Can Richmond still be a contender this season?

Where will Richmond finish at the end of the H&A season?

• 1-4

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • 5-8

Votes: 60 45.8%
  • Miss Finals

Votes: 45 34.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JAKLAUGHING

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Nov 20, 2008
Vilnius
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
TASMANIAN DEBILS!!!
long way to go yet, if we were 4-3 with our best side in each week there'd be concerns, but it's pretty much a 2nd string side & we are still holding around 50% on win/loss atm so still in a good position.
That's so true...if it was our best side going sheet...I'd be...
giphy.gif

Apr 15, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Yes, but that's still an exception rather than the norm.
Of course, the better half of the 8 should be top 4. On the other hand it felt like losing the qf would have benefitted us last year to keep continuity up. So if a good team hits form at the end of the year and with the amount of upsets we've already seen this season, there's as good a chance as ever that it comes from outside top 4.

Waca Jr

Premiership Player
Mar 6, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
If we had a fit list maybe. Even blokes in the vfl are going down. Calling it now Grigg won't play again and really don't mind.

Ceehook

Club Legend
Oct 3, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
clearly if we keep getting injuries and don't for get Moore in the VFL we will cease to be a contender and some teams do have s**t years and we are in the middle of one

to be a contender we have to hit September in really good form

to be in good form(as a team) I'd say we need the last 6 games to be stable injury wise , and maybe 8 weeks

with 8 games to go we need to be around 50% win/loss

we are around 50% now and have to maintain that

coming are Freo, Hawks, Bomb, Norf , Geel , Crows

50% of those on exposed form is achievable

at this stage in 2017 nobody was tipping us for the flag
we now know we have the cattle and it can click into gear in the second half of the season

biaseddustyfan

|17🏆|18🏆|19🏆|20🏆|21🏆|22🏆|23🏆|24🏆|25🏆|
May 15, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Dusty
wonder if they will change the rules back if we win this year?

it's funny how the new rules have all failed miserably but they have barely talked about it or the low scoring. reckon if we were 7-0 with massive % but every other game was the same result as it has been this year they would be talking about changing the rules back already

Just get 6 wins before the halfway mark and we are in with a real chance.

Keep Believin’ Tiger Army!

Not that confident this week,umpires will swallow whistles and call “play on” and do the “I’m sorry Richmond” trick,more worried about them than Freo.

Feb 9, 2009
Footscray
AFL Club
Richmond
There’s too much of a gap between our best and worst footy lads.
What are your thoughts and help prove me wrong ...... please!
Our best has only appeared for 3 maybe 4 quarters this year. If it appeared half the time instead (ie 2 quarters a game) it would still probably be enough to contend even if the gap between our best and worst didn't change. Problem is that it's 90% our worst, which at some point has to be considered our normal simply because it comprises the way we play most of the time. As long as that is the case, we are struggling for finals let alone contending.

Dec 18, 2005
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
With Stack, Ross, Bolton, Balta, Baker all cementing a spot since Round 3 and Cotchin, Vlastion, Reiwoldt, Rance, Rioli, Short all returning we'll be the best team in the comp again soon. Don't forget Naish, Collier Dawkins and Soldo all will be coming in for more excitement over the next 3 weeks. :D

I said this on the podcast this week, but if we can manage to scrape enough wins together to land inside the 8, even if it is 5th - 8th and we start to get our players back towards the end of the year that I wouldn't fear playing anyone in finals and we could cause some serious damage from outside the 8 if we can make it.

this young group just need to keep on bringing the pressure each week and take each game as it comes.

Back