The on topic thread 2.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apologise even though I don't like the song and I don't sing it.

OK. Sorry.

No, apologise because you told off Liverpool fans for being upset about it and misconstruing it.

No need to apologise to me mate.

Yep, like dozens of football chants at just about every football club. Not all of them are in good taste. Most of the ones that talk about other teams/supporters are ****.

I don't personally like (or sing) it. But I don't see much difference between that and "build a bonfire", "If I die", "My old man" etc.

Players and staff singing along brings a bit more attention obviously, I doubt any of the players even know the words until the Sterling bit.

If people don't think it's acceptable that's up to them.

People can call us out if they like. Up to them again.

All I'm arguing against is the stories being put out there now that the song is about Sean Cox and Hillsborough. It's not.

Conveniently.

Sure looks like telling people off for thinking the chant was about Sean Cox and that they shouldn't be offended.

But hey ho, I'm just making arguments out of nothing and no one else reckons you're out of line on this.

I specially say in that post that if anyone finds the chant offensive, or wants to criticise the club that's up to them.

Totally weird that you think that's anything like a telling off or anything I should apologise for.

D6rIRIdXYAAwjPY.jpg:large

D6rK8fzUYAAaEJY.jpg:large

no real idea what happens next. i think milan got referred to the cfcb ages ago and heard nothing since. bit rough on fans that this just keeps dragging alon at a snails pace.

D6rIRIdXYAAwjPY.jpg:large

D6rK8fzUYAAaEJY.jpg:large

no real idea what happens next. i think milan got referred to the cfcb ages ago and heard nothing since. bit rough on fans that this just keeps dragging alon at a snails pace.

Yes, it really needs to be resolved sooner rather than later. Not the smartest by City drawing conclusions about the case with their statement, you can imagine the meltdowns form City fans if UEFA came out and said they were confident that City will be banned.

From what I can ascertain it seems that the investigation is about the funding of sponsorship deals by ADUG which would be a deliberately fraudulent attempt to circumvent the FFP system if true. There has never been a problem with the audited books presented. For me it comes down to if the funding of commercial sponsorship deals by ADUG is actually true or not. If it is I don't see any other option but for UEFA to ban City, financial penalties are laughed at by City club management. If the ADUG funding story isn't true then I expect the case to be dropped.

Not the smartest by City drawing conclusions about the case with their statement, you can imagine the meltdowns form City fans if UEFA came out and said they were confident that City will be banned.

Ha ha

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Liverpool scored one long range goal, City scored none, Arsenal scored 3, Spurs scored 1, and Chelsea and United were somehow docked points for not scoring any long range goals? ESPN have really dipped in quality content.
Yeah since social media really took off about 10 years ago, ESPN have dropped.

I used to love logging on as a teen in the early 2000s to check out soccernet. They'd have some great articles on there. Now, their FB page is pretty average. As we can see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back