Caj

Premiership Player
Jul 23, 2004
Fitzroy
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Liverpool
it was two games when I wrote that, and yes, like I said, he's now injury prone. Injury prone players don't win too many Colemans, and sadly that is what he's become.

Fair enough I didn't notice that, I don't think he's got another Coleman in him, but he's still going to kick goals and win games for us even as he ages.

As for the whole thread, its pointless, Buddy isn't going anywhere just because Robert Murphy writes an article suggesting it would be a good idea

Caj

Premiership Player
Jul 23, 2004
Fitzroy
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Liverpool
Traded away their long-term prosperity for short-term gains with this back-loaded 9 year deal. Will only hurt the swans more as they get deeper into it.

Its already did its damage to the salary cap and we lost Mumford, Mitchell etc. I'm sorry to burst your bubble but it isn't going to do any further damage as the overall TPP also increases in these years, and we've got a number of retirements at the end of this year. In fact we'll be in a position to poach a highly paid player.

Sep 17, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Red wings, Tigers, Patriots
One thing is for sure, he would have attracted another 10,000 fairweathers to the game on Sunday.
14,000 in attendance for a game at the MCG is disgraceful.

Good for him. Crowd wasn’t good and people jump off when teams not doing well, I’m not going to defend it.

Fact remains, I hope he stays at Sydney

4THAWN

Club Legend
Mar 25, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Its already did its damage to the salary cap and we lost Mumford, Mitchell etc. I'm sorry to burst your bubble but it isn't going to do any further damage as the overall TPP also increases in these years, and we've got a number of retirements at the end of this year. In fact we'll be in a position to poach a highly paid player.

buddy was being paid less than 1m or thereabouts up until 2018/19. He has been kicking 60/65 goals a year for 1m. Will now be kicking 45 for 1.3m

Tedeski

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 2, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Mava Fan Cooler
Nah. He/Sydney have made their bed and they can lie in it

Even if he wasn't Buddy, why would we give a big contract to a 33yo injury prone forward when our premiership window has closed?

Because you now "play boring football" & attract a smaller crowd than the "franchise clubs"!:)

Strauchanside

Team Captain
May 19, 2012
Ballarat
AFL Club
Carlton
Prediction on this, Franklin will limp to the 1000 goal mark either late next year or early 2021 and hang up the boots. He's just about done body wise. Hawks would be mad to take him back.

Pessimistic

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts HBF's Milk Crate - 70k Posts TheBrownDog
Sep 13, 2000
Melbourne cricket ground. Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
Prediction on this, Franklin will limp to the 1000 goal mark either late next year or early 2021 and hang up the boots. He's just about done body wise. Hawks would be mad to take him back.

Had a good run for a key forward.

Watch this space where the afl do somersaults to help out sydney with the dead weight

Wesley2

Premiership Player
May 22, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Had a good run for a key forward.

Watch this space where the afl do somersaults to help out sydney with the dead weight

It would be impossible to allow Sydney out of that contract.

It would cause massive issues with RFA integrity.

It allowed Swans to get Buddy in his prime without trading, therefore not affecting them getting a top 3 pick in Mills.

Jeffy would go on a war path if that happens, whether he was still HFC president or not. Other clubs would, too. I kind of hope it does happen haha

It allowed Swans to get Buddy in his prime without trading, therefore not affecting them getting a top 3 pick in Mills.

Jeffy would go on a war path if that happens, whether he was still HFC president or not. Other clubs would, too. I kind of hope it does happen haha
And the AFL would say here's a bag of dicks. Eat as many as you like because this s**t is ticked off. Tick tick tickety tick.

Would just be another shining light of the AFL's corruption and bull****. Hopefully something will end up with them in court. The AFL needs a shake up.

Wesley2

Premiership Player
May 22, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
And the AFL would say here's a bag of dicks. Eat as many as you like because this **** is ticked off. Tick tick tickety tick.

Dillon said the AFL acknowledged that the nature of the nine-year deal was an unprecedented commitment of TPP funds to a single player over such a contract length, and as a result it sought written guarantees from all members of the Sydney board as well as its senior management.

These included:

• "An explicit acknowledgement that the long-term specific financial commitment over the nine-year agreement will apply to the Swans' total player payments for each of the nine years, regardless of how many years Franklin is available to play for the club."

• "The Swans' board and senior management will be required to meet with the AFL on an annual basis specifically to review how the club is managing its salary cap obligations in regards to the Franklin contract."

• "An assurance the board has been provided with all information it required to properly assess the contract offer, including medical reviews and financial planning around the club's long-term salary-cap position."

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/sp...e/news-story/0c7a141bcd96ed14358b98de4f4168e7

Tick tick tickety tick :thumbsu:

Body looks gone anyway

Why would they even consider it

Have you seen the Hawks key forward stocks? An injured Franklin is still better then what the Hawks currently have right now.

This isn’t to say that he’s coming back, but if he turned around at the end of the year and said he wanted to come back and play for Hawthorn again, then I have no doubt that Hawthorn would take him back without any hesitation.

Hawthorn have the cap space to accommodate most of his salary with plenty of retirements coming up. Stranger things have happened before.

Back