Prediction Round nine, team changes for the saints

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't pretend to have any medical knowledge but if this issue is still lingering now it would stand to reason it's quite serious, or am I totally incorrect?
I think your fears are real based on what suspect, how can it not be a concern if he is still struggling with the same shin problem as last year, hope it's not stress fracture related

There was talk on here that his low minutes were injury related?

Wills? Haven’t heard or read that....maybe?

Possibly Elliot was also limited if his hamstring was showing evidence of tightness.

It’s always tough to get multiple in game injuries. Pies struggled with that 3 or 4 times early last season and I have no doubt it contributed to our slow start. It might have cost us a home QF and therefore also a premiership!!!

Bucks press conference:

- JDG likely to get picked but didn't complete the session. Will be given up until game time but is a slight worry he didn't complete the session.
- Cox won't be picked
- Aish available
- Mayne good to go
- Beams good to go
- Adams tracking ahead of schedule, might see him before the bye
- No mention of Quaynor

I think your fears are real based on what suspect, how can it not be a concern if he is still struggling with the same shin problem as last year, hope it's not stress fracture related
We don't know if it's the same injury at all. Remember he had foot/ankle ligament problems in the pre-season and it seems that it's more likely that this is the injury that is being referred to as what he is "carrying".

It fits with what happened later in the game last week after he kicked the soccered goal and one of those blue oaths fell across his legs. He got up a little ginger from that as his foot got caught underneath.

Bucks press conference:

- JDG likely to get picked but didn't complete the session. Will be given up until game time but is a slight worry he didn't complete the session.
- Cox won't be picked
- Aish available
- Mayne good to go
- Beams good to go
- No mention of Quaynor

Thanks!

Wills? Haven’t heard or read that....maybe?

Possibly Elliot was also limited if his hamstring was showing evidence of tightness.

It’s always tough to get multiple in game injuries. Pies struggled with that 3 or 4 times early last season and I have no doubt it contributed to our slow start. It might have cost us a home QF and therefore also a premiership!!!
Pretty good effort to so convincingly dominate that last quarter.

Bucks press conference:

- Cox won't be picked
- Aish available
- Mayne good to go
- Beams good to go
- No mention of Quaynor
Based on this:
Out: Elliott, Wills
In: Beams, Varcoe/Wells

According to Bucks not the same injury as last year but still an injury he has carried most of the year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bucks press conference:

- Cox won't be picked
- Aish available
- Mayne good to go
- Beams good to go
- No mention of Quaynor

Did you happen to catch the line that got a chuckle when Buckley talked about treading on Walsh’s injury report turf?

I know we are already missing a few for this game but if De Goey isn't right then rest him. Too important to turn a persistent niggle into a more chronic injury.

Don't want to lose to the Aints... but don't want to win the battle, only to lose the war.

Ben Collins from AFL.com.au just tweeted saying JDG, Beams, Aish, Mayne and Thomas all look fine.

You'd reckon Aish would need to return via the VFL now. He's missed too much footy and Greenwood has been good holding that position.

Last edited:
Do we need to read into the fact that JDG "didn't finish the session" or was that purely load rating? Like a "only do 75 percent of training" type thing, or did he suddenly decide he was too sore to finish? Anyone see?
I wasn't there but it certainly seems like the former.

Bucks press conference:

- Cox won't be picked
- Aish available
- Mayne good to go
- Beams good to go
- No mention of Quaynor
Backs:
Langdon Moore Roughead Howe
Maynard Crisp Greenwood Aish

Mids:
Grundy Pendlebury Treloar Beams
Mayne Sidebottom Phillips Brown

Forwards:
WHE Mihocek Stephenson
Reid De Goey Thomas

Emer:
Sier Quaynor Varcoe Daicos

Inj:
Adams Cox Elliott Appleby Murphy T Brown Scharenberg Dunn Murray

Last edited:
Can't take what Treloar says seriously. He wasn't even aware Elliott had an issue until the media told him

On SM-G935F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Go to love his positivity. When he tore both of his own hammies off the bone, he didn't think there was an issue. "No worries Bucks. It's just cramp. I'll be playing next week."

So if we accept

Beams for Elliott

And the likelihood that De Goey doesn’t play (but named tonight) who gets the emergency spot for him?

That is the question.

I can see the 4 named emergencies are going to be of great fascination.

(All the possible candidates for emergencies:

Wells, Goldsack, Aish, Varcoe, Daicos, Quaynor, Sier, Crocker.

From there four will be named with one jumping in for De Goey.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back