Prediction Changes v Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

I've seen this emergency sop to the fans too many times to be lured in yet. My attendance Sunday is still conditional on both of Marshall and Frampton playing. I've no interest in trading watching one KPF being double teamed and a ruck with another KPF double teamed and a ruck, whilst a fleet of sub-par smalls run around our forward line watching the ball go straight back out again.

Long time reader
First time contributor

Got some mail on the ins/outs

For all you Frampton lovers (I'm not one) he's in

Ins will be Garner, Frampton, atley and butters?
Outs will be drew, Johnson, marshall and burton

not sure who takes the last spot I'm assuming butters

Motlop will play
Gray will not play

Are you Andrew Capel because those are the changes he has predicted.

If Billy and Joel play (hehe) I'll be more keen to watch this one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m fully aware of emergencies. I don’t understand why they have to name a squad of 26 and then cut it just for the sake of it.
Surely the most unnecessary and bizarre rule change of the last few years was the move from naming 25 to 26 man squads. Why?

Surely the most unnecessary and bizarre rule change of the last few years was the move from naming 25 to 26 man squads. Why?

So as Essendon can not name Daniher in it's 26 and then play him anyway.

AJ picked last week with less than 10 touches (7 I think) at SANFL level the week before?
Well for one that doesn’t work against my point that he doesn’t select key forwards unless they deserve it.

Secondly he was brought in to provide forward pressure replacing Butters, which he did provide and was doing at sanfl level.

If you were to say it was the wrong decision to bring in Johnson I’d agree, but it wasn’t for no reason. He was providing the form the coaching staff wanted for the role he played.

Well for one that doesn’t work against my point that he doesn’t select key forwards unless they deserve it.

Secondly he was brought in to provide forward pressure replacing Butters, which he did provide and was doing at sanfl level.

If you were to say it was the wrong decision to bring in Johnson I’d agree, but it wasn’t for no reason. He was providing the form the coaching staff wanted for the role he played.
Based on form Aidyn Johnson should never have been selected. Simple as that.

Capel reckons Atley, Frampton, Butters, Garner for Drew, Marshall, Johnson, Burton.
Uggh. So Drew and Marshall out and Spray still in. So just enough change to stop a complete riot from the masses, without really addressing the issues. So uninspiring, a real Ken selection special if so.

Don’t understand why you drop Marshall for Frampton, he’ll play so much better with Framptons help up forward. If he doesn’t perform with Frampton there that’s when you drop him and fair enough.
Because if Frampton and Marshall do perform together and our forward line looks cohesive Ken looks a fool for selections from end of 2014 onwards. It's all about Ken, not what's best for Port at this stage. Either that or he's just completely unwilling to learn from failure. Or both.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back