's not difficult.

Ben Collins from AFL.com.au just tweeted saying JDG, Beams, Aish, Mayne and Thomas all look fine.

That's great news if true. Simplifies selection considerably and keeps the 22 stronger. If he's on the money I suspect we'll see: Varcoe for Elliot, Beams for Wills. Sier gets more time to work on match conditioning and his form. Aish to return via VFL considering the length of time he missed and his indifferent form prior to injury.

It’s a wild guess this week

Maybe they are resting De Goey this week because they are very confident Mayne and Thomas will get up

Might be as simple as

In Beams Wells/Varcoe/Aish ( I prefer Wells)
Out De Goey Elliott
Is this the same shin issue De Goey had towards the end of last year? So the break after the GF and ongoing treatment has not resolved the problem? It sounds like a very serious problem?

Yep. Mayne concussed. Thomas didn't play much of a role after his knock. What was wrong with Wills?

Wills clearly out of his depth and nervous after a long drought. Plus given a pretty tough opponent to play on.

I’d hope Buckley wasn’t giving Wills a subtle sledge in his comments...

Whether he gets selected this week depends on the injury status of Thomas Beams DeGoey Aish and Mayne. And that seems to change every five minutes!! At last report they are all good to go.

Then after all the dramas we might just see the simplest of:

In: Beams
Out: Elliott

Still I’ll look out for the emergency listing of the four named:

Sier, Aish, Quaynor, Crocker might be close to the possibles.

Absolutely, except if Mayne is out, there's a vacant wing for Crock.
Ultimately though, we've got a lot of players with a lot of flexibility. If we want to debut Quaynor or bring back Crocker, regardless of whether Mayne is out. It's not difficult.
The burning question here is why would the club want to bring back Crocker?

Wills clearly out of his depth and nervous after a long drought. Plus given a pretty tough opponent to play on.

I’d hope Buckley wasn’t giving Wills a subtle sledge in his comments...

Whether he gets selected this week depends on the injury status of Thomas Beams DeGoey Aish and Mayne. And that seems to change every five minutes!! At last report they are all good to go.
There was talk on here that his low minutes were injury related?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back