Jun 6, 2015
Now Sydney
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Essendon, GWS & Giants Womens
picture tells a thousand words

Eddie+Mcguire+AFL+Preliminary+Final+Richmond+zBK9LVScosdl.jpg
That was from our ANZAC Day loss. There were tongues in later shots.

KevDawg

EFC & GWS
Jun 6, 2015
Now Sydney
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Essendon, GWS & Giants Womens
Pretty clear the 10k is the make an example and appease everyone upset with the afls stance, pretending they are all tough on Rampe, yet the 1k suspended is intentionally weak so they can claim the goal post issue wasn't a big deal. Typical manipulation of the 'optics'. ******* bunch of stooges. Gillion is pathetic. No better that the last crook that run the show.

Edit..
Booooooooooo
They just look incompetent.

Apr 11, 2002
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Iggles, Georgia.
Just shown on 360 at the last bounce we had 5-6-6 with Francis running off the bench. Great tactic and nearly worked. Legal? The panel couldn’t decide.

Interesting one. I had assumed teams must have 6 in each designated area but looks like no, it's ok to go with 5. Maybe 4 is ok to? 3? Or did an umpire simply make another mistake & not award a legitimate free kick:think: Maybe the Rampe non payment was a square up!:straining:

Albertross

Club Legend
Feb 26, 2015
North of the border
AFL Club
Essendon
Interesting one. I had assumed teams must have 6 in each designated area but looks like no, it's ok to go with 5. Maybe 4 is ok to? 3? Or did an umpire simply make another mistake & not award a legitimate free kick:think: Maybe the Rampe non payment was a square up!:straining:
There was an incident earlier in the year, that I think involved us, as a player ran from the interchange to take up his position in the forward line. As the umpire was about to restart the game, it meant we had 7 in the mudfield and copped a warning for it. Maybe we learnt from that episode and delayed Francis coming on, or maybe it was a cunning piece of play within the rules.

Apr 11, 2002
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Iggles, Georgia.
So Xavier Campbell was on SEN this morning & confirmed the club has written to the afl seeking clarification on the whole debacle. Be good if they share the reply.

Also said the 556 was most likely a mistake, didn't want frang rushing on & risking a free kick.

Oct 22, 2008
Geelong
AFL Club
Essendon
There was an incident earlier in the year, that I think involved us, as a player ran from the interchange to take up his position in the forward line. As the umpire was about to restart the game, it meant we had 7 in the mudfield and copped a warning for it. Maybe we learnt from that episode and delayed Francis coming on, or maybe it was a cunning piece of play within the rules.
Anzac day

Jul 6, 2002
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Arsenal, Pacers

I don't think they can stop you having less, given you might have injuries or players taking concussion tests.

Liberator

Club Legend
Oct 24, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
This is the bit that pisses me off, and that shows why the AFL need to finally pull their heads out of their collective arses and actually re-establish the laws of the game so that umpires, players, coaches and fans know what the **** is going on.

We get that umpiring is hard, most of us will understand and get over the fact that mistakes are made in a stupidly high paced game played on a huge surface, but when you lie and tell us everything is fine when it's clearly not, then it means you are taking us for suckers.
The saga nearly drove me away from the sport I love and have played/watched/participated in for the past 30 years. I have a feeling the current AFL Administration might finally be able to push me over the edge
Yes, me too. And the umpiring even affects my ability to watch non-Essendon matches without rage quitting... it’s the lack of transparency and responsibility afterwards.

Yes, me too. And the umpiring even affects my ability to watch non-Essendon matches without rage quitting... it’s the lack of transparency and responsibility afterwards.
It's the subjective judgment of the rules that upsets me. All the "intention" which requires the umpire not to adjudicate according to what he/she sees but what he/she sees as consequential to the intention of the player. It means that all decisions can be signed off as correct, even those which clearly contravene the rules. It means that the umpires also directly impact the result. In the post climbing infringement, the umpire's decision not to award the free directly resulted from the umpire making a decision that Myers' kick on goal was a long shot. There is no other reason that the free was not awarded.

May 8, 2018
Shanghai
AFL Club
Essendon
The umpires are always terrified of making a decision that could change the outcome of the game. A non-decision is always the safest option in that regard. It’s a crap result but it will always be thus unfortunately

Back