Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XIII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope you guys don't mind the intrusion. So my local footy team went to the Hanger, chatted with Luke Ball, Dan Richardson etc and watched your mob train. What confused me was that the vibe and skills were awesome, the staff and coaches were very engaging and it just felt like a really good place be and train in. Yet a day later they were torn to pieces by Geelong, and the club looked divided on all fronts. Very confusing from an outsiders point of view.

No pressure see, just a training track. Come gameday & who the hell knows what's going to happen.

Hope you guys don't mind the intrusion. So my local footy team went to the Hanger, chatted with Luke Ball, Dan Richardson etc and watched your mob train. What confused me was that the vibe and skills were awesome, the staff and coaches were very engaging and it just felt like a really good place be and train in. Yet a day later they were torn to pieces by Geelong, and the club looked divided on all fronts. Very confusing from an outsiders point of view.

That's been the word ever since day 1 of this season. Trainings been great, really good vibe but we aren't putting it on field. "Don't worry it will turn" is the vibe we get, yet we are starting to get to a position where the season is nearly half way done and the injuries are starting to mount.

We didn't bank our wins when we had our players and now we are losing them and even if we can turn around our form we might not be a good enough team to win without those injured players. That's when you start having honourable or close losses.

We needed probably 3 wins from this month of footy including the Swans game. We are 0-1 with a blues team growing in confidence, a wounded tigers team that regularly belt us and a Freo team that is defensive enough to give us issues or beat us in a shootout.

Huge. Citing mental health reasons, saying he "doesn't have the passion anymore".

Mental health is no joke, that really sucks for Tom and the Dogs.

His weird 3am Instagram story of drinking Melbourne Bitter was probably a fair indication of where things were, in hindsight.

It's probably been coming for quite awhile.
Hopefully he can get himself right

...suddenly the dogs have a mint of cap space
Yes they will have a heap more dollars in their books, but doesn’t it still count towards the bulldogs cap??
I think the AFL still count the contract even if a player retires (like if Buddy retires now they still have to include his salary even if they weren’t paying him) or is that only for people who were free agents if the retire early??

It looks like the AFL is officially endorsing the "intent is what maters" line with regard to umpiring and the rules, based on their reply to the club.
I'd like to wish the league good luck with their mind-reading powers, but I think I'm pretty much done with AFL football. Will keep supporting the lower leagues but that's about it
I agree, I'm writing to the AFL board to protest the failure of the AFL executive and management to act as responsible custodians of the game which is bigger than the AFL and can exist apart from the AFL.

Yes they will have a heap more dollars in their books, but doesn’t it still count towards the bulldogs cap??
I think the AFL still count the contract even if a player retires (like if Buddy retires now they still have to include his salary even if they weren’t paying him) or is that only for people who were free agents if the retire early??
No I think that is a Sydney only rule, just like being allowed to climb the goal post. It was another vibe decision from memory.

Like we were ever going to get any other answer.

"Yup it was one that was missed and it shouldn't have been. That umpiring team have been spoken to and there's been some additional training, collectivly the umpires have been spoken to about it and they are aware of our expectations, the players are on notice about it, and we'll do everything we can to make sure incidents like this don't get missed in the future."

That's literally all they had to say...

"Yup it was one that was missed and it shouldn't have been. That umpiring team have been spoken to and there's been some additional training, collectivly the umpires have been spoken to about it and they are aware of our expectations, the players are on notice about it, and we'll do everything we can to make sure incidents like this don't get missed in the future."

That's literally all they had to say...
Wait, is that official? That they were saying it was missed? That’s a new level if so because there is clear evidence the infringement wasn’t missed by players or the umpire, he just saw the infringement and decided not to follow the rules.

Wait, is that official? That they were saying it was missed? That’s a new level if so because there is clear evidence the infringement wasn’t missed by players or the umpire, he just saw the infringement and decided not to follow the rules.

No, that's what I'm saying they should have said (or words to that effect).
The AFL is saying that they'll continue to apply the rules based on the 'vibe' at the time

I know it is so far down the list of important things when discussing Tom Boyd at the moment....

But did the Bulldogs just get $1m of Salary cap room now he has retired?

I know it is so far down the list of important things when discussing Tom Boyd at the moment....

But did the Bulldogs just get $1m of Salary cap room now he has retired?

He’s been released from his contract so I reckon he’s got a little bit of a pay out but in short, yeah, now they’ve got lots of room.

I would also add to that that given the timing of it I’ve got little doubt that he got a bit of a push, same with Shaun Grigg.

All of a sudden the Tigers and Bulldogs have another pick in the mid season draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow, just found out Bob Hawke died today via Lawrence Mooney on 360, bizarre stuff
I loved Bob Hawke. Maybe I was young and impressionable, but was the last Australian politician I gave a s**t about in a good way.

In other matters, great win by Storm, thoroughly enjoyed that.

Oh dear.

If they were a political candidate, then their opposition would put that in a smear campaign ad calling them racist 31 years after the fact

They were racist. Head recruiter was told by the board not to recruit players of color.

I do hope they kept that stance going into the 2000s, players like Franklin and Rioli where pretty handy for em
Somehow I think there was a greater good in Hawthorn ending such a racist stance than keeping it because “* Hawthorne”.

I do hope they kept that stance going into the 2000s, players like Franklin and Rioli where pretty handy for em

I’m going to go to bed now. But when I wake up I expect you to figure out why what you’ve said here is silly. You’ve got 7 hours.

Goddamnit doss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back