Bluemour Discussion Thread XVI - Facts Not Welcome

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting with the rumour about the Bulldogs targeting one of our top 5 players. I was thinking no chance with their salary cap, now with Boyd retiring could be interesting.

they'd be silly not to target Curnow or McKay. Imagine one of them up forward with Naughton?

Unless we completely implode in the back half of the year I can't see them leaving. We'd have as much cap space available anyway, we should be able to match any offer.

I feel like it would be McKay, Curnow has Ed which is another reason to stay.

We already had plenty of cap space before Boyd retiring, but now we are looking at anywhere from $1.5 - $2 million unaccounted for. Obviously the club would have known this is coming, which makes me think that this "top 5 player" may not be the Jones/Kreuzer some of us guessed. McKay seems the logical choice, and would be an orgasmic pairing with Naughton.

Carlton wouldn't let him go without a fight, but we have the currency in terms of cap space and picks to make it happen. Our 2020 1st would almost certainly be involved if a deal were to happen considering we have a decent academy player likely to go early in that draft. Just a matter of what else comes with that pick, because if I were SOS I'd be asking for something like Dunkley + 2020 1st in return for McKay + steak knives

We already had plenty of cap space before Boyd retiring, but now we are looking at anywhere from $1.5 - $2 million unaccounted for. Obviously the club would have known this is coming, which makes me think that this "top 5 player" may not be the Jones/Kreuzer some of us guessed. McKay seems the logical choice, and would be an orgasmic pairing with Naughton.

Carlton wouldn't let him go without a fight, but we have the currency in terms of cap space and picks to make it happen. Our 2020 1st would almost certainly be involved if a deal were to happen considering we have a decent academy player likely to go early in that draft. Just a matter of what else comes with that pick, because if I were SOS I'd be asking for something like Dunkley + 2020 1st in return for McKay + steak knives
Given we are virtually fielding an under 23 side, what makes you think we haven’t got plenty of cap space to match any offer?

Given we are virtually fielding an under 23 side, what makes you think we haven’t got plenty of cap space to match any offer?
Of course you will, but nowhere near what we'd have considering we already had ample space, and have now added up to $1 million per season to that amount. Regardless, I don't imagine $ value is really going to be the big issue here.

If McKay did cross over, it would likely involve the direction that each club is taking in the next couple of years (his role in the team, whether he thinks the Dogs are more likely to see success sooner, etc.)

If I were SOS i'd be telling the Westerb Bulldofs to * off on the horse they road in on.

We'll be keeping our youth and adding a key free-agent or mature player via trade and be done with it.

No one important is leaving this club.

Of course you will, but nowhere near what we'd have considering we already had ample space, and have now added up to $1 million per season to that amount. Regardless, I don't imagine $ value is really going to be the big issue here.

If McKay did cross over, it would likely involve the direction that each club is taking in the next couple of years (his role in the team, whether he thinks the Dogs are more likely to see success sooner, etc.)
Has Brackets and Charlie to help split the defenders, why would he go to your club just to cop a double and triple team defence each week?

If I were SOS i'd be telling the Westerb Bulldofs to **** off on the horse they road in on.

We'll be keeping our youth and adding a key free-agent or mature player via trade and be done with it.

No one important is leaving this club.
Righto mate, you can tell yourself that all you like, but ultimately it's not up to the list managers. If someone is OOC and wants to go, they'll go. Sometimes trades happen, it's just part of footy. I'm not suggesting the rumours are true at all, just there's no need to get so defensive over hypotheticals

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Tom feels like returning at some stage in the next few years, we may have a ruck position available in a contending team?
tdk raises an eyebrow at this........

Has Brackets and Charlie to help split the defenders, why would he go to your club just to cop a double and triple team defence each week?
Well he wouldn't considering we have Naughton who would take the number 1 defender, plus Schache would function as a 3rd tall. If McKay got triple teamed in that setup, the opposition defence would have to be monumentally *ed. Doesn't matter anyway, it's all just rumours

Righto mate, you can tell yourself that all you like, but ultimately it's not up to the list managers. If someone is OOC and wants to go, they'll go. Sometimes trades happen, it's just part of footy. I'm not suggesting the rumours are true at all, just there's no need to get so defensive over hypotheticals
depends how far the hypotheticals are taken doesn't it? I could suggest bont will more than likely leave the dogs for a team in contention next year........

Given what transpired with Tom Boyd the dogs are the last team SOS will work with to get a deal done for a player like Harry.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

depends how far the hypotheticals are taken doesn't it? I could suggest bont will more than likely leave the dogs for a team in contention next year........
Who said anything about "more than likely"? This is just a hypothetical: read it as "if McKay were to leave, then.. "

Given what transpired with Tom Boyd the dogs are the last team SOS will work with to get a deal done for a player like Harry.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
What do you mean? If anything, GWS could a ridiculous return at the trade table (Griffen in his prime + Pick 6 is arguably one of the heftiest prices ever paid for a player)

We would want the Bont- seems a logical choice , and would be an orgasmic pairing with Cripps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back