Recommitted Brad Crouch [RFA 2020]

Remove this Banner Ad

If the Bombers went for Crouch they'd ask for Francis. Think we all know that that won't happen (both sides would think they are losing massively in a straight swap) but it's still 100% the first word out of the Crows list managers mouth if trade discussions were to start.
Would do that in a heart beat. I love Franga as a prospect and believe he is as naturally talwnted as they come. But Ridley and Redman have gone past him for the same position and Crouch fills a need.

The issue is cap space though obviously after bringing in Saad, Smith, Stringer and Shiel.

Been very consistent

A player I would pay overs for
fair call..I have always been a huge fan of his and injury has really hampered his career. But whenever he has got a run at it, he is our best mid and this year he is showing that again. He won't be leaving and will be a career crow with his brother. Also, thanks to the Carlton trade, we may very well be able to pair them, Sloane and our younger players with another elite young mid like Anderson or Rowell at the end of this year.

This guy is having a ripper season!

There must some murmurings somewhere about his future, contract, clubs chasing him....

Surely there is not nothing!

This guy is having a ripper season!

There must some murmurings somewhere about his future, contract, clubs chasing him....

Surely there is not nothing!

He’s contracted till the end of 2020.. and no rumours of him being unhappy or looking toward home... he’s a Vic Country boy too so maybe he prefers the big country town feel of Adelaide over the thought of living in dreary, crowded and traffic clogged Melbourne!...

Some people don’t like living in the big smoke!...

43 touches huge
But crows will hold him to his contract even if hypothetically he wanted out now which remains to be seen
He is our most important player. We missed him badly last year and now he seems to be over his groin injuries, he has been awesome. I just hope that the club can lock him down for his whole career and the same goes for Matt Crouch

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What players of currency do you see leaving at the end of the year?

Well the "list of 10" that the media in Adelaide came out with yesterday were:

Greenwood, Keath, Hartigan, Douglas, Betts, Knight, Jacobs, Fogarty, Mackay, Jenkins

As far as I'm concerned I would only be really disappointed to lose Fogarty and Keath.

Greenwood - I think other clubs can just offer him more than we will and given he only has 1 real AFL contract in his career I think he will take as much as he can get)
Hartigan - Dont rate him. If we can get anything for him good for us.
Douglas - not worth anything, should retire
Betts - will be looked at by other clubs but will be 33 by next season and isn't providing the pressure he used to.
Knight - just an average player at AFL level. Clubs may have a look.
Jacobs - Love the guy, and he can seriously play, but O'Brien has taken the mantle now and he aint getting it back. Still has value
Mackay - no value, please just retire
Jenkins - good footballer, but doesnt fit in the same forward line as Tex and is on big money. Has value, but contract cost is a query.

Honestly about 5 of those would be prime to be cut/retired anyway.

Well the "list of 10" that the media in Adelaide came out with yesterday were:

Greenwood, Keath, Hartigan, Douglas, Betts, Knight, Jacobs, Fogarty, Mackay, Jenkins

As far as I'm concerned I would only be really disappointed to lose Fogarty and Keath.

Greenwood - I think other clubs can just offer him more than we will and given he only has 1 real AFL contract in his career I think he will take as much as he can get)
Hartigan - Dont rate him. If we can get anything for him good for us.
Douglas - not worth anything, should retire
Betts - will be looked at by other clubs but will be 33 by next season and isn't providing the pressure he used to.
Knight - just an average player at AFL level. Clubs may have a look.
Jacobs - Love the guy, and he can seriously play, but O'Brien has taken the mantle now and he aint getting it back. Still has value
Mackay - no value, please just retire
Jenkins - good footballer, but doesnt fit in the same forward line as Tex and is on big money. Has value, but contract cost is a query.

Honestly about 5 of those would be prime to be cut/retired anyway.
Fair enough. Out of those guys mentioned there probably isn't a lot of value.

Probably going a bit off track now, but don't you think the club will try and shake things up a bit and try and get a few more early picks?

It's an aging list and there doesn't seem to be a huge amount of quality coming through.

Fair enough. Out of those guys mentioned there probably isn't a lot of value.

Probably going a bit off track now, but don't you think the club will try and shake things up a bit and try and get a few more early picks?

It's an aging list and there doesn't seem to be a huge amount of quality coming through.
Maybe the way to look at it is that there will be a firewall around the core group of topline players & leadership players and the youth coming through (ie B Crouch, Sloane, M Crouch, Walker Talia, Milera, Smith, Doedee, Brown, Laird, R O'Brien and a few others + the recent draftees from the last couple of seasons ie 2017-2018). After that I think the club would entertain enquiries but even in a downturn where you want to bring in more picks, there is little value trading out your best mids to replace them with young mids. You are better off trading out mid tier talent and getting 2nd / 3rd round picks or player swaps and then using picks to try and bundle together to trade up. It is entirely possible that selective trading from the crows could engineer along with using their 2 x 2nd round picks another couple of 1st round picks to go with the carlton 1st round pick they have

Remove this Banner Ad

Back