Prediction Round nine, team changes for the saints

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

He's generally involved in as many, if not more, opposition scores as he is ours IMHO.

You’re not going to get support from me on that one. His good far outweighs the bad. But his 100 metre penalty was a bit of a stinker. Redeemed himself 10 minutes later with a goal to seal the win.

Rekon de Goey plays. seems like an injury that can’t do more damage if something goes wrong. Sit him at FF, he will eat the saints defenders alive like last time around

Rekon de Goey plays. seems like an injury that can’t do more damage if something goes wrong. Sit him at FF, he will eat the saints defenders alive like last time around

and Kick them from Goal Square so he does not Miss the Set Shot

Really want to risk one of our premium commodities in a game we should be able to win without him?
What us his actual injury? Because a lot of injuries you can play with and will do no further damage. For example certain knee injuries you can play with it just won't heal if you play or particular types of back injuries.

What us his actual injury? Because a lot of injuries you can play with and will do no further damage. For example certain knee injuries you can play with it just won't heal if you play or particular types of back injuries.
Shin I believe.

For posters that can remember didn’t Peter Daicos have some shin issue at some point?
I’m sure he said it was his worst ever injury.

35Daicos would know I’m sure?

Shin I believe.

For posters that can remember didn’t Peter Daicos have some shin issue at some point?

I've had shin splints.. f painful and does take a long time to recover.

What the hell is his prognosis? Shin what?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This game will be harder than the Carlton one. De Goey must play if he can.

The Carlton game was close because we turned up but weren't switched on, and were flat footed for majority of the match. When we decided to lift our effort we kicked the next 5 goals. I would like to think we wont play with the same flatness as last week, plus the Saints dont have a Patty Cripps. In my opinion l think we can win this by a comfortable margin.

Shin I believe.

I certainly remember Daicos having had big problems with his feet, as well as with his knees. I don't remember a shin issue, but it was a long time ago, and my memory is not what it used to be, so it may well have happened!

Really want to risk one of our premium commodities in a game we should be able to win without him?

Sorry I disagree. There are absolutely no ‘easy wins’. As seen last week Carlton nearly beat us and saints are better than the blues. We can’t afford to simply ‘rest’ him right now unless totally required. With Cox and Elliot out, our forward structure is hurt too much without JDG

Beams and Varcoe in. Don't agree with Varcs, just not getting enough of it.

Sorry I disagree. There are absolutely no ‘easy wins’. As seen last week Carlton nearly beat us and saints are better than the blues. We can’t afford to simply ‘rest’ him right now unless totally required. With Cox and Elliot out, our forward structure is hurt too much without JDG
He didn’t finish the training session, so is clearly hampered. Will probably be named but will be touch and go to play. He has an injury that may require rest to improve.

I certainly remember Daicos having had big problems with his feet, as well as with his knees. I don't remember a shin issue, but it was a long time ago, and my memory is not what it used to be, so it may well have happened!
Stress fractures in the small bones of the feet - and that was ongoing until he retired.

I realise there are no easy wins, but if we are truly a premiership favourite, without JDG we should be able to beat the Saints at the G. Considering the possible in's as well, Beams, Wells and Sier.

And for the De Goey situation it would seem the designated forward type to take over in case is Daniel Wells.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back