Preview Rnd 9 - Carlton v GWS 4.40PM Sunday 19th May @ GIA - Final Team Post #547

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pointers are that we'll do well against GWS.
Win? Lose? Could be closer than people think.

The real test though looks likely to be the following week against The Saints.
The club can't afford to lose that one. Can't afford to lose any although we will, but to lose against The Saints could really hurt.

Jun 4, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
This from campusmorningmail.com.au:

https://campusmorningmail.com.au/news/cheap-seats/

"Macquarie U’s student-site has a $5 ticket offer for the Greater Western Sydney v Carlton game on Sunday. Presumably students at club partner Western Sydney U already have season tickets."

Sounds like a lock-in crowd planned...
Most people at Gws games are there for free or stupidly discounted prices.

Danny88

Premiership Player
Mar 21, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
Most people at Gws games are there for free or stupidly discounted prices.
That has certainly been true in the past but not recently. Membership just tipped over 26000 but a lot are 3 game members so it is hard to convince them to come when one of those is already sydney derby and then teams like the pies are coming later in the year. I think thats on offer this week because they might struggle to convince people that this game is worth watching.

Personally I love watching Carlton play as I am invested in your development, but for many fans new to the game they just wont see it that way

Macca43

Premiership Player
Mar 10, 2011
AFL Club
Carlton
That has certainly been true in the past but not recently. Membership just tipped over 26000 but a lot are 3 game members so it is hard to convince them to come when one of those is already sydney derby and then teams like the pies are coming later in the year. I think thats on offer this week because they might struggle to convince people that this game is worth watching.

Personally I love watching Carlton play as I am invested in your development, but for many fans new to the game they just wont see it that way

Nothing better than those members that are tough to convince to actually come to games.

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
If you are coming to the game

We have Track work on the rail.

Buses replace trains between;

Richmond and Granville
StMarys and Granville
Carlingford and Clyde
North shore line ends at Wynyard instead of Epping.

On the intercity trains

Buses between Penrith and Central

If arriving by airplane, the Airport line and Central to Lidcombe is fine.

All the best in your travels.

Aug 26, 2004
CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"

Love your avatar Danny :tearsofjoy:

152135.jpg

blue healer

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 25, 2010
wagga wagga
AFL Club
Carlton
If you are coming to the game

We have Track work on the rail.

Buses replace trains between;

Richmond and Granville
StMarys and Granville
Carlingford and Clyde
North shore line ends at Wynyard instead of Epping.

On the intercity trains

Buses between Penrith and Central

If arriving by airplane, the Airport line and Central to Lidcombe is fine.

All the best in your travels.

If going from Wynyard (after B1) is there a direct train or do you still need to change at Granville?

From Wynyard you don't go past Granville so there are direct trains to Lidcombe.

Then of course the Olympic Park train from there.
any chance of a rail disruption cup played between our mobs?

It's actually the "Welcome" game, sought of a carry on from Multicultural Round.

But yeah track work always kills our games.

They always seem to have a western Sydney line getting done when we have a game on
hear that - melbourne has never been less welcoming - seems every 100 metres there's a road worker with a stop sign - still............cripps......

Macca43

Premiership Player
Mar 10, 2011
AFL Club
Carlton
Bit like the hawthorn ones last week at the g?

The Hawks pulled 14k on mothers day against the second lowest drawing team in the comp, you blokes average 13k per home game this year. I think part of the reason you performed so badly was that your players were awestruck at playing in front of such a big crowd.

Danny88

Premiership Player
Mar 21, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
The Hawks pulled 14k on mothers day against the second lowest drawing team in the comp, you blokes average 13k per home game this year. I think part of the reason you performed so badly was that your players were awestruck at playing in front of such a big crowd.
You say crowd numbers like they are insults

Why do you care about the hawks so passionately?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back