Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
Just listened to Purple's podcast chat with Vossy-

1) He still calls Brisbane home.
2) He would like to be a head coach again.
3) In hindsight it was too early to take the Lions job.
4) Nathan Buckley had a big positive influence on him during his time at the Bears re professionalism and intensity.
5) He regrets the handling of Daniel Bradshaw's departure.
6) Akermanis had to go in the end for the benefit of the group, Lethal told a few of the boys to view him as a consultant who bought a particular set of skills to the group.
7) Lethal's great skill was his never ending pragmatism, Vossy never won an argument with him.
8) Of the players playing today he thinks Isaac Heeney plays most life him.

lioninthesand

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 22, 2016
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Elani Glouftsis dropped. Sorry, I know she has been a talking point and has her supporters here, but she is without doubt the worst AFL umpire I have seen and her last few games have been circus level bad. Leaves calls in big moments, makes big calls that are so obviously wrong, zero feel for HTB. She was dropped because 2 of of calls gifted goals to WC last week, well.. her last 10 minutes in Carlton VS GC game was way worse.

lioninthesand

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 22, 2016
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Listening to Hodge on SEN. He is planning to make Brissy home long term. Is loving the kids school, is involved in the local footy club and they have made a friend network up there. By the sounds of it, coaching is well and truely on his agenda too. Would love a Fages hand over to Hodge scenario if it was doing properly over a number of years. There is zero doubt he is going to be a generational talent in the coaching rhelm with his ability to direct, his footy knowledge and ability to make people walk taller.

bungalow_bill

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 11, 2010
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Elani Glouftsis dropped. Sorry, I know she has been a talking point and has her supporters here, but she is without doubt the worst AFL umpire I have seen and her last few games have been circus level bad. Leaves calls in big moments, makes big calls that are so obviously wrong, zero feel for HTB. She was dropped because 2 of of calls gifted goals to WC last week, well.. her last 10 minutes in Carlton VS GC game was way worse.

I've never heard umpires being dropped before. How often does this happen?

I've never heard umpires being dropped before. How often does this happen?
Seems to be at least two or three times a year. Usually not a big deal, though obviously this'll be different.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
Dropped my grandson off at training this afternoon and the team were mucking around before training starts and most of them were milling around bumping/shaking posts and a few of them were attempting the Rampe Clamber.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
I just watched the Front Bar and the segment with Aker was quite funny but I wish he hadn't been so forthcoming with the reason he got sacked from an Indigenous media network, all hell could break loose although I suppose it'll be water off a ducks back to Aker.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
How did he look and sound to you when he spoke? I forget which thread I saw it, but someone said he looked funny and sounded weird like he'd had a stroke or something..
He looked and sounded like the normal cocksure irreverent Aka to me. They played a few highlights of his and gee he was a Gun.

In Vossys interview with purple the other day he was saying that at 3/4 time of the 2003 GF Aker was saying he had the Norm Smith wrapped up, gotta love Aker.

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
Season leaders by draft class (min 5 games).

EFF2FA1E-8A0B-4944-8484-9C34BE3836E5.png

Milpool

Cam Rayner Fanclub Jr. Vice President
Oct 23, 2017
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I thought the Alert segment on The Front Bar was pretty good. You know what you're gonna get out of him and he didn't disappoint. It's easily my favourite AFL show in general, I can't not laugh at Mick Molloy. One of the funniest people around for no reason at all. The episode a couple of weeks earlier with Nicky Winmar was good too.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
LOL, on SEN they were talking about the farcical decision by the AFL to leave the climbing the goal post decision down to umpire interpretation and not just make a black and white rule that you can't climb the post...>>D'oh AFL.

They were calling for nominations for someone to climb the post this weekend-

Kane Cornes- I'll do it, I was a fireman.
Reply- Yer for 2 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back