The Bigfooty Liverpool Army

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My mum was having a dinner party with some of her friends and when I was walking around in the kitchen I saw a bottle of wine and it had the great man Bill Shankly on the front of it. Hilarious considering she had no idea who that was while buying it, but pretty spooky considering I'm obviously a Liverpool fan.

The bottle is at 0:22 of this vid.

Gameova_

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
That's left a sour taste in my mouth from City. Really poor form.

Why is it we make up all the songs about our players and our club. Then other clubs just do parodies of our songs and rip on our players and club. It's so bizarre. Like sing about your own club?!

They don't have any songs so they use ours. It's actually pathetic. Manchester City is a pathetic football club though so no surprise. "Battered in the streets". How ****ed.

Ed_Gein

Very good. But brick not hit back!
Dec 17, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Glasgow Rangers, Liverpool, Storm.
They don't have any songs so they use ours. It's actually pathetic. Manchester City is a pathetic football club though so no surprise. "Battered in the streets". How ******.

Did you read their statement? Didn't apologise. Only said the song wasn't referencing Sean Cox.

_M_16_

Premiership Player
Nov 26, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Liv FC, LA Rams, Pitt Pen, Michigan
Harry Wilson just slotted his 18th goal of the season for Derby. They are 3-2 up vs Leeds in the playoff semis.

FFS! Really like to see Leeds back in the EPL, they belong there. I swear every single season they are well and truly in automatic qualification spot or in a playoff spot 2/3 into the season, and seem suddenly always seem to have a late season choke and either lose the automatic spot, the playoff spot.

22 shots at goal to 14, for only 1 goal to 4, at home. Wasteful and inconsistent as usual.

Lebbo73

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 20, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
FFS! Really like to see Leeds back in the EPL, they belong there. I swear every single season they are well and truly in automatic qualification spot or in a playoff spot 2/3 into the season, and seem suddenly always seem to have a late season choke and either lose the automatic spot, the playoff spot.

22 shots at goal to 14, for only 1 goal to 4, at home. Wasteful and inconsistent as usual.
Yeah, I have a soft spot for Leeds because of Harry Kewell and Mark Viduka.

Ed_Gein

Dec 17, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
I never took to Leeds Utd, knew some people that supported them. Haha. Surprisingly popular side to be honest when I lived in Oz, seemed to have a bit of support. Then later the likes of Lee Bowyer, Alan Smith, Danny Mills... made it worse.

I never took to Leeds Utd, knew some people that supported them. Haha. Surprisingly popular side to be honest when I lived in Oz, seemed to have a bit of support. Then later the likes of Lee Bowyer, Alan Smith, Danny Mills... made it worse.
Few Aussies played for them, also we should have a soft spot for them because they hate United, like us.

Ed_Gein

Dec 17, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Yeah true. The couple I knew were fans since kids, but I imagine having Kewell and Viduka helped a lot overall.
I probably would have been a Leeds fan if Kewell didn't go to Liverpool.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In the 1993-94 season SBS was broadcasting highlights of Liverpools game and we we’re playing away to Sheffield Wednesday.
Sheffield Wednesday’s home strip is blue and white stripes.
I was 4 at the time and was coming round to footy and sports so naturally took a liking to the colours.

Back then scores weren’t permanently displayed on the telecast and Liverpool scored first. Sheffield then kicked the next 3 goals and I mistakenly took them for Liverpool as they kicked away to a 3-1 win.

That’s how I came to following the club. Sheffield Wednesday battering us 3-1.

Mar 4, 2002
In a state of flux
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool, Red Sox, Melbourne Storm

i could have been a Boro fan with Dukes and Schwarzer there when i took to following the game. Kewell got me to Liverpool even though the fans hated him for the most part, and he wasn't even a starter in the UEFA Champions League X-Box game i first bought, to play with anyone other than Australia (had only ever casually played internationals/World Cups on Fifa/PES...

i could have been a Boro fan with Dukes and Schwarzer there when i took to following the game. Kewell got me to Liverpool even though the fans hated him for the most part, and he wasn't even a starter in the UEFA Champions League X-Box game i first bought, to play with anyone other than Australia (had only ever casually played internationals/World Cups on Fifa/PES...
Funny you say that, my grandmother was a big Boro fan (Mum's side is from Yorkshire) and she tried to get me hooked on them...but I never caught on. I began supporting Liverpool back in the 90's after simulating a knockout tournament on FIFA which ended up with Liverpool beating Leeds 2-1 in the final, looking back now thank goodness that was the case!

Apr 19, 2005
The Pub
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
UQ AFC (My only true team)
I've been gone for a bit from this page since I lost interest in BigFooty due to footy.

I'm bloody sad that we couldn't get it done, but unfortunately I had a gut feeling about 6 or so weeks ago that this was going to be the case. Its brought back memories of 13/14 as it was again so close, yet so far.

I am going to be trying to find a place here in Townsville to watch the game in a couple of weeks. We bloody deserve some silverware for the year, but it ain't going to be easy. I'm bloody nervous, even with recent record against the Spurs.

Mar 4, 2002
In a state of flux
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool, Red Sox, Melbourne Storm
Rumoured third kit

Screen-Shot-2019-05-16-at-12.14.19.jpg

_M_16_

Premiership Player
Nov 26, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Liv FC, LA Rams, Pitt Pen, Michigan
To be honest I don't mind that kit, even if its quite different to what we are used to. That shade of color works well with the black. We will hardly ever see it either way.

Though I wonder if that's the real color haha. I once bought a pair of white shoes with exactly those colored laces, only to get them in the mail and they were actually lime green, some colors don't seem to show up well in photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back