News 2019 St Kilda Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You gotta love these "leaks" from managers, eh Brutus?
Classic Paul Conners.
Things going too easy so two weeks after we hear Billings doesnt even want to talk to other clubs, he just puts some doubt out into the public sphere to help himself get a bigger cut.
Got to admire it. Thats a man who is good at his job.

Classic Paul Conners.
Things going too easy so two weeks after we hear Billings doesnt even want to talk to other clubs, he just puts some doubt out into the public sphere to help himself get a bigger cut.
Got to admire it. Thats a man who is good at his job.

Player managers are snake oil salesmen.

Tom Morris said Billings is continuing to delay contract negotiations and some clubs may feel he could be convinced to leave. Morris believes Billings is more likely to stay at St Kilda but it’s not as clear cut as it seemed 3-4 weeks ago.

Apparently his Manager is holding out for a $900,000 pa contract. Morris also said Essendon are keen to deal with Billings.

Scare tactics...the old Dad is an Essendon coterie member thing.
He’ll sign.

What were the two decisions the article refers to?
One was the Brown one, when he was penalised for tackling the player without the ball, when it was clear the player had taken possession. There was another which I forget, but do remember one of our kickouts only travelled about 12mtrs so it was play on. Weagles kick it about 8mts & that was ok.

Billings will stay his best mate Sinclair has signed on for another 2 years it's amazing what comes out when you lose a few get a few more wins & managers shut up shop.
Billings as we all know will be putting his best effort on the park to increase his contract price - if he gets to be All Australian his price will be more than 8ook

Billings will stay his best mate Sinclair has signed on for another 2 years it's amazing what comes out when you lose a few get a few more wins & managers shut up shop.
Billings as we all know will be putting his best effort on the park to increase his contract price - if he gets to be All Australian his price will be more than 8ook

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe i don't have much of an idea of player payments but $900,000 for Billings , that seems pretty steep to me
Thats the thing nowdays. You dont get paid what your worth, you get paid what somebody is willing to give you.

It could be Coniglio money.

Some players are happy to be paid a modest amount for team success. Others just want all the money to themselves.

If he really demands 900k or leaves I’d Be showing him the door.
I doubt he is holding the club to ransom. Club probably offers 700k, Conners makes public 900k and they settle in the middle at 800k.

They money needs to go somewhere. Dave's contract will be over (which has a large chunk), Robbo is looking likely to retire and he is on around 700k. Plus the potential of Stuv leaving, who is on around 900k.

It's not going to stop us getting anyone by paying our best performing player a decent chunk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back