Preview Round 9: Essendon vs Fremantle, Docklands, Saturday 18/05/19, 7:20 PM

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another line-in-the-sand game?
Call it what you will.

For me we have already crossed a line but I think pressure from supporters and media will amplify significantly if they lose this one. IMO the loss to Sydney kind of went under the radar in terms of how bad it was. Overshadowed by the Rampe stuff I think, which also created some sort of subconscious narrative that we were “robbed.”

When I was around 15 I used to go to every game, id sit in the same seats behind the goals at the g with mates. I'd always see this same guy maybe in his late 20s, sitting alone, same seat, every week rain hail or shine, rocking back and forth, clasping his hands and ferociously rubbing them inside out each other in a nervy like maneuver for the entire game. I kind of felt for him, footy was clearly everything to him.

since those times Ive fell in and out of love with footy a many times, travelled the world, had a family, done this and that...

I was at the g last week for the country game, decided to sit behind the goals with my daughter - who did I see in the same seat? by himself, rocking back and forth, clasping hands?

...but he looked different, looked like he had been thru 3 world wars, a marathon 5 setter at Roland Garros vs Nadal, 12 rounds with Tyson, he looked beat. This club has put him right thru the ringer

but hes still there, most probably has never left.

I hope we win this week for him.
That guy has a story.
Just say hello.

What I’d like:

IN: Daniher, Laverde, Langford, Begley, Ridley
OUT: Clarke, Myers, Fantasia, Smith, Ham

What will most likely happen:

IN: Daniher, Baguley
OUT: Fantasia, Smith

Holy s**t you were close

There are going to be some very happy fans here

A far better balanced side than last week. Like, palpably. You can cut it with a knife.

Wouldn’t mind seeing Hooker play permanent forward. I think it would greatly assist the structure of the forward line and help with Francis’ development, which should be a higher priority than it currently seems to the club

(Log in to remove this ad.)

McNeice in suggests McKenna will play mid. Will be interesting to see how he goes - I like it in theory. He’s probably the best runner at the club and we lack a little run in midfield.

Baguley was always coming in once Smith and Fantasia went down. I’d have tried something different personally.

Great to see Begley in, Langford is playing for his footballing life, Ridley continues to be stiff.

Happy overall. Baguley and McNiece aren’t taking us anywhere, but the others are positive moves of course.

Re balance though, haven’t we dropped two mids in Smith and Myers and only brought in one in Langford (who isn’t a mid anyway, but whatever).

Rapt for Begley.
Think McKenna will play mid this week.

I wish it was Ridley instead of McNiece and Laverde instead of Baguley.

Langford is a lucky man. Very lucky. I'd have left him in the 2s until he can show me the passion and desire to play seniors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back