Interviews, podcasts & upcoming media info [post media articles in relevant threads]

Remove this Banner Ad

On Twitter?

I record all footy programs so don’t miss anything, but like a lot of people with older family members that follow the Lions; they don’t have Twitter.

I don’t recall ever seeing anything on the website (you know, the medium that most older people are limited too) where fans are advised of upcoming media segments by players, coaches etc. Do you?

If the club wants to limit communication to Twitter, then it is only effectively reaching 50-60% of its fan base. But then again, it’s not like the club is really that interested in regularly communicating with its older demographic. Does the consultation re the Paddlepop jumper ring any bells?

I fail to see what the issue is.

The segments are on the website now, as they have been for a few days and people can watch them.

Many people wouldn't see them live anyway, especially on a Mother's Day Sunday, so what's the big problem?

I don't see what the big deal is Dylan12 , yes it would be great if the club was 100% all over every lions appearance in the media but sometimes they won't be. You're on this forum and nothing really gets missed around here. We have someone from the lions communicating here on a daily basis and they seem to want to listen to the feedback. I think the club is doing a really good job.

On Twitter?

I record all footy programs so don’t miss anything, but like a lot of people with older family members that follow the Lions; they don’t have Twitter.

I don’t recall ever seeing anything on the website (you know, the medium that most older people are limited too) where fans are advised of upcoming media segments by players, coaches etc. Do you?

If the club wants to limit communication to Twitter, then it is only effectively reaching 50-60% of its fan base. But then again, it’s not like the club is really that interested in regularly communicating with its older demographic. Does the consultation re the Paddlepop jumper ring any bells?

Are you ok Dylan? Little concerned by your posts towards our great club. Like any big organisation, you never know everything that is happening and you are never able to appease all of your clientele. I reckon you are being a little unreasonable.

On Twitter?

I am not suggesting you make a twitter account, I am suggesting you make sure what you are posting is accurate. It wasn't on this occasion, deal with it and improve next time. Unbelievable argument bringing the paddlepop into it as well. Gee.

On Twitter?

The paddlepop jumper has no relation to communication to older members, that was a failing to consult all members. You're clutching at straws and trying to deflect after you've been made to look a bit silly. Best to just admit you were wrong and walk away.

We're not talking about major club announcements here, we're talking about time relevant information and social media is really the only effective means of communicating that sort of short time lead info on mass.

Finally that was on Facebook of which one of the highest user rates per population is older Australians therefore being one of the more effective means of timely communication to them

The paddlepop jumper has no relation to communication to older members, that was a failing to consult all members. You're clutching at straws and trying to deflect after you've been made to look a bit silly. Best to just admit you were wrong and walk away.

We're not talking about major club announcements here, we're talking about time relevant information and social media is really the only effective means of communicating that sort of short time lead info on mass.

Finally that was on Facebook of which one of the highest user rates per population is older Australians therefore being one of the more effective means of timely communication to them
Yer, I'm an "older Australian" and I'm on Facebook although I only check it every 3-4 days, the only way I know what is going on in the world is Big Footy, lions.com, afl.com, foxsports.com, SEN and my cultural/general knowledge comes from Joe Rogan podcasts and Netflix, BBC, AMC and HBO series.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How am I clutching at straws other than to say, why aren't upcoming media announcements announced on the website or via the weekly / bi-weekly emails the club sends out? Sure, some of these media appearances no doubt are presented within 24 hours, some even with less lead time, which I appreciate is difficult getting out, particularly by email, but is it that hard to get it up on the web, which a lot more older people view than Twitter.

As for Facebook, well again, I know a lot of people that aren't on it, me included (well I have a profile, but I don't use it), but again, is putting such info on the website that hard as a catchall?

How am I clutching at straws other than to say, why aren't upcoming media announcements announced on the website or via the weekly / bi-weekly emails the club sends out? Sure, some of these media appearances no doubt are presented within 24 hours, some even with less lead time, which I appreciate is difficult getting out, particularly by email, but is it that hard to get it up on the web, which a lot more older people view than Twitter.

As for Facebook, well again, I know a lot of people that aren't on it, me included (well I have a profile, but I don't use it), but again, is putting such info on the website that hard as a catchall?

You sound like someone who has no clue on how modern media works. Programming isnt usually planned weeks in advance. Producers make quick calls and often change planning days to even hours out from a broadcast. The club already publishes appearances online on the website. I would hate to be disturbed with emails from the club announcing every 2 minute interview a player scores on whatever vic media there is. Get used to the times grandpa and get on the more two way communicative medias like twitter/facebook. These two institutions have been pretty standard for the past decade I think you need to move on instead of being rude to a media department that is clearly trying their best.

That's a great podcast with Voss - well worth the listen. Still wonder if he might come back and coach us again at some stage down the track. Might just be a sentimental idea though.

You sound like someone who has no clue on how modern media works. Programming isnt usually planned weeks in advance. Producers make quick calls and often change planning days to even hours out from a broadcast. The club already publishes appearances online on the website. I would hate to be disturbed with emails from the club announcing every 2 minute interview a player scores on whatever vic media there is. Get used to the times grandpa and get on the more two way communicative medias like twitter/facebook. These two institutions have been pretty standard for the past decade I think you need to move on instead of being rude to a media department that is clearly trying their best.

Unnecessary dribble.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back