2019 Training Reports

Alota

Debutant
Dec 17, 2008
Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Maybe you could go to training and post a report.
That’s a bit hard when you don’t live in Perth. Humor, sense, get some.

If it makes you feel more at home, I can make personal insults at you and request the mods to delete one in every two of your posts.
Now that sounds familiar. Lol.

That’s a bit hard when you don’t live in Perth. Humor, sense, get some.
I think you missed my point.

JBMAN

Team Captain
Aug 8, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
Can we please get back onto the training reports. I think we're a bit off topic.

p.s. Brennan Cox gets my vote.

I do a report once a week on FB, here is this weeks for anyone interested.

Training today:
Very light training session today which started with Luke Valente in the middle of the group for his birthday, some very robust singing and cheering coming from the group.. Good standard overall with mainly circle work, lot of kicking and some goal kicking. Harley was in full training and he looks as sharp as a tack, his skills are a level up on most other players. Will he hold up? history says no, can only hope. I believe he is set to play with Peel this week. S Hill was out there doing extensive sprints and run throughs and some nice kicking. Shane Kersten was also out there looking very strong, he will be a handy depth player because of his versatility. Didn't see Ballantyne, Walters ( sure they are managing his knee) or Sandilands. Hamling and Mundy ran a few laps but didn't join in the full training. They looked ok. I took interest in some ruck excercises with Meek, Jones and Darcy where they had to tap the ball, pick it up and then pick up another ball and sprint back about 30 metres or so. What caught my interest was how hard Darcy went at it and how the other two not so much. I think Darcy is really trying to impress to regain his spot. Blakely looked more than ready to resume and the big question is who comes out? Maybe Collyer I think. Sturt has great skills and pace, really looking forward to seeing him play, probably not till next season and also Carter looks really pacy and highly skilled. There is a lot to like about this developing squad thats only going to get better as time goes by. The whole session was quite slick and the players very vocal, seems to be a good team spirit developing. The only not so good part was the kicking for goal, it was very windy but Tabs in particular was off. Harley the best by far and Sturt also was good. Cheers

stax on the mull

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 26, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Matildas
Football operations manager Joseph Brierty was on Sport FM on Friday morning and he said that Harley is due back in a week or so.

Lots of training pics from Fridays session on the website. Sonny in bright yellow boots.

Last edited:
Anybody attend training this morning?

coogan shrug.gif

JBMAN

Team Captain
Aug 8, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle

Training Today:
Very short session in wet and windy conditions. Mainly just circle work and a small amount of match sims which was ok considering the weather. Sandilands made a brief appearance running laps, no S Hill or Kersten. Harley participated in all activities and he sure does tease you with his skill. Looks as fit as he is going to get so the next few weeks will tell the story. Blakely trained solidly and looks ready to play, I think he will. Fyfe didn't have his black sleave on so maybe thats the end of that, he looked sharp as he always does, same with Mundy and Walters. There was a brief period of kicking for goal and I would love to say it was better than last week, but it wasn't. I dont know if they have other sessions where they practice this, but if they don't, they should. It was wet and windy but the shots were terrible and from pretty close to goal. Taberner was having extra ruck training which suggests Darcy won't be playing. I think they have to play him soon. There was some kicking into packs with the forwards leading at the kicker but they seem intent on kicking to the back of the pack, Hogan made some great leads and was ignored each time, I find that strange. Speaking of Hogan he, as always, was one of the last to leave the track and did some marking practice jumping up on the blocking pads. He is working hard and is only a matter of time before he takes hold of a game. Will be very interesting to see the list this afternoon, I'm tipping there will be some changes. Blakely to come in, McCarthy to add pace to the forward line, probably at Cox's expense. Blakely if he plays could replace either Conca or Colyer. I didn't notice anyone carrying an injury so I don't think there will be more than two changes but apparently Rossy was very unhappy with last weeks loss and he may look at other changes. I'm tipping us again. Cheers

Training Today:
Very short session in wet and windy conditions. Mainly just circle work and a small amount of match sims which was ok considering the weather. Sandilands made a brief appearance running laps, no S Hill or Kersten. Harley participated in all activities and he sure does tease you with his skill. Looks as fit as he is going to get so the next few weeks will tell the story. Blakely trained solidly and looks ready to play, I think he will. Fyfe didn't have his black sleave on so maybe thats the end of that, he looked sharp as he always does, same with Mundy and Walters. There was a brief period of kicking for goal and I would love to say it was better than last week, but it wasn't. I dont know if they have other sessions where they practice this, but if they don't, they should. It was wet and windy but the shots were terrible and from pretty close to goal. Taberner was having extra ruck training which suggests Darcy won't be playing. I think they have to play him soon. There was some kicking into packs with the forwards leading at the kicker but they seem intent on kicking to the back of the pack, Hogan made some great leads and was ignored each time, I find that strange. Speaking of Hogan he, as always, was one of the last to leave the track and did some marking practice jumping up on the blocking pads. He is working hard and is only a matter of time before he takes hold of a game. Will be very interesting to see the list this afternoon, I'm tipping there will be some changes. Blakely to come in, McCarthy to add pace to the forward line, probably at Cox's expense. Blakely if he plays could replace either Conca or Colyer. I didn't notice anyone carrying an injury so I don't think there will be more than two changes but apparently Rossy was very unhappy with last weeks loss and he may look at other changes. I'm tipping us again. Cheers
cheers JB!!

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
Training Today:
That's frustrating regarding Hogan's leading being ignored. Obviously a key gameplan directive, to try and kick over the pack. Hogan training like he's playing for Melbourne, which is what forwards should do anyway. Ignoring the leads to try and get a play happening behind is alot of the problem over the past two weeks. Did Ross or coaches stop training to spray them etc?

Jan 23, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
Training Today:

Brilliant Reports. Great work, need to recognise this effort and compliment it more than just a like. Cheers

Back