Portfolio NSL '99 - Design Project - 16/16 TEAMS COMPLETE

Remove this Banner Ad

...and we're finally done!

This has probably been one of my favourite ever portfolios that I've done, so thanks everyone for following along and throwing some likes my way etc. Think I need a bit of a break 'folio-wise after this one though, I'm fresh out of 90s designs for the time being. Although this being said, it brings me to FLO for next season.

Thinking of instead of having FLO with a home and away kit for the next season, I may run it as a total throwback competition. Everyone will design an 80's/90's kit, with a contrasting 70's and prior kit. I'd love to know people's thoughts on the matter. :)
Just came across this thread and your work is top-shelf, mate😎👍

A few observations:

1) As someone posted earlier in the thread, I'd love to see Canberra Cosmos' kit done w/their mid-'90s colour scheme

2) I assume the logo you did for Gippsland Falcons was your own original design...in which case I give you props for nailing the period-appropriate aesthetic of it👍

3) I would've gone w/blue socks for Sydney United's home kit, but it can obv. interchange w/the away

4) The crest you used for Sydney Olympic is an anachronism(it wasn't introduced till around 2005-06, from memory); below is the actual club-logo from 1999/2000:
864ac3d0bb9ab31ba72fdf5488ed2724.png

But otherwise, PERFECT⚠

Just came across this thread and your work is top-shelf, mate😎👍

A few observations:

1) As someone posted earlier in the thread, I'd love to see Canberra Cosmos' kit done w/their mid-'90s colour scheme

2) I assume the logo you did for Gippsland Falcons was your own original design...in which case I give you props for nailing the period-appropriate aesthetic of it👍

3) I would've gone w/blue socks for Sydney United's home kit, but it can obv. interchange w/the away

4) The crest you used for Sydney Olympic is an anachronism(it wasn't introduced till around 2005-06, from memory); below is the actual club-logo from 1999/2000:
864ac3d0bb9ab31ba72fdf5488ed2724.png

But otherwise, PERFECT⚠

Thanks for the feedback. :)

I definitely took a bit of creative license with some of these designs and their logos - that being said I couldn't find that Olympic logo (that's the one I remember as a kid) in a decent enough resolution to attempt to recreate, so just went with the shield based option. Probably a bit late to go back and make any changes at this stage though, this folio is a long way in the rear view.

View attachment 442454

PERTH GLORY

I'm not going to lie - designing this actually made me sad. Why? Because holy **** this would have been a GOAT design for the Glory (I really like my design here, okay?!), and now it may never be. I think this design screams Perth Glory, and screams for the glory days.

Also, credit to Bacon Warrior for making this Glory logo for me long ago. <3

petition for the glory to wear this in the granny on sunday?

I was thinking the same thing.

Wonder if Freitas could whip one up on a Macron template and send it to the club? :think:

Contractually, I can't.

Nothing to stop someone else, though.

Did anyone else used to get a Snickers vibe from this logo back in the day?
P.s..great work FT there's a few teams I forgot existed.

View attachment 427297

BRISBANE STRIKERS

On a personal note, my favourite memory with my late grandma was seeing these guys get thrashed 7-2 by the Glory. On a design note, the Strikers have kept with the lightning bolt moniker through their kits, and have gone with a royal blue home instead of the traditional yellow base.​

Remove this Banner Ad

Back